PDA

View Full Version : Felons with Antiques or Air Gun?

nhanson
10-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Just a tickler for the folks here on Cal-Guns....

I've gotten on an antique track lately (get to pick up my Marlin 1895 45-70 today , not an antique but; an antique cartridge) and a couple of other are on the the way true no FFL purchases.

My thoughts and what I've been able to find suggest that "Antique Firearms" are specifically excluded from the "Firearm" definitions and as such felons could legally poses them.

Also looked into some of the large caliber (.45 and .50) air guns. Pretty potent at 100 yards or less with 2 to 5 shots on a single air charge!

My questions I can not clearly answer from looking through CA law are:

1) can felons/folks with restraining orders really buy "antiques" (black powder cap and ball) and legally own them since they are not within the "Firearms" definition used in the regulatory laws?
2) the same with air rifles/pistols (don't use an explosive to propel the projectile)?

If they can, these potentially are as life threatening as modern firearms!
Something to think about!

Enjoy

pullnshoot25
10-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Maybe to A
Totally on B

DutchXpatriot
10-18-2007, 8:27 PM
Felons cannot possess any firearm whether it be modern or antique simply because it was manufactured prior to 1899 per GCA68. Its still a deadly weapon as far as the state is concerned. This goes for cap & ball firearms as well. They can't possess.

Dutch

RideIcon
10-19-2007, 2:36 AM
Air Riffles are NOT firearms under law =)
You can ask the judge right their in the court room.
you can have airsoft replicas, paintball, and AIR RIFFLES!!

the antique thing tho, if it has combustion, its a no no

socalguns
10-19-2007, 4:30 AM
Felons are advised to ask their parole officer :p