PDA

View Full Version : papers and registering your OLL rifle - what's needed?

popngen
10-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering: I purchased a NDS OLL and intend to build it into a CAL legal, functioning AK.

However, I don't recall reading that I need to do anything else past getting all the paper work that the FFL (and I) did in getting that OLL into my hands.

What kind of paperwork should I have on hand incase I need to prove it's legitimacy--barring the must haves:

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12275.htm
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf
... and SB23 configurations

please bear with me, I don't want to be caught with my pants down if you know what I mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated, be it a link even.

thanks,
pop

Josh3239
10-14-2007, 10:20 AM
You don't need any paperwork. I do however carry around a copy of SB23, the banned receiver list, and the DOJ's definition of a detachable magazine whenever I go shooting.

bwiese
10-14-2007, 10:30 AM
You don't need to register a rifle.

The only rifles requiring registration are assault weapons, which cannot (for now) be registered.
You (I hope!) have *not* built an assault weapon as defined in 12276/12276.1.

Thus your 4473/DROS paperwork is fine and all that is required - you only have a regular semiautomatic rifle, not an AW.

popngen
10-14-2007, 11:12 AM
thank you to both. it is much clearer now... i was getting 'registered assault rifle' all mixed up with my OLL.

Fjold
10-14-2007, 1:14 PM
thank you to both. it is much clearer now... i was getting 'registered assault rifle' all mixed up with my OLL.

You're also getting OLL mixed up with your AK. AK's don't have OLLs.

SemiAutoSam
10-14-2007, 1:22 PM
Any AK receiver that is not on the Kasler list is considered a OLL.

You're also getting OLL mixed up with your AK. AK's don't have OLLs.

Fjold
10-14-2007, 1:36 PM
Any AK receiver that is not on the Kasler list is considered a OLL.

OLL = Off List Lower

Ak = No lower receiver

SemiAutoSam
10-14-2007, 2:25 PM
OK Yes true just OLR = Off list receiver.

OLL = Off List Lower

Ak = No lower receiver

762cavalier
10-14-2007, 2:42 PM
I think that what SAS was getting at is the the term OLL has become a generic meaning for any rifle receiver that is not listed.;) Although you are correct Fjold that technically speaking an AK is not an OLL

popngen
10-15-2007, 1:51 PM
whoah. thanks guys; i've been educated all over again. I mean to say OLR...