PDA

View Full Version : Brady California group

Kestryll
10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Well, we made noise and now those who oppose and would take our freedoms have noticed us and come out to play.

xxxhttp://www.bradycampaign.org/chapters/california/#welcome

This is why we have to work harder, smarter and together even more.
No more factions.
No more 'that doesn't affect MY hobby'.
No more 'Those hunter/EBR/target shooters deserve what they get for not helping us hunter/EBR/target shooters!'

The media and Legislature won't give us a pass like they do the Bradys when they screw up or lie, they're looking for it from us.
That's why we need to do it better and cleaner and not give them something to hang their hat on.

We may be coming up on a slow time for law making but that doesn't mean we can give up or get complacent.
The people at that site linked above will not be idle and neither should we.

chris
10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
2nd that one. get off your butts and join the NRA and be F***ing vocal.

G17GUY
10-19-2007, 4:02 PM
http://www.bradycampaign.org/chapters/california/microstamping.pps

:sleeping:

mk19
10-19-2007, 4:09 PM
Would love to join NRA, however they are the bigest gun control organization in the country, brady compaign comes in second to NRA. Can't we do a CalGuns organization of some sort where we could get into lobbying to preserve our rights? just an idea

five.five-six
10-19-2007, 4:19 PM
+1 bill, the more support and strength the NRA has, the lest consessions and tough choices they have to make

five.five-six
10-19-2007, 4:22 PM
my new favorite brady quote "Teddy Bears are more regulated that guns"

God Bless The Mauser
10-19-2007, 5:04 PM
Why can't they just leave us the **** alone

SemiAutoSam
10-19-2007, 5:06 PM
They will after they have disarmed all of us.

Why can't they just leave us the **** alone

God Bless The Mauser
10-19-2007, 5:19 PM
I don't think they will risk disarming people. A lot of people will not give them up and it will get lots of government officials killed.

gazzavc
10-19-2007, 5:30 PM
+1 on that thought.

All my lads that join our reenactment unit, automatically have an additional $25 added to their yearly dues to cover their NRA membership.

I know its less than $400 per year from us , but its a start.

Gaz

pnkssbtz
10-19-2007, 5:31 PM
They will after they have disarmed all of us.

No they won't. It will never end.

Today its guns, tomorrow its bows and crossbows, next week its pocket knives and the month after that its balaclavas and trench coats etc...

I'm a member of the NRA not because I believe NRA has looked out for my interests in every venue they've entered, but because it brings me closer to other gun owners who are like me.

National Rifle Association.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

HK fan
10-19-2007, 6:07 PM
Today its guns, tomorrow its bows and crossbows, next week its pocket knives and the month after that its balaclavas and trench coats etc...

don't forget about those sharp corners on the coffee tables! Someone ought to make a law or do something about those!

oaklander
10-19-2007, 8:14 PM
Would love to join NRA, however they are the bigest gun control organization in the country, brady compaign comes in second to NRA. Can't we do a CalGuns organization of some sort where we could get into lobbying to preserve our rights? just an idea

You are wrong in so many ways. You might want to join the NRA, attend your local member's council meetings, do some volunteer work for them, learn what they are really about, and *then* form an opinion.

You won't find many (if any) NRA "bashers" on this board.

I'm a member, as are many people on this board. Learn what the NRA really stands for before posting.

metalhead357
10-19-2007, 8:58 PM
You won't find many (if any) NRA "bashers" on this board..

YES YOU WILL.
I Wuzzzzzzzzz (past tense) as I completely felt sold out after the '89 cali and the '94 Fed ban. But fate smiled upon me and I'm much more of the mind that WE ALL DO NEED TO PROVIDE A COMMON FRONT.

None of the other 2nd Amend groups are seemingly up to the task. So while I still have some disdain for the NRA I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM letting them do thier 'thing' and I am back to being a proud SUPPORTER of them.

mk19
10-20-2007, 1:12 AM
I am sure NRA does a lot of good, it is just that sometimes they make comprimises,imo. true they are the strongest front agianst the the commie gun hateing nazi bastards, just wish they they wouldn't take a no, the latest thing the ticked me about them is when they invited Rudy insteaded of an actual pro-2nd amendment candidate like Ron Paul to speak at thier convention. i mean what gives. maybe i should do as oaklander says , then i'd understand the method behind the madness :)

Army
10-20-2007, 1:24 AM
Far too many anti-NRA gun owners really do not understand that the Association has NO legislative power, and get mad when a gun control bill passes, saying "the NRA failed us again!"

NRA is nothing more than a gun club.....a great big one...but a club none the less. That they can bring legal stature to bear against Congress is highly commendable, worthwhile, and sorely needed at all times. They are not Congressmen, Senators, or even Presidents, though many of these people have been members, nor does the NRA have any vote power in government.

