PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster carbon 15 question?

cresci_2000
10-16-2007, 9:06 AM
How hard is it to cut the weld from the lower and instal a bullet button so that the gun would still be legal in CA? Im trying to save money and time in not having to buy a new lower and register it.

cresci_2000
10-16-2007, 9:18 AM
I was told by the owner of lanworldinc that if I wanted to get a new lower I had to register it as a new gun. I was trying to avoid paying the registration for another gun. As far as to weld, what I was trying to say was that the carbon 15 is sealed at the bottom and I wanted to open the bottom up so that i could lock a mag in there with a bullet button like the STAG AR-15s. So is it possible and should i do it?

BONECUTTER
10-16-2007, 9:25 AM
Sounds like a lot of work. And a chance you could biff it to where it might not work again.

I would just buy a OLL and you don't have to register it...just DROS the new lower and wait 10 days.....not big deal.

Corbin Dallas
10-16-2007, 9:57 AM
That's what he's talking about. The OP does not want to register another weapon (lower).

You could dremel out the bottom, but IMO it's not worth the effort. Buy an OLL and wait the 10 days.

cresci_2000
10-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Where is the best and cheapest place to buy an OLL?

cresci_2000
10-16-2007, 10:28 AM
How much do you think i could get for my bushmaster carbon 15. Its only been fired one time and one 40 rounds. It looks new and i have all the papers on it and case. What should i be asking?

aplinker
10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
How much do you think i could get for my bushmaster carbon 15. Its only been fired one time and one 40 rounds. It looks new and i have all the papers on it and case. What should i be asking?

You're not going to like my answer. I'd say maybe $700-750, tops. Around here they just don't sell well. You could maybe find someone at a range willing to pay more...

Not too long ago Wes at Ten Percent Firearms was offering exchanges of OLLs for sealed mag lowers. Drop him a a message, it might still work. Some people like them for certain applications/reasons.

We can't suggest a where without you telling us where you are. You're looking at $150-250 for a OLL + DROS. We will encourage you to support the dealers who support our forum.

Josh3239
10-16-2007, 2:57 PM
Why not just take a dremel to it? That's what I did.

Here is an outdated pic, I have made lots of changes but this is what a Carbon 15 with a bullet button looks like. I love it, its extremely light weight and runs perfect: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/airsoft76/Cali-Legal%20Rifles/?action=view&current=ar15nicee.jpg

drawn
10-16-2007, 8:56 PM
Why not just take a dremel to it? That's what I did.

Here is an outdated pic, I have made lots of changes but this is what a Carbon 15 with a bullet button looks like. I love it, its extremely light weight and runs perfect: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/airsoft76/Cali-Legal%20Rifles/?action=view&current=ar15nicee.jpg

Did your brass deflector held on by a small set screw fly off yet?

Josh3239
10-16-2007, 9:26 PM
Nope not at all. I also never heard of that happening. Over 1,000 rounds threw it and I have only had one problem/malfunction and it was because I was using crappy ammo which I am never using again.

AJAX22
10-17-2007, 9:49 AM
modifying a bushmaster carbon15 is really easy, (Before I knew about OLL's I looked into getting one in case SHTF because of how easy it would be to quickly convert), it only takes cutting the bottom out of the mag well, and removing the pop rivet that holds the mag in place. It shouldn't take you more than about 30 min to do it with a dremmel nicely.

ar15barrels
10-17-2007, 7:45 PM
I also vote for modifying the lower you have now.
Black Rifle Disease will get you no matter what and you WILL end up with more lowers later... :D

tgriffin
10-18-2007, 11:24 AM
yep +1 on dremeling it. I have one that I did and you cant tell the difference between it and a normal lower. I love it. So light weight.