PDA

View Full Version : Optometrist with shooting experience in Bay Area?

gose
10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
My previous optometrist was the secretary of our local IPSC club, which was perfect when getting anything shooting-related, but since he is now thousands of miles away, I need to find a new one...

Does anyone know of an optometrist with shooting experience in the SF Bay Area?

edsel6502
10-16-2007, 12:40 PM
+1

I wouldn't mind finding an optometrist that has shooting exp as well. My soon to be ex-optometrist gave me stink-eye when I asked him about eyewear for shooters.

snaggletooth
10-21-2007, 9:29 PM
Look up Davis Rubin, he should be in the Palo Alto area

wilit
10-23-2007, 12:47 AM
My buddy at work says his dentist is an avid .50bmg shooter. He's in the Danville area. I'll get his name tomorrow at work.

caldude
10-31-2007, 1:31 PM
Although I haven't gotten shooting glasses from them, my wife is going in for a fitting (to determine focal length for pistol shooting). Apparently they have done this quite a few times.

gose
10-31-2007, 2:08 PM
I have an appointment set up for next week with Optometry@eyecareeyewear.com in Redwood Shores to fit a pair of Rudy Project Direct-in-frame prescription lenses.

I'll share my experiences next week :)

gose
11-08-2007, 3:37 PM
Just got back from my exam and I'm very satisfied.

Not only did the guy not cringe when I mentioned that I needed glasses for shooting (which is impressive since he was English ;)), but he started asking question like if they were for competition or hunting, and what types of guns I shot etc etc. and gave his (the optometrist's) view on what was better in terms of prescriptions for the various scenarios. Very much sounded like I wasn't the first shooter he had worked with.

He's definitely my primary optometrist moving forward.

Highly recommended :D

edsel6502
11-08-2007, 3:53 PM
Thanks gose. I'll check him out.

brassburnz
11-08-2007, 7:48 PM
Dr. Norman Wong is a frequent contributor to the Bullseye list.

http://www.lava.net/~perrone/bullseye/

Randy
NRA Life Member

wheelgunner
11-08-2007, 9:48 PM
Dr. Norman Wong is a frequent contributor to the Bullseye list.

Do you have contact information?