PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Israli manufactured Orolite 30 round Pre-Ban Mag kits in LA

AJAX22
10-19-2007, 10:30 AM
I decided to part with some of my personal preban mag collection to free up space and funds so here they are.

Up for sale are a bunch of Israeli Orolite Magazine repair kits. Most (if not all) of these are the good ones with the metal mesh imbedded in the feed lips to prevent wear and cracking. I actually didn't see any of the other type, but I didn't look at each individual mag as I disassembled them so I cant say there absolutely wont be any non reinforced ones.

THESE ARE FOR REPAIRING LEGALLY OWNED PRE BAN MAGAZINES ONLY, (or rebuilding crummy LEGALLY OWNED PREBAN mags that you had before 2000 into cool black orolites)

These are 15$ per kit FTF + 2.50 handselect (I'll go through and make sure they are nicest and prettiest instead of just grabbing them off the pile) *EDIT* I'm suspending the handselect while I make sure all the current orders get filled. there are still mags available, but if they all are about the same, I wouldn't feel right charging a markup.

Shipping is an additional 2.50 per mag but if you are buying 5 or more I can discount the shipping considerably.

I have already gone through and made sure that the kits do not have cracked boddies or damaged components (a few did and I pulled them aside to use as spare parts)

These kits are disassembled Military surplus mags, so condition varies from like brand new to obviously carried and used. Any that are obviously defective have been culled out. They will have scuffs and scrapes on them just from kicking around in a big box, some have hebrew letters and soldiers names/custom paint and designs on them which are kinda cool.

*edit* I just wanted to add that SOME of the non-handselect mags may have a tiney hairline crack on the back right tip of the feedlip. This is a common thing with orlite mags that have the metal mesh reinforcing and does not effect function, the metal mesh that is imbedded keeps the crack from being anything but a cosmetic blemish, if it bugs you a pin sized drop of superglue will make it dissapear forever. Its almost impossible to get a photo of these dang things but I don't want anyone to be dissapointed, They are structurally sound and in good shape.... I added a pic (its fuzzy because my camera sucks but you can see the little crack at the back of the right feedlip)... All the cracks are the same size and in the same location and are puerly cosmetic.

I will be available for FTF purchasing this saturday and POSSIBLY sunday, so PM me for availability.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/DCP_0338.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/DCP_0327.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/DCP_0331.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/DCP_0330.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/DCP_0328.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/DCP_0348.jpg

AJAX22
10-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Here's a slightly more chaotic arangement of the mag boddies... (that photo of stacked mags didn't really show them off very well)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/DCP_0332.jpg

DRM6000
10-19-2007, 10:47 AM
where are you located? i may be interesed in five. these bodies use standard floor plates right?

AJAX22
10-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm located In West LA near culver city, these bodies use a Orolite specific floor plate (included in the kit) I'll take some close up pics to make sure that people know what they are getting.

DRM6000
10-19-2007, 10:52 AM
so the only interchangeble parts (with standard mags) are the spring and follower?

AJAX22
10-19-2007, 11:00 AM
so the only interchangeble parts (with standard mags) are the spring and follower?

correct. The orolite boddies are sought after because they are designed for high functionality even in adverse conditions (they work in well even in desert sand) The ones with the metal mesh imbedded feedlips are particularly desierable.

Honestly I think these mags are what our soldiers SHOULD be using in Iraq.

here is a pic of a handfull of baseplates

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/DCP_0337.jpg

Citadelgrad87
10-19-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm running out the door to a work function this weekend, but I would like 3 hand selects (and MAN am I glad I tossed those exploded orlites into my range bag and into the trash.) Obviously mine were the ones without the mesh, because they opened up like sardine cans at the feed lip seam.

I can get you funds out on Monday, if a check is OK with you, a 2 week wait til funds clear is OK with me.

If there is a buying frenzy between now and then, do what you have to do, but I will commit to three hand selects and whatever shipping comes to. Alternatively, I am in OC and get to La at least once a month.

Thanks for helping out fellow Kali citizens with this, BTW.

AJAX22
10-19-2007, 6:44 PM
If there is a buying frenzy between now and then, do what you have to do, but I will commit to three hand selects and whatever shipping comes to. Alternatively, I am in OC and get to La at least once a month.

