PDA

View Full Version : microstamping killer: DIY brass catcher

paradox
10-18-2007, 5:46 AM
How long before all the ghetto gats start sporting something like this?

http://www.steyrclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3913

http://i18.tinypic.com/4ypgd51.jpg

Miltiades
10-18-2007, 6:51 AM
That is fine when you hold the gun normally, with sights on top of the gun. But when I hold my Glock sideways to shoot it gangster style, won't that brass catcher bag get caught in the trigger?

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/images/nyte-sytes.jpg

paradox
10-18-2007, 7:15 AM
That is fine when you hold the gun normally, with sights on top of the gun. But when I hold my Glock sideways to shoot it gangster style, won't that brass catcher bag get caught in the trigger?

U just have to shoot left handed, yo!

UR lovin' hand needs ta be free to grab UR balls and hold UR pants...

Kruzr
10-18-2007, 8:22 AM
It would be easier for them to just pick up brass at a range to throw around the crime scene or continute to buy guns that were on the approved list before 2010. :)

XDshooter
10-18-2007, 8:54 AM
You know the biggest BS that I see on all the presentations on microstamping is when they say.

"Many times we only recover shell casings and there is NO other evidence"

BS, If someone is shot or dead, there is a bullet.

MotoGuy
10-18-2007, 9:30 AM
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/164401_thumb.jpg

This seems like a better solution.

Guns R Tools
10-18-2007, 9:32 AM
Crooks are gonna bring in Mateba revolver to do their deeds. :D

M. D. Van Norman
10-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Criminals will just continue to use stolen and “illegally” transferred guns.

EKIM
10-18-2007, 8:12 PM

:rofl2:

slick_711
10-18-2007, 8:20 PM
You know the biggest BS that I see on all the presentations on microstamping is when they say.

"Many times we only recover shell casings and there is NO other evidence"

BS, If someone is shot or dead, there is a bullet.

That is BS indeed. But it's also BS that a bullet is useful as evidence. The bullet is only useful in linking the crime weapon to the crime, not in helping find the crime weapon. Furthermore, the majority of the time, the recovered bullets are too deformed to match anything to anything.

RRangel
10-18-2007, 8:27 PM
It's wrong not because of the dumb reasons. It's wrong because whatever the bad guys do with guns is not a justification for removing our rights. There is no good reason.

cho034442
10-19-2007, 9:16 AM
Not to metion the added cost to the ammo that I will be paying. If the method works, I don't mind paying. I should start reloading the ammos.

Phugedaboudet
10-19-2007, 12:46 PM
but i really want a Mateba-anyone know where I could get one in 357 for around 1K out the door in CA? :)

Crooks are gonna bring in Mateba revolver to do their deeds. :D

RideIcon
10-19-2007, 1:16 PM
How long until they are going to make it a felony to be caught with a brass catcher after this bill go into effect in 2010? im guessing less than 1 year!

thefinger
10-19-2007, 1:41 PM
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/164401_thumb.jpg

This seems like a better solution.

That is what goes through my mind EVERY TIME I watch a tv show where there are shell casings at the murder scene.

jandmtv
10-19-2007, 1:59 PM
whats next, the govt passing a bill thats going to make all the gun manufacturers redesign revolvers to spit out the shells? maybe in 2011 we can look forward to that bill.

lawnrevenge
10-19-2007, 2:06 PM
Muzzle loader :43:

Just have two or three loaded up before the drive by:rolleyes:

Someone needs to make a replacement firing pin that microstamps "molon labe" on each casing. Hell I'd install those on pre-microstamp guns.

Gryff
10-19-2007, 2:35 PM
Muzzle loader
A friend of mine is SFPD SWAT. They were looking for a shooter the other day who popped another gun in the neck with what was described as a "Pirates of the Carribbean" gun. When they found the guy, he had an honest-to-God .50 caliber flintlock pistol that was loaded and ready to go.

He also says that some of the gang bangers have already moved to revolvers because they don't leave brass lying around.

-Jim

lawnrevenge
10-19-2007, 2:58 PM
A friend of mine is SFPD SWAT. They were looking for a shooter the other day who popped another gun in the neck with what was described as a "Pirates of the Carribbean" gun.

Only in San Francisco.
"Arrrr!!!! I'd of shot that mofo for dissin me, yo, but my gatt be trippin it was a flash in the pan. I was al like Daom! and when I wents to recock it that cracker took off."
Imagine the sail-by shootings!

triggerhappy
10-19-2007, 3:40 PM

LOL!!! Damn, you are funny, man.

niceguy
10-19-2007, 3:42 PM

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

7.62 FMJ
10-19-2007, 6:45 PM
I wish cali-fornia would break off and sink so we all can swim back to the United States.

Gryff
10-19-2007, 8:42 PM
I wish cali-fornia would break off and sink so we all can swim back to the United States.
The hell with that. I say we sell Feinstein and Boxer to Massachussetts.

-Jim

N6ATF
10-19-2007, 11:44 PM
A friend of mine is SFPD SWAT. They were looking for a shooter the other day who popped another gun in the neck with what was described as a "Pirates of the Carribbean" gun. When they found the guy, he had an honest-to-God .50 caliber flintlock pistol that was loaded and ready to go.

popped another gun in the neck

ouch

I guess that mean ninjas (swat) win then?

RideIcon
10-20-2007, 12:26 AM
The hell with that. I say we sell Feinstein and Boxer to Massachussetts.

;)

ouch

I guess that mean ninjas (swat) win then?

:jump:

KenpoProfessor
10-20-2007, 3:47 AM

Yea, but you would be just another WETBACK here in my part of the country :rofl2::rofl2::boat::smilielol5: Dude, you totally set that one up for me, I had to take the slam

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

lawnrevenge
10-20-2007, 7:04 AM
If california ever broke off and fell into the sea I bet Arizona and nevada would continue the border fence north along the shore.

RideIcon
10-20-2007, 9:39 AM
If california ever broke off and fell into the sea I bet Arizona and nevada would continue the border fence north along the shore.

Thats already law, once the brake is made, No california's shalt pass

jerryg1776
10-20-2007, 10:11 AM
whats next, the govt passing a bill thats going to make all the gun manufacturers redesign revolvers to spit out the shells? maybe in 2011 we can look forward to that bill.

They will just pass a law that says if you use a revolver you have to dump your brass at the scene or its an additional felony rider with a minimum 10 year sentence. Use a gun and not leave your brass.. extra mandatory time for the crime.!!!

The antis will think that that will deter criminals too.

MedSpec65
10-20-2007, 10:23 AM
That is BS indeed. But it's also BS that a bullet is useful as evidence. The bullet is only useful in linking the crime weapon to the crime, not in helping find the crime weapon. Furthermore, the majority of the time, the recovered bullets are too deformed to match anything to anything.Especially fast movers like .380's, .32's and .22's. That's why hit men use them. Un-traceable. Period. The Office of Administrative Law won't be able to certify this legislation for years. Hoffmang is right. Micro-Stamping is falling from my worry list further every day.

56Chevy
10-20-2007, 2:44 PM
They will just pass a law that says if you use a revolver you have to dump your brass at the scene or its an additional felony rider with a minimum 10 year sentence. Use a gun and not leave your brass.. extra mandatory time for the crime.!!!

The antis will think that that will deter criminals too.
If the criminal dumps the brass will they also get him for littering? Maybe the idea of the law is to get people be good citizens and pick up their brass. Instead of "give a hoot, don't pollute" their slogan can be "don't pollute, pick up after you shoot."