View Full Version : Smith & Wesson Model 43 22LR

10-17-2007, 7:24 AM
Anyone care to comment on this gun. S&W Model 43 w/Airlight frame made in the mid sixties. 3 1/2" barrel. Its in good condition with some holster wear on the end of the barrel and some wear on the checkered handles. This gun is owned by my Father in Law who wants me to buy it. Granted I know nothing of revolvers or S&W's so I have no clue what to give him for it. A friend gave me a price from the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wessons but not really sure that is accurate.

Any comments? Should I buy it? How much? Anything about this particular model I should look for?

c good
10-17-2007, 7:34 AM
That's a nice little .22 Revolver. Built on the small "J" frame. Previously known as the model 1955 .22/32 Kit Gun. With original diamond insert grips and in good mechanical condition as described, between $400-$475 would be fair price. They're not making them anymore and they are hard to find in California, BUY IT! HTH c good

10-17-2007, 8:35 AM
If you decide not to take it and he still wants to sell it, I'd post it here - there are plenty of S&W Collectors here (me included) that would be interested in it.