The NRA is us. Little ol' you and me. Common everyday Americans (and happily, quite a few non-natives) that believe in what the US Constitution says, and live our lives accordingly. Gun owners have the enviable reputation of being some of the most law-abiding folk in the USA...but there are those that would pass laws to disarm us, yet protect the criminals from further prosecution. You and I cannot simply be in Washington DC every day to battle for those rights given us by our Creator, we have jobs to work to pay the taxes for those who refuse to work. We have families to feed and protect and property to maintain. And, for some of us, an obligation to the US Armed Forces.

So, the NRA does go to Washington DC everyday, and fights those that want to enslave us...."for the chilllldrennn..." so we don't have to. They cannot pass laws, but they can lobby those Congressmen and Senators who are more like us in their thinking and living, into stopping legislation contrary to the Bill Of Rights. GOA, CRPA etc also have the same agenda as the NRA, but without the muscle of over 4 million members behind them. The NRA has a wonderful record of stopping, or watering down, anti-gun laws. They have been instrumental in keeping the anti-gun forces at bay, by bringing truth and reality into the discussions, rather than raw emotion.

"Where was the NRA" is so often heard when anti-gun laws get passed. I ask........."Hey, gun owner and un-registered voter, where were YOU".

I am SGT. David Medzyk, USA-----and proud Life Member of the National Rifle Association.

bg
10-20-2007, 7:34 AM
I don't think they will risk disarming people. A lot of people will not give them up and it will get lots of government officials killed.

They don't HAVE to disarm us...Just make everything that it takes to light
off a round almost impossible to obtain and their deeds are done..
It's called the back door-disarm project.

I remember the NRA on last years fight against the micro stamp bill
and how Koretz ? about went into cardiac arrest when he couldn't get
his bill through..We lose some, we win some, but that was real life drama at
it's best and the NRA as well as we were right smack dab in the trenches.

MedSpec65
10-20-2007, 9:57 AM
The NRA and The CRPA have scored big legislative successes in California the past few years. Although the fight is far from over, they have managed to achieve some key modifications to the Carry laws that will eventually lead to us becoming a "Shall Issue" State. The opposition is operating from a position of ignorance about firearms because they are simply hoplophobic. Knowledge is power. We have plenty of that on this forum and within the ranks of the NRA and the CRPA. Stand strong. Support the NRA-ILA and the CRPA. They have some heavy-duty lawyers that can slug it out with the red-doper-diaper-baby crowd from Berkeley and NYU and prevail in any courtroom in the State. 38 "Shall Issue" States is pretty strong evidence the momentum is with us. California is facing some severe economic problems sooner than later. Examples are Interstate Bakeries completely withdrawing from the Southern California market and throwing 1300 employees out of work because of the new carbon dioxide emissions standards recently signed into law by the Governator. These are the makers of Wonder Bread, Roman Meal, Home Pride and Baker's Inn breads. Cement plants will close and highway construction projects will be halted because for every ton of cement produced, a TON of carbon dioxide is released. Mexico has already seen riots because of spiralling tortilla prices due to ethanol production. In order to meet the ten percent requirement, 4.3 million acres of California farmland must be converted to ethanol production in the next THREE years. California has a total of 11 million acres producing any kind of crops. The wine industry is in big trouble. California's unemployment rate has skyrocketed from 4.8% to 5.5% since January. These stark realities facing errant CA voters are going to change political perceptions overnight and legions of unemployed desperate transients are going to put their personal safety at the top of their priority lists. Change comes with a price. We will all pay the price for the many years of Sacramento empty suits legislating issues of no real importance to the real concerns of the State's population. Once the wealthy taxpayers supporting this house of cards see the writing on the wall, they will quietly move themselves and their assets to their alternate estates and banks around the globe. Gray Davis is alive and well in Saramento. He now has an Austrian accent and is spending the State into oblivion to "Set an Example", while admitting this economically catastrophic public policy WILL NOT solve global warming.

chris
10-20-2007, 4:48 PM

do you honestly believe that crap they are spewing out from their ARSES!!!!
that's exactly what they are doing this past legislative session only proves more and more. think again please.

SemiAutoSam
10-20-2007, 5:01 PM
Well Just to Spite Arnold I just bought 4 additional Private party Pistols another Sig P229 in 40SW, Another Sig P226 in 9mm, A ParaOrd 14/45 in stainless steel, And last but not least a Colt Officers 45 ACP In Stainless steel.

Take that Arnold.

metalhead357
10-20-2007, 5:47 PM
Far too many anti-NRA gun owners really do not understand that the Association has NO legislative power, and get mad when a gun control bill passes, saying "the NRA failed us again!".

No, not entirely correct; AND NOT TO TURN THIS INTO AN ANTI-NRA thread....sure they dont have legislative authority....but then they ARE more than a gun club; or hence why the INSTITUTE FOR LEGISLATIVE ACTION????????????

