PDA

View Full Version : Aim Surplus OLLs "NOT FOR SALE IN CA"

dawson8r
10-17-2007, 8:03 PM
Just got a mini catalog from Aim Surplus. On page 3 it lists the Superior Arms S-15, Double Star Star-15, and Stag Arms Stag-15 stripped receivers. Each image has small red text that reads "NOT FOR SALE IN CA".

Good thing we can get these from other suppliers (thanks CWS!)

Creeping Incrementalism
10-17-2007, 8:17 PM
I was just thinking: all this Cali-phobia among mail order retailers is getting to be a problem, or at least more noticeable to me personally. I feel that maybe the NRA should start a sort of gun industry awareness program for what is actually legal in CA and what's not. An authoritative source that all the legal weenies working for the various companies could refer to when in doubt, instead of the CYA "no California" restrictions.

joe4702
10-17-2007, 9:57 PM
I'm concerned that in 2010, mail order places will stop selling gun parts into CA just due to fear/misinformation about the microstamping laws.

hoffmang
10-17-2007, 10:26 PM
But the good news on that front is that the market is causing specialized retailers to set up and the California market is large enough to support them and still keep prices in line. That specialization may mean more and more CA specific products that exploit the silliness of our laws. In the end we may get more and better service while cutting into the business of those too short sighted to help us here because its good long term business.

-Gene

bwiese
10-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Yes, in a way it's really helping quality and service.

A quality intermediating FFL like Hector or Chris, etc. who understands ins & outs can really shine because they have enough volume to do a good business, charge fair prices, and get volume discounts that can make up for their own markup.

thefinger
10-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Yes, in a way it's really helping quality and service.

A quality intermediating FFL like Hector or Chris, etc. who understands ins & outs can really shine because they have enough volume to do a good business, charge fair prices, and get volume discounts that can make up for their own markup.

Gene and you make very good points--I agree. Also, I get an odd satisfaction from buying from dealers like Chris, who have made a real effort to be friends to calgunners and have actually become loved friends in the calguns community. When I give my money to Chris or Wes I don't cringe, it feels alright (relatively:p).

And as far as local FFL's willing to transfer or sell OLL stuff, I'm WAY happier with the calgunner FFL's and their prices than the regular gun shop FFL's who don't feel bad charging you an arm and a leg for a transfer. So I don't feel bad that I can't buy an OLL at my local shop--screw em!:D