Thanks for helping out fellow Kali citizens with this, BTW.

There has been a bit of a frenzy, but I've got a spreadsheet made up so I can keep it all organized. As of right now there are still enough to go around as most orders have been small.

DRM6000
10-19-2007, 8:29 PM
do you have any plans to offer any other kinds of kits?

AJAX22
10-19-2007, 9:01 PM
do you have any plans to offer any other kinds of kits?

Probably not, I'm a bit of a packrat with mags and mag parts, I'm only selling these because I have more USGI AR15 mags than I can use and didn't realise untill recently that these were AR15 mags also (I know it sounds silly but I hadn't looked at them in almost a decade)

I have a few more crates to open up (I'm making a point of taking inventory to try and figure out what types of guns I should be buying) but I wouldn't get my hopes up, chances are this is a one time thing.

AJAX22
10-19-2007, 9:20 PM
I'm Not offering the Handselect anymore unless you want me to go just on overall condition and wear (I can't guarantee the boddies I have left will not have the little cosmetic crack on the back right lip).

According to my spreadsheet I still have a few mag kits unclaimed... alot hinges on wether or not one of the orders is serious about going through with his purchase (its a BIG order) but I guess I'll know more sometime next week.

50 Freak
10-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Orlite mags are awesome, wish I picked up more then they were $6 bucks 10 years ago...

ar15barrels
10-20-2007, 11:43 PM
correct. The orolite boddies are sought after because they are designed for high functionality even in adverse conditions (they work in well even in desert sand)

Gimme a break... :rolleyes:

Honestly I think these mags are what our soldiers SHOULD be using in Iraq.

You don't have any Pmags do you. ;)
I'll show you how a really nice plastic mag is made when you come over.
I have Orlites, Thermolds and lots of USGI mags from back-in-the-day.
I only use the USGI's and the Pmags now.

AJAX22
10-21-2007, 7:55 AM
Obviously I do prefer my USGI's, colts and airforce contract 20 rounders to the orlites which is why I'm selling the orlites and keeping the colts ;)

However I do think the orlites work better than the colts when you've got a bunch of sand in them. A few of these mags were caked in Fine silt type sand inside and out and being curious I loaded them up and cycled all the way through without jamming. So thats what I'm basing my opinions on. True its ancedotal evidence and it doesnt really prove anything, but I have had Jams related to dirt in my USGI mags.

I dont have extensive experiance with thermolds and Pmags... I think I might have a few of them somewhere, I know I had a few thermolds that were cracked that I rebuilt but I dont recall ever using them.

Anyway, I still think these are a better choice for playing around in dirt than the gov contract mags, Perhapse not as good as thermold or Pmag, but I confess i also am biased because they're israli military surpluss and frankly I just think thats neat.

I do want to look at those P mags and thermolds when i come over... that way I can keep my eyes peeled when I'm sorting through my other mags.

AJAX22
10-30-2007, 7:39 AM
I still have some left. They've been picked over a bit, but whats left are functional parts which may have cosmetic flaws.

I'm lowering the price on whats left to 12.50 per kit (because I don't feel right charging full price on mags that have been picked through) + 2.50 each shipping,

If you buy 5 or more I'll discount shipping, If you order 10 I'll throw in an extra two kits with damaged boddies that you can canibalize for the good internals.

Limited quantities available, first come first serve.

**Edit... oh and I did go see Randalls P-Mags... he was correct, P-Mags are freakin incredible... might even be nicer than my USGI's... I may rebuild some of my leftover mags as PMags in the near future... I just don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of bringing mags of a type that didn't exist before the ban out to the range and having to explain the law to everyone that bugs me about them, but its something to think about. Anyway, I just wanted to concede that he was correct**

AJAX22
10-31-2007, 3:12 PM
bump, still some available.

AJAX22
11-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I still have a few kits unclaimed as of right now.

aditionally some people have expressed an interest in kits which have been damaged through storage etc. over the years that they can canibalize for internal parts etc. Yes I do have a few of these (about 20 kits all told) that are not in good enough shape to sell for repair kits, but still have good internals.
If you would like the rebuild kits taken from the dissasembled functional mags the previous price of 12.50 + 2.50 shipping applies. (same discounts on shipping for quantities etc.)

if you would like some of the kits from mags with damaged boddies, you can have them for 6.50 + 2.50 shipping each. shipping discounts available on orders 5 or more.

duenor
11-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Ill take 2 kits, whether good condition or poor condition (whathever is available).

thanks!
kev
manwah(at)gmail(dott)com

AJAX22
11-03-2007, 6:23 PM
Ill take 2 kits, whether good condition or poor condition (whathever is available).

thanks!
kev
manwah(at)gmail(dott)com

I'll get em ready for you.

Still have a few.

billyjoblack
11-03-2007, 6:56 PM
pm sent

brassburnz
11-04-2007, 10:58 PM
I"ll take two of the kits.

Randy
NRA Life Member

philthy209
11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
how much for the sega nomad on the shelf? those things are sweet.

AJAX22
11-05-2007, 7:26 PM
Its not a nomad actually (I wish it was, I never got to finish true lies) its an original game gear. the speaker stopped working but the headphones still do.

I hand't thought about selling it, I was just going to get some of the games I never finished and live out my Jr. highschool dream.

As long as I'm bumping this thread I might as well keep this buisnesslike.

Still have some kits left, both functional and broken but they are getting thinned out considerably.

AJAX22
12-06-2007, 8:17 AM
As of now all kits are offered as having broken/damaged boddies, some are easily reparable, some are not, its just luck of the draw. 6.50 each + 2.50 shipping per kit.

I can combine shipping for orders 4 and up.

This is the last of them.

AJAX22
12-27-2007, 9:12 PM
Still have a decent number of these, all internal parts are in good shape, the mag boddies just do not meet my standards for being called functional (some have only light damage and still feed perfectly, others require signifcant repairs or can just be canabalized for spare parts)

I may be able to do partial trade on these, I'm looking for a mosin nagant synthetic montecarlo stock (the one made by ATI) and a bent bolt assembly, as well as an AK bolt buffer, AK G2 fire control groups and retaining plates, and an AK bullet button.

AJAX22
12-31-2007, 9:51 AM
I'm Back in town, all PM's replied to.

AJAX22
01-02-2008, 4:30 PM
All kits paid for via paypal shipped today.

I still have some of these left.

AJAX22
01-04-2008, 5:15 PM
Apparently my paypal account is only setup to take payment from bank account transfers or from paypal account balance's. It doesn't work for credit card payments (it was working but apparently I exceeded my maximum number and I need to upgrade the account or something)

Anyway, I still have a few kits available.

big03on38
01-04-2008, 6:34 PM
i'll take a few, anyway i can get a few good ones? how much for say 4 kits? please PM me, carlos

hawk81
01-04-2008, 8:44 PM
I would buy P-mag replacement kits from 44mag.com. They are $14.95 and they contain all the magazine parts(mag body, floor plate, follower and spring). They are way better than oralites.

AJAX22
01-05-2008, 9:22 AM
I would buy P-mag replacement kits from 44mag.com. They are $14.95 and they contain all the magazine parts(mag body, floor plate, follower and spring). They are way better than oralites.

Yes P mags are way better than orolites (I didn't always feel that way, but I've been convinced) in the last decade we've come a long way in plastics technology, the P mags are just incredible.

The problem is that P-Mags were not in production prior to 2000.

I've rebuilt several orlite mags into P-Mags and kept the damaged mag boddies as proof of ownership of pre 2000 mags incase I got hassled about it.

This is a cheap way to get preban internal replacement parts for the mags you already owned incase you don't want to deal with the hassle involved with modern post ban replacement mag parts.

dondo
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Way to crap on a sale thread. Next time just sh** in a bag and leave it on his doorstep.

AJAX22
01-11-2008, 1:54 PM
I have roughly a dozen of these kits left unclaimed at this point, as well as three that qualify as perfectly functional but not pretty.

The damaged/blemished kits are 6.50 +2.50 shipping each (max of 10$ shipping per order)

the nicer kits (functional but not pretty) are 13.00 each + 2.50 shipping

This is the last of them (unless the kits that are reserved don't get claimed)

Thanks

AJAX22
01-14-2008, 7:40 PM
Still available.

Heatseeker
01-14-2008, 8:12 PM
PM sent.

AJAX22
01-16-2008, 9:58 AM
Down to 1 functional but not prety kit and roughly a dozen ones that need repair.