PDA

View Full Version : SA Mil Spec at the range

MrBurns
10-20-2007, 5:50 PM
Headed up to Angeles today with my brand new SA Mil Spec and three boxes of PMC Bronze .45ACP. I didn't get to shoot any paper targets because they said it was too windy so I spent my time on the steel plates at 35yds. The gun functioned really well for not being broken in at all. Being a new 1911, I expected at least one failure, and I had one FTF on round #100. I cleared it, checked the round, reloaded it, and it went off just fine. I had zero issues for the remaining 50rds. The sights were very easy to see, the spur hammer didn't bite me, and the grip safety didn't even attempt to chew the web of my hand. I've shot 1911's before, but this one really felt good for some reason. I didn't shoot it as well as I shoot my XD9 - though I'm sure with practice I'll get more accustomed to it and shoot better. Thus far I am very happy with this pistol and can't wait to shoot it again. :D

NeoWeird
10-20-2007, 6:20 PM
MY SA Mil-spec was my first handgun ever. Truely is a great gun and outside of operator error I don't think it's ever malfunctioned, even when excessively dirty (of course I put fairly low volume over time through it). Funny thing is, I too don't shoot it as well as other people's guns. I have that curse, I shoot my friends Glock better at 75 yards than I do my own 1911 at 50 yards. I think I just need to do some upgrades. I didn't want to, being as it's my baby, but the grips crack a month or so back and I think it's time to let go and let it grow up.

What Just Happened?
10-20-2007, 10:53 PM
I'd ask for pics, but I'm going to be picking up a Stainless Steel one in 8 days (next Sunday).

Sorry about it Being windy. Sometimes there's something to be said for an indoor range.

roor1200
10-21-2007, 1:35 AM
:useless:

MrBurns
10-21-2007, 1:21 PM
I'd post some pix but I'm housesitting over at my parents' house and don't have access to my picture files. I did post two pix on the last page of the 1911 gallery though. Its the stainless Mil Spec.

RudyN
10-21-2007, 1:32 PM
Great on you new Mil-Spec. I have one also in Stainless Steel. It shoots pretty darn nice and if you ever want to do do upgrades on it, it is a good platform to do so. Now I just have to get my rearend back out to the range to shoot it some more.

kroniclove
10-21-2007, 9:22 PM
ohhh yea. i have a mil spec as well. absolutely love this pistol as this is my first one ever.

- i have a quick question- angeles gun range have metal plates for handguns?? if so i am definately missing out. how much is it to use this range

thanks

MrBurns
10-22-2007, 8:01 AM
Yeah, Angeles has tons of steel plates on the pistol range. Distances go from 35yds to 100yds. Here's their web address with all the info you need. www.angelesranges.com.

maxicon
10-22-2007, 9:03 AM
I like my Milspec a lot - it's one of my most accurate semi-autos, and is pleasant to shoot. I've only replaced the grips and de-horned the mag well opening.

Here's a 10 yard target with 24 rounds in it (and one jerked trigger):

http://www.maxicon.com/guns/pics/milspec_group_1a.jpg

Spitfire75
10-22-2007, 4:27 PM
Mr. Burns, I'm going to put at least 3 rounds through your gun someday soon. Maybe 5.

MrBurns
10-22-2007, 6:32 PM
Ok Spitfire, but you're gonna have to supply 'em yourself. I don't have enough to share!