PDA

View Full Version : Need help from the great legal minds

paladin4415
10-15-2007, 3:52 PM
Is there, or does anyone know of a state or federal statute that places a limit on the number of firearms and/or amount of ammunition a private citizen can possess in their own home?

dfletcher
10-15-2007, 4:32 PM
Is there, or does anyone know of a state or federal statute that places a limit on the number of firearms and/or amount of ammunition a private citizen can possess in their own home?
Yes - I believe it's called a "Marriage License". ;)

CSACANNONEER
10-15-2007, 5:16 PM
You are limited to the number of guns that you can buy only by combining the amount of eqiuty you have with the available balace on your credit cards. But, in no way are you limited to owning only so many.

AKman
10-15-2007, 5:36 PM
If you own a few guns and a couple hundred rounds of ammo, you officially qualify as an arsenal according to the media.

I know someone that was arrested when his soon to be ex-wife told the police that he pointed a gun at her (which was not true). They came and rounded up all 50+ guns but left the thousands of rounds of ammo. Since the police suspected they had been duped, they even joked with the guy about not taking his ammo since he would probably have another 1000 rounds reloaded before they got back to the station.

Yes, he did get his guns back a few days later, while his soon to be ex spent some quality time talking to the police.

N6ATF
10-15-2007, 8:18 PM
Wow, a happy ending to a seizure like that.

Good time to let the rookies participate in inventory.

trashman
10-16-2007, 7:17 AM
Yes - I believe it's called a "Marriage License". ;)

rolfmao...

paladin4415
10-17-2007, 5:45 AM
Thanks to all. Anybody else know of anything?

RANGER295
10-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I have been spending some quality time with search and could not find it, but it seems to me that there was a thread about this a year or so ago where someone found that there was a limit to like 750,000 rounds of ammo. I do not remember if that was federal, state, or some figment of my imagination. Does anyone recall this?

swift
10-18-2007, 7:35 PM

Can I stay at your place?
Seriously, I asked a similar question a while back and several people told me that they knew of no such law with respect to firearms or ammunition.

LAK Supply
10-18-2007, 8:44 PM
I have been spending some quality time with search and could not find it, but it seems to me that there was a thread about this a year or so ago where someone found that there was a limit to like 750,000 rounds of ammo. I do not remember if that was federal, state, or some figment of my imagination. Does anyone recall this?

Only 750k? People would laugh about anyone considering that a stockpile up here. That being said, I wish I had 750k rounds laying here right now.....:(