PDA

View Full Version : The firing line in burbank

morepoop4u
10-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Do they let you use your own ammo if you rent from them. I might stock up on wwb before I take some of my friends there. Also does anybody have any coupons for lane or gun rentals.

Greg-Dawg
10-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Do they let you use your own ammo if you rent from them. I might stock up on wwb before I take some of my friends there. Also does anybody have any coupons for lane or gun rentals.

Nope. Their guns ONLY use their ammo-which makes sense. By the way, they have a discount on ammo if you become a member, this is a recent promo.

You can go to their website to print out a coupon or stop by and ask for a flyer.

glockman19
11-03-2007, 5:03 PM

randy
11-04-2007, 7:48 PM
Ranges are in business to sell ammo.

Glockman is either asleep or doesn't know exactly what he's talking about. The reloaded ammo at the Firing Line is or was (I haven't been there in sometime) down loaded about 10% not 10% of OEM. Oh and by the way there is no spec for OEM ammo the specs you are talking about are SAAMI. They use Winchester primers, 231 powder and Reiner bullets. Their 230 grain .45 used to make major so how down loaded can they be?

The amount of powder saved I'm sure amounts to something but the big savings is less wear and tear on their guns.

CSACANNONEER
11-04-2007, 8:35 PM
Buy their ammo and shot it on their range. Buy Wal Mart ammo and shot it on isle 7A (I think. To be sure, you need to ask the clerk at the ammo counter).

glockman19
11-04-2007, 8:40 PM
Glockman is either asleep or doesn't know exactly what he's talking about.

Randy, you are correct it is downloaded by 10%. That's what I meant to say. The ammo is reloaded by CAl Ammo owned by the guy who owns the Firing line indoor ranges. Odd thing is I can not only get Factory loads for less but the same ammo from the same manufacturer at other ranges is less. I'd rather keep my brass and shoot full loads than reloads for more. And YES I was referring to SAMMI spec loads.
how down loaded can they be?
Enough to be noticable. Fire both ans you'll see.

So I can buy New for 25% less and reolad for less than half. Why would anyone buy overpriced reloads? That's my point. TFL ammo 9mm $125 for 500 rounds. Another nearby range same ammo same manufacturer $95. New Factory CCI Blazer Brass MidwayUSA.com $99 for 500 rounds. Also Most manufacturers void warranty on guns that shoot reloads.

Ranges are in business to sell ammo.
Fine but their RELOADS are more expensive than Factory ammo?

randy
11-04-2007, 8:53 PM
If you are a member you pay a $125.00 a year to shoot. Just how many memberships do you think you'd have to sell in a year to keep the place open? The range is in business to sell ammo.

I'm not saying they don't charge more but they do have to meet business expenes and put a bit in their pockets too.

Do the math try to figure out how much it costs to run a range.

I only go to the range in Burbank it has always been clean, well run, and a fun place to shoot.

brassburnz
11-04-2007, 9:58 PM
New Factory CCI Blazer Brass MidwayUSA.com $99 for 500 rounds. Also Most manufacturers void warranty on guns that shoot reloads.

Fine but their RELOADS are more expensive than Factory ammo? What a rip off.

I rent guns from a range. I buy a bag of 50 rounds.

I have my own guns. I buy ammo by the case (1,000 rounds).

Why is it a rip-off if the 50 rounds of reloads costs more per round than buying ammo by the case? The 50 rounds should cost more per round than buying ammo by the case.

Randy
NRA Life Member