PDA

View Full Version : Is the TRP Operator DOJ Approved?

biznacho
10-20-2007, 9:22 PM
Does any body know if you can buy a PC9105LP ?
:confused:

Hanniballs
10-20-2007, 9:27 PM
you're missing a digit....

-
Model Gun Type Barrel Length Caliber Exp Date
PC9105L (ambi safety) / Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 9/20/2008
PC9105L / Steel Pistol 5 .45 ACP 9/20/2008

Kruzr
10-20-2007, 9:36 PM
you're missing a digit....

-
Model Gun Type Barrel Length Caliber Exp Date
PC9105L (ambi safety) / Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 9/20/2008
PC9105L / Steel Pistol 5 .45 ACP 9/20/2008

If he's missing a digit, we can excuse the typo. It's hard to type with a missing digit. :)

grim1U
10-20-2007, 9:39 PM
If he's missing a digit, we can excuse the typo. It's hard to type with a missing digit.
10-20-2007 10:27 PM

:D Ok, now that's funny.:43:

leelaw
10-20-2007, 9:46 PM
IIRC, only the Operator with the full-length rail is approved (what the "L" means)

Having said that, I've seen a couple of the TRP Tactical Operators and they are VERY nice. Heavy as heck, but nice.

biznacho
10-20-2007, 9:58 PM
Sorry for the typo!
I heard thar SA was shipping them as PC9105L dropping the P?

slick_711
10-20-2007, 10:00 PM
IIRC, only the Operator with the full-length rail is approved (what the "L" means)

Having said that, I've seen a couple of the TRP Tactical Operators and they are VERY nice. Heavy as heck, but nice.

No (my apologies for correcting you Lee). The full length rail is the "old" model, it may be still on the list but is no longer in production. The "new" TRP Operator is a 'standard' length rail much like the Kimber TLE RL IIs, it is also on the list, but only the black bull barreled model comes w/ rail. All three current TRPs are current on the list in CA.

1) Armory Kote w/ bull barrel & rail
2) Armory Kote
3) Stainless steel

#1 is the heavy one, but it's a helluva pistol. Personally I think the TRP in general is the nicest/best built production 1911 on the market.

Forgive my inebriated self for not looking up the model numbers. Depending on your FFL & distributors you may have trouble finding them anyway. The seem to be on limited production lately and lord knows who is buying them all up because we've had trouble getting any of them (SA 1911s in general).

ETA: SA does drop one of the letters/digits from their packaging, but all three are on the list. Me thinks it's the L or P that's on the CA list and not the packaging, but it's a "misprint," not a different gun. I think the "P" just means package so isn't mentioned one way or the other?

leelaw
10-20-2007, 10:04 PM
No (my apologies for correcting you Lee). The full length rail is the "old" model, it may be still on the list but is no longer in production. The "new" TRP Operator is a 'standard' length rail much like the Kimber TLE RL IIs, it is also on the list, but only the black bull barreled model comes w/ rail. All three current TRPs are current on the list in CA.

1) Armory Kote w/ bull barrel & rail
2) Armory Kote
3) Stainless steel

#1 is the heavy one, but it's a helluva pistol. Personally I think the TRP in general is the nicest/best built production 1911 on the market.

Forgive my inebriated self for not looking up the model numbers. Depending on your FFL & distributors you may have trouble finding them anyway. The seem to be on limited production lately and lord knows who is buying them all up because we've had trouble getting any of them (SA 1911s in general).

ETA: SA does drop one of the letters/digits from their packaging, but all three are on the list. Me thinks it's the L or P that's on the CA list and not the packaging, but it's a "misprint," not a different gun. I think the "P" just means package so isn't mentioned one way or the other?
No problem with the correction. I haven't looked into SA handguns for a while, but remember a big discussion about it a few months back when it came to the conclusion that some particular redesigned model of the Operator with a short rail was not approved, and that the one which was approved, with the full-length rail, was discontinued.

slick_711
10-20-2007, 10:09 PM
No problem with the correction. I haven't looked into SA handguns for a while, but remember a big discussion about it a few months back when it came to the conclusion that some particular redesigned model of the Operator with a short rail was not approved, and that the one which was approved, with the full-length rail, was discontinued.

I remember that same discussion but I've sold all four since then. :)

Cosmetically I really loved that full length rail, and it shot stable as a rock with all that weight, but it's a PITA to carry around & custom holsters are few and far between. Plus I can't afford any of the TRPs for the time being. :rolleyes:

1911 in 916
10-20-2007, 10:46 PM
They just made a special run of the full length rail a while back. Retail was $1500. Just give the custom shop a call to find out.