PDA

View Full Version : Cavala's flatulence on the Gov signing 1471 and 821

bg
10-15-2007, 9:36 AM
Well he had to get his licks in while the stink was still fresh..
http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2007/10/hamhanded_pro-g.html
Some 34 G.O.P. lawmakers (out of 46) signed a petition asking Gov. Scharzenegger to fire his Fish and Game Commissioner. Seems like the Commissioner had been acting too much like an advocate for eliminating lead shot – which would subsequently be ingested by California’s endangered condors – a very large vulture-like bird.

The Governor agreed and asked for the Commissioner’s resignation. And a firestorm of protest resulted.

The other members of the Commission closed ranks this week and adopted a new regulation outlawing the lead shot.

The Governor’s press spokesman had put out a press release saying he was not a ‘tool of the NRA’.

To prove it, the Governor signed legislation outlawing the use of lead in the condor’s habitat.

Anticipating this public relations disaster, the N.R.A. had declared it was not behind the petition – although it strongly opposed the lead shot ban.

The real irony is that the NRA was initially an organization that protected hunting by promoting conservation. Now it lobbies for munitions makers at the expense of conservation claiming that “science” doesn’t back the argument that lead poisoning is the leading cause of death in wild Condors. (It is!).

So low was the credibility of the gunners on the ‘lead shot’ issue, it affected their credibility on the issue of requiring new handguns to microstamp an I.D. on bullets.

The Governor signed that bill into law too

Earlier this summer, when the Governor needed only a single Republican vote in the Senate to pass the budget, the pro-gun forces might have gained cache with an assist.

They didn’t.

Instead, they embarrassed the Governor by pressuring him into firing a Commissioner, then forced him to bend over backwards to prove his independence.

Another gun control victory orchestrated by the “gun lobby” through incompetence.
It's our fault...:rolleyes:

RRangel
10-15-2007, 10:46 AM
You have to realize that this person is almost as far left as you can get. Look at his background. Are you kidding me? You may want to leave a feedback response.

jumbopanda
10-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Cavala is nothing more than a obnoxious scumbag; just reading a sentence or two of his ramblings makes my stomach turn.

Wulf
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
The thing that kills me about Cavala is that he puts " A veteran of over 30 years in Sacramento" down after his name.

Like 30 years of sucking off the taxpayers teet is something to recommend the guy. He might as well write "Alienated from reality for over 30 years."

jumbopanda
10-15-2007, 8:36 PM
The thing that kills me about Cavala is that he puts " A veteran of over 30 years in Sacramento" down after his name.

Like 30 years of sucking off the taxpayers teet is something to recommend the guy. He might as well write "Alienated from reality for over 30 years."

+1000000

RRangel
10-16-2007, 5:42 PM
I can't believe it appears that no one else has left pro gun feedback at the article. These turkeys are the ones who support this sham of a victim disarming law. It's the least you can do.