PDA

View Full Version : West End Glun Club

PistolPete75
10-17-2007, 8:38 PM
I am interested in shooting at this range. Any information would be great. Can you just pay to shoot per each day there? Public or private range? How long are the rifle ranges? Etc.

Prc329
10-17-2007, 8:46 PM
Talk to Randall. He attends matches there frequently.

ocabj
10-17-2007, 8:48 PM
There is no longer public access to the main range. They have limited membership which allows use of the main range on weekends. This is $50 annual.

A couple friends of mine who regularly shoot at IFG got full memberships at WEGC recently, and were told that WEGC may eliminate the limited membership status since they're also thinking about capping the number of members.

I never shot on the main range. I've only used the back range which is only open to members or to guests during matches only.

The main range goes to 100 yards for paper and IIRC there are some steel targets on the hill side at 200 yards. It's a covered range, but the number of benches is low (around 15).

The back range has firing lines at 200 yards, 300 yards, and 600 yards (565~ actual). There are 8 fully functional target points for the back range.

There are several target bays in the back range where are mainly used for pistol shooting. There's a smaller rimfire range below the 600 yard firing line. Obviously, the bays can't be used while there are shooters on the 600 yard firing line since those shooters will be shooting over the bays.

Again, the back range/bays are only for use by full members (or guests with members) or by guests during a match.

There's supposed to be a High Power match this Sunday if you want to check out the back range firing points in action. Guzman (WEGC HP Match Director) hasn't sent out an email for this month's WEGC HP match, but it usually starts at around 0730 and we don't get to the long line until around noon. Hopefully it's still on since I want to verify a few things on my rifle at the 300 and 600 firing lines before the Creedmoor Cup next week in Phoenix.

davedog665
10-17-2007, 8:49 PM
randall will tell you more but heres a start

http://www.wegc.org/
the cowboy guy looks like they guy in your avatar

i've shot up there a couple times really nice place.

PistolPete75
10-17-2007, 8:55 PM
cool, i just wanted to check the place out. their monthly matches are on sunday morning which i can't go to, but it would be nice to check that place out.

rksimple
10-17-2007, 9:06 PM
cool, i just wanted to check the place out. their monthly matches are on sunday morning which i can't go to, but it would be nice to check that place out.

I'm with you. The matches look cool, but Sunday mornings are a no go for me.