PDA

View Full Version : recommendations for metal targets

code6charles
10-16-2007, 11:59 PM
need some recommendations for metal targets... my buddies and I will be shooting the targets with mostly 9mm-45mm rounds at burro canyon. if any one has good experiences with some metal targets please advise of brand names and if possible attach some web sites or a web address. i was considering buying an all traps target but the reviews did not convince me because they say the weld breaks and falls apart. thanks for the replies.....:) I posted the thread on Shots meet the range stories, but no one has replied...:confused:

pepsi2451
10-17-2007, 10:43 AM
my buddies and I will be shooting the targets with mostly 9mm-45mm rounds at burro canyon.

Holy crap 45mm!?! I don't know what would stand up to that.

BaronW
10-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Burro canyon doesn't allow metal targets.

redrover
10-17-2007, 12:15 PM
They don't allow metal targets due to ricochets.

here's a website for targets http://www.letargets.com/html/steel2.html

U2BassAce
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I think they do if you rent a private range. At least everytime I have been there someone or most were shooting metal targets at the private ranges.

stangman86gt
10-17-2007, 2:03 PM
http://www.lvsteeltargets.com/main.htm this is wear i got mine from. It can take a beating. I've hit the base(not the actual target) a few times with 7.5swiss ammo, and it only dents it alittle.

We were shooting it with 44mag from about 25yards away, and surprise, nothing happened to the steel.

mike

randy
10-17-2007, 2:10 PM
www.mgmtargets.com www.randracingonline.com

MGM has some great resetting targets. It speeds up practice if you don't have to walk down range and set them up everytime you shoot. They work for rifle too, just increase the distance.

Scotto
10-17-2007, 3:35 PM
if you can weld just make your own....thats what I did.
I used half inch mild steel and it stood up to everything except the 8mm, which went right through it. I will be making another one with some A607 next time. it was good fun though....

stangman86gt
10-17-2007, 9:57 PM
i suppose you could do that or you could get some of the brinell 500 stuff(whats used in the lv targets) and not have to buy anymore steel. my 8mm mauser doesn't even make a dent in target

code6charles
10-18-2007, 9:38 PM
thanks for the references...:o i will take a look at all my options and see what will work better for my buddies and my self... and by the way burro does alloy steel targets at the private range:2guns::

Gryff
10-19-2007, 3:54 PM
need some recommendations for metal targets
I like Action Target (http://www.actiontarget.com/index_spt.html). Their stuff is REALLY well made (I have their Evil Roy personal practice target).

Additionally, these were the only target guys who stepped up and supported the California IDPA championships the last couple of years.

- Jim

bohoki
10-19-2007, 5:18 PM
steel cans like from chili and fruit coctail with the label peeled off is nice and shiny also obsolete propane bbq tanks they make a good ping

those are my steel targets