PDA

View Full Version : Anyone KNOW about the Bersa Thunder .380?

GlockOn
10-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey Guys,
This may sound funny since I work in a gun shop, but does anyone on here have any experience with the Bersa Thunder .380? I've heard mixed reviews, but everyone I've talked to just tells me what they've HEARD. I would like to hear from anyone who has FIRST HAND experience, meaning, you own one, or at least that you have actually fired one...
A lot of people have offered me opinions based on stating the obvious, such as, "That gun is cheap." Why yes, I know this, I've got it for sale at Ade's for $249. I'm not looking for something to shoot competition with;), just an in-expensive piece to have fun with. Also, I'm just dying to add yet another caliber to my gun show grocery list :) A word of advice to those who have yet to diversify their collection by adding many different calibers, try not to, it's a pain to have to buy 9 different calibers of handgun ammo. Try to pick a few different calibers and stick to those, it is much less of a pain. The price is what's really attractive.... So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Andrew

Bobula
10-14-2007, 12:13 AM
I never should have sold mine, I had a thunder .380 duo tone. It was amazingly accurate and I have 0 ftf/fte's with over 1k rounds.
Hands down an awesome gun for the money.

GlockOn
10-14-2007, 12:23 AM
I never should have sold mine, I had a thunder .380 duo tone. It was amazingly accurate and I have 0 ftf/fte's with over 1k rounds.
Hands down an awesome gun for the money.

Good to know. Thanks for the input!! :)

GlockOn
10-14-2007, 1:01 AM
i do have personal exp.the main thing that the bersa has as a draw back is the grip screws. they loosen after some shooting.you will need to put blue lock tight on them.they are very reliable.more liable than the ppk and for much less.it does have as much if not alittle more recoil than a 9 because the barrel is fixed to the frame.it does have a mag disconnect.i don't recall the round count but the mag dis spring does break. you can however still shoot it upside down. and it is easy to fix.i wish i could figure out how to completly disconnect the mag disconnect.380 ammo is more expensive than 9mm

THANKS!!!

Bobula
10-14-2007, 1:21 AM
I forgot about the grips screws, and those little bersa keys (for the built in lock) are so easy to loose.

vega
10-14-2007, 6:46 AM
I did had one, Super Thunder 380 15 rdr. I sold it to my brother when I moved here. Does not like reloads but will eat factory loads. Accurate little bastard. Sure I would get another one given the chance but I don't like the safety mag disconnect.

WokMaster1
10-14-2007, 8:37 AM
No issues here. Love it.

kalibear
10-14-2007, 11:35 AM
+1 here, mine was very accurate out of the box and I like the trigger

GlockOn
10-14-2007, 1:27 PM
WOW, I can't believe the positive responses, I really wasn't expecting to hear all this good stuff, I think I'm gonna pick one up this week.

Bobula
10-14-2007, 3:57 PM
I think i'mgonna go by one again now

AresXD40
10-14-2007, 5:41 PM
I like my wife's. It is a sweet little pistol. Wouldn't mind picking up one for myself seeing it is the wife's gun, however I have been bitten buy the 1911 bug for now.

KenpoProfessor
10-15-2007, 3:50 AM
I have one, bought a second and my buddy's wife loved it for her CCW so he's got it now. Great guns, won't feed PMC ammo for some reason though my Keltec P3AT eats it.

Lotsa people here in AZ use them as CCW.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde