PDA

View Full Version : AIRSOFT QUESTION!!!!

gordoe
10-18-2007, 8:32 PM
I KNOW THIS ISN'T A AIRSOFT BOARD!!! BUT I THINK THE AK-47 IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FIREARM EVER MADE, I FOUND A $20.00 AIRSOFT AK UNDERFOLDER (YUP! THATS RIGHT! ALL THE EVIL FEATURES!) IT HAS THAT ANNOYING ORANGE TIP! IF YOU COLOR THE ORANGE TIP BLACK DO YOU GET INTO ANY TROUBLE, BECAUSE I HEARD THAT YOU CAN GET IN TROUBLE FOR THAT BECAUSE IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE A REAL WEAPON, BUT THAT WAS A WHILE AGO. I JUST WANT IT TO HANG ON MY WALL AND TO SHOOT WITH MY LITTLE NEPHEWS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME WITH THAT QUESTION. THE MODERATOR CAN DELETE THIS TOPIC AFTER IT HAS BEEN ANSWERED. THANKS FOR THE HELP.
-GERARDO

grywlfbg
10-18-2007, 9:09 PM
It is definitely illegal to paint the tip black (search for "orange tip" or "toy gun" or some such - it's been discussed here). My GUESS (I am not a lawyer) is that if you disabled it such that it could not fire it would then become "art" and you could hang it on the wall.

moulton
10-18-2007, 9:14 PM
how about we delete this thread and ban you :rolleyes:. there are airsoft forums for this crap, this forum is for real firearms.

WhiteGT
10-18-2007, 9:25 PM
how about we delete this thread and ban you :rolleyes:. there are airsoft forums for this crap, this forum is for real firearms.

While not structured very well, it was a legitimate question. Dont be a *****.

It is a misdemeanor to remove the orange tip. To my knowledge, no one has ever been "busted" for just having no orange tip. The only people who get in trouble with airsoft guns(orange tip or not), are the idiots who play with or bring them into public view. If its in your house or backyard, dont worry about it. Oh yeah, and transport it and treat it like a real gun. You can put an eye out.:D

capitol
10-18-2007, 9:39 PM

I agree :yes:

SchooBaka
10-18-2007, 9:45 PM
While not structured very well, it was a legitimate question. Dont be a *****.

It is a misdemeanor to remove the orange tip. To my knowledge, no one has ever been "busted" for just having no orange tip. The only people who get in trouble with airsoft guns(orange tip or not), are the idiots who play with or bring them into public view. If its in your house or backyard, dont worry about it. Oh yeah, and transport it and treat it like a real gun. You can put an eye out.:D

Absolutely agree with you.
Don't do anything stupid and you should be fine.

gordoe
10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
grywlfbg, whitegt, and skoobaka thanks for the honest answers, i appreciate it. and you know what finger to the *****s

internet_user
10-18-2007, 11:08 PM
at $20 it must be high quality

moulton
10-18-2007, 11:44 PM
at $20 it must be high quality

:iagree::rofl:

Mssr. Eleganté
10-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Isn't there some kind of "paintball marker" exemption to the orange tip requirement? A paintball guy told me that since airsoft guns can fire tiny paintballs as well as the little yellow b.b.'s. they are not legally "toy guns", but rather "paintball markers".

I never checked up on the actual law because I don't really care about paintball or airsoft. :p

RideIcon
10-19-2007, 2:24 AM
if you disable it, a $20 gun isn't going to be able to be felt when shot!, it could be a replica and left on a shelf.
I've got nearly as much money in one of my airsoft M4's as it would cost to build a pretty cool ar-15, lol. but my gun shoots full auto with a 300 round clip that looks like a 30 round clip and shoots around 500fps, which explodes beer bottles, and even vodka bottles I found out, it tears shirts and leaves permanent welts! I mean they cear up after like 6 months, but I've still got, just checked, this scar on my leg the day I assembled it I let my buddy shot me with it cuz he didn't want to get hit by it, knowing what all I had in it...
that was over 2 years ago....:83:

Oh and who can say they've trimmed limbs out of tree's with their airsoft gun? HAHAHAHA