PDA

View Full Version : Angeles Range 2 thumbs up

soundwave
10-21-2007, 2:26 PM
Hey gang,

Went to Angeles for the first time on Saturday and wanted to give a report for those who haven't ventured there yet.

I was very impressed with the range in general.

Good points:

- $14.00 to shoot all day.
- Plenty of room for shooters. The place was crowded, but I could still walk right up to the firing line and start blasting as soon as I arrived.
- Plenty of targets on the pistol range. It was nice having the steel targets to plink at with my handguns and 10/22 rifle, wish I would had brought my shotgun! On the same line further down they also had wood frames to place your own paper/cardboard targets.
- The rifle range also allowed me to set up and shoot with no wait. Dirt berms every 100 yards all the way out to 700 yards (I think). Steel targets from 200 yards and out (LOVE hearing the PING!). Target stands available from the pro shop for 4 buck deposit which is returned upon the return of the stand.

Bad Point:

-Got very windy towards th end of the day, which is normal up there.

Go check it out if you haven't been there yet, I will be back many times.

Bassxhead
10-21-2007, 2:47 PM
Sounds awesome. I just finished building my first rifle and im gonna go try it out there. Ive never even been to an outdoor range before. All I really have are ear and eye protection, what else should i take? Is there any special outdoor range etiquette?

soundwave
10-21-2007, 2:58 PM
Ear and eye, guns, ammo, and targets if you want to bring your own. If not, they have plenty of stell to shoot at and paper targets with stand for $4.

As far as etiquette goes, just listen to the range officers for cease fires, ect... read the rules when you get there and follow em. That's really it.

I'm sure you'll have a blast

glockman19
11-03-2007, 4:04 PM
Angeles is a great place to shoot. Friendly staff, Great RO's, Outdoors, open late on Wednesday night.

bear308
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Angeles is a great place to shoot. Friendly staff, Great RO's, Outdoors, open late on Wednesday night.

Let's get full disclosure here, you are a intrested party in their business.

They are a great place, I've been shooting there for years. Long distance on the steel, lots of fun on the pistol plates and all for $14.

glockman19
11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Let's get full disclosure here, you are a intrested party in their business.

YES

PistolPete75
11-08-2007, 8:51 PM
Angeles is a great place to shoot, and I am not an interested party. Best time is to go on thursdays. 1/2 price, steel is freshly painted, can shoot paper to 200 and 300yards, and lots of steel out to 600yards.

Slugger
11-10-2007, 5:40 PM
Is magnetic ammo allowed there?

I have an M1 and bunch of Greek 30 06 which attracts a magnet. Having a heck-of-a time finding a place to shoot my Garand. :(

69Mach1
11-10-2007, 5:48 PM
Nope

soundwave
11-10-2007, 5:49 PM
Is magnetic ammo allowed there?

I have an M1 and bunch of Greek 30 06 which attracts a magnet. Having a heck-of-a time finding a place to shoot my Garand. :(

Their website has an ammo restrictions section which states:

We allow all cartridges up to 50 BMG, no automatic firearms!

We no longer allow the use of steel core, steel or bi-metal jacketed ammunition..
(can be tested with magnet on the bullet)

If you are found to have this ammo on the firing line
you will be asked to leave the property... no exceptions!!!

Also tracer ammunition is never allowed..

That being said, I saw they had some wolf ammo int he pro shop for sale and I thought Wolf was bi metal...

Better just call up and ask them.

Slugger
11-10-2007, 7:44 PM
Their website has an ammo restrictions section which states:

We allow all cartridges up to 50 BMG, no automatic firearms!

We no longer allow the use of steel core, steel or bi-metal jacketed ammunition..
(can be tested with magnet on the bullet)

If you are found to have this ammo on the firing line
you will be asked to leave the property... no exceptions!!!

Also tracer ammunition is never allowed..

...That being said, I saw they had some wolf ammo int he pro shop for sale and I thought Wolf was bi metal...

Better just call up and ask them.

Will do. Thanks.

Beetle Bailey
11-10-2007, 7:58 PM
I shoot at Angeles about once a week, and they do check your ammo to see if it attracts a magnet - if it does, they will not allow you to shoot it there.

Also, not all Wolf ammo is loaded with bi-metal bullets. Some are copper jacketed.

JMB1911
11-17-2007, 3:38 PM
They sold me Wolf ammo in 7.62 x 39 for a buddy's Mini-30. Great place to shoot - as stated many times...staff is great, people are generally cool and informative. And let's not forget the well-stocked reloading store. I got most of my reloading stuff from there. Better than paying Midwayusa.com's hazardous materials fee. Only drawback for me is the 45 miles commute and the 405 freeway!