Some ARE believing that thier dues are paying for things to get done.....NOT directly but certainly under the belief that thier $$ is going to net the NRA as a whole a desirable effect.....

But as said...we win some we loose some. But we all just gotta stop d' bickering between us all.

mk19
10-20-2007, 10:44 PM
this is more is form of a question, my ignorace sorry in advance, just something that has been going through my head. is NRA doing any kind of lobbying work? since that seems to work miracles with these politicians. and if not why not?

oaklander
10-20-2007, 10:50 PM
The NRA is doing TONS of lobbying work. In fact, they have a full time paid lobbyist in California - they are the *only* gun rights organization that has one on a full time basis in this state.

In DC, the NRA has a staff of 80 in the ILA - see:

In NRA Headquarters in Fairfax, Va., and in offices in Washington, D.C., and in Sacramento, Calif., the Institute employs a staff of more than 80, with a team of full-time lobbyists defending Second Amendment issues on Capitol Hill, in state legislatures and in local government bodies.

http://www.nraila.org/About/

They are on top of it. I am grateful for their work, and that's why I just upgraded to Life Member.

:D

oaklander
10-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Note that the ILA has three offices in the country - one of them is in Sacramento. They know that laws that start here tend to sweep across the country.

RRangel
10-21-2007, 1:11 PM
I don't consider them grass roots, more like top down. The organization was created by wealthy elitists that want to change the US into their own image. We're not worthy of controlling our own destiny, let alone protect our families, and property.

By the very nature of its existence I would say this group doesn't out number gun owners. Not by a long shot.

What they do have is support of the mainstream media and crazy politicians like Mike Fueur. In a sane environment this person would be run out of office as he's a danger to the safety of the general public.

Lets keep doing what we're doing. Imagine gun boards like calguns.net with 100,000+ members.

DRSFEFA
10-21-2007, 3:21 PM
Far too many anti-NRA gun owners really do not understand that the Association has NO legislative power, and get mad when a gun control bill passes, saying "the NRA failed us again!"

NRA is nothing more than a gun club.....a great big one...but a club none the less. That they can bring legal stature to bear against Congress is highly commendable, worthwhile, and sorely needed at all times. They are not Congressmen, Senators, or even Presidents, though many of these people have been members, nor does the NRA have any vote power in government.

The NRA is us. Little ol' you and me. Common everyday Americans (and happily, quite a few non-natives) that believe in what the US Constitution says, and live our lives accordingly. Gun owners have the enviable reputation of being some of the most law-abiding folk in the USA...but there are those that would pass laws to disarm us, yet protect the criminals from further prosecution. You and I cannot simply be in Washington DC every day to battle for those rights given us by our Creator, we have jobs to work to pay the taxes for those who refuse to work. We have families to feed and protect and property to maintain. And, for some of us, an obligation to the US Armed Forces.

So, the NRA does go to Washington DC everyday, and fights those that want to enslave us...."for the chilllldrennn..." so we don't have to. They cannot pass laws, but they can lobby those Congressmen and Senators who are more like us in their thinking and living, into stopping legislation contrary to the Bill Of Rights. GOA, CRPA etc also have the same agenda as the NRA, but without the muscle of over 4 million members behind them. The NRA has a wonderful record of stopping, or watering down, anti-gun laws. They have been instrumental in keeping the anti-gun forces at bay, by bringing truth and reality into the discussions, rather than raw emotion.

"Where was the NRA" is so often heard when anti-gun laws get passed. I ask........."Hey, gun owner and un-registered voter, where were YOU".

I am SGT. David Medzyk, USA-----and proud Life Member of the National Rifle Association.

+1 Army! The NRA also realizes that wars, unlike battles, are won one small increment at a time (unless of course you nuke 'em).

Radical, knee jerk, no compromise views are very palatable and desirable. They are certainly in my heart. But then I start thinking of the end result.

The reality is that our 2nd amendment rights have been eroded so far that it MUST be a controlled. measured, fight in order to at least get back to what we had, before the onslaught of liberalism and the MSM.

The NRA is far from perfect but it is also far from the "sellout" that the radical fringe espouses. Do we want to take back America peacefully? Or do we want to dive into civil war without further discourse?

The infighting between our 2A organizations is even more of a disaster. Politics are ugly. Ignoring the need to use the system to beat itself is even uglier.

DRSFEFA, proud member of the NRA, CRPA, and the GOA.

leelaw
10-21-2007, 3:37 PM
Please remember to keep it civil. I don't care how new or tenured a poster on Calguns you are - the COC applies to everyone.

metalhead357
10-21-2007, 3:44 PM
Well Bill.

The JPFO doooooo make some pretty keen posters:p but that's about as far as I'm willing to venture.......

oaklander
10-21-2007, 7:22 PM
Something about raising a right hand, perhaps?