PDA

View Full Version : H&K USP comapact Vs Glock 36

pulserifle99
10-20-2007, 6:44 PM
Im going to begin working for a agency that will allow me to have a CCW but im looking at 2 guns. The Usp compact in 45 or a glock 36. Which one is more easily concealable? I know the USP is slightly longer but how do they compare otherwise?

The SoCal Gunner
10-20-2007, 6:59 PM
Glock 36 would be more concealable because it is a single stack though there are slimmer choices. You are comparing 8+1 rounds in a double stack vs. the 6+1 in a slimline. Depending on your size, the G36 will be very easy to conceal and if you want more capacity you can always look to a G19 or G23 because they are similar in size but of course they aren't in .45acp.

gunrun45
10-20-2007, 7:08 PM
Im going to begin working for a agency that will allow me to have a CCW

Is this a Law Enforcement agency? Does your agency issue the G22?
The reason I ask is that mag interchangeability is a big issue with me. The G36 uses a mag that is not interchangeable with any other Glock product that I know of for duty type use.

If you carry a subcompact 40 Glock (I forget the model #) in a CCW situation you can use your duty full size mags as a back up mag ;)

Subcompact XD's also share the mag interchangeability between their sub compact and duty sizes but not many agencies field XD's right now.

The H&K USP platform does NOT feature mag interchangeability between their compact and full size models. I found out the hard way AFTER I bought a USP40c :(

I personally have carried my USP40c for several years as my primary off duty gun and love it. The built in recoil management system seems to take the "snap" out of the corbon powerball +P rounds I field in it and the size is easy to conceal for me either in a IWB holster on in a pancake holster.

I would also shoot both if you have the oportunity as the Glock and USP will naturally point differently in your hand due to their grip deisgn. Having the gun automatically properly index in your hand is very important IMO for a CCW gun.

metalhead357
10-20-2007, 7:38 PM
I've the USP compact in .45 but NOT the 36...but a 26.....:( From what I remember about fondling the 36 was the pistol grip felt shorter in my palm but the slide(s) seemed about identical.

Personally....I'd just go with the USP....but then again I am a confirmed HK fan;)

Miltiades
10-20-2007, 7:48 PM
I have a USP compact and have handled the Glock 36. The Glock is somewhat smaller than the USP and would conceal a little easier.

I think the decision between these two depends on the type of trigger you like in addition to the obvious size and capacity differences. The Glock gives you the standard Glock DAO trigger with a 5.5 pound pull on every shot, and no manual safeties or decockers. The USP is more complex, and can be configured in several different ways, including DA/SA, DAO or SA with cocked and locked setup like a 1911. Both are good guns with good reputations for reliability.

I think a more comparable gun to the Glock 36 would be the Kahr P45. The Kahr is very similar to the Glock in size, weight, polymer frame and DAO trigger. So you might want to consider it as a candidate as well.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImages/903/976932676/wm_506924.jpg

gunrun45
10-20-2007, 8:46 PM
I totally forgot about the Kahr arms!
Good sugestion for a CCW gun. Very slim and easy to carry.

Sniper3142
10-20-2007, 9:46 PM
I love the grip on the USPc. It feels great in my hands. The G36 & G30 both felt too small and uncomfortable to me. My pinky kept wanting to fall off the bottom of the small grips on the Glocks.

The Glocks do conceal easier than the USP but that won't count for $h!t if the gun isn't a good fit for your hands when shooting it.

Best advice is to try both and pick the one that meets your requirements.

Greg-Dawg
10-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Have you shot either of them to see how they handle? I'd recommend doing that before getting 1,000 suggestions.

mk19
10-21-2007, 12:32 AM
personally i'd go with the usp c, also one plus for that is that they make a mag floor plate that give you 2 more rounds and the size remains the same. one other 45 to considers is the sringfield micro compact, that is just an awesome carry gun, goes for about 1100 bucks.

10-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I have a compact USP 45 and I'm thinking of getting a Kahr....

metalhead357
10-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I have a compact USP 45 and I'm thinking of getting a Kahr....

If we're all broading this to also include the Kahr...Heck yes! they're dam good guns! I dont have have one in .45 yet....yet;) but I personally love mine MORe than the Glock but still a smidge less than the HK.

10-22-2007, 1:02 AM
I agree with Metalhead357. Kahrs are nice guns. They are not replacements for my HKs, but I will take a Kahr over a Glock any day.

1911su16b870
10-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I really like the G26 for CCW, but would go G30 due to 10-rounds of 45ACP and taking the G21 mags.