PDA

View Full Version : WMD for rifle, airsoft

aileron
10-13-2007, 9:49 AM
Ok, moderators, Im hoping Im allowed to do this. Its not in the faq.

This is a link to the 1919a4 website, I do not know the details surrounding the child in PA that is purported to want to do a columbine sort of thing. But it is interesting that once again, a person is being mis-represented by the press and the local law enforcement, through the press and is under arrest.

Link here.

http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=112013#post112013

Interesting portion from poster Pvt. Joker. 8th post down.

Let's see what we've actually got here...

14-year-old fat kid gets picked on by fellow students, to the point where his parents take him out of the school.

Kid finds some solace in collecting guns as a hobby.

Mother helps him build the start of a nice collection.

Then, some other kid- from the same school where the fat kid had been tormented to the point of leaving BY BEING HARRASSED BY HIS FELLOW STUDENTS- comes down from playing video games one night, and CLAIMS that the fat kid has recruited him for a "columbine-type school shooting" plot.

Cops search the fat kid's house, find a gun collection (legally purchased by the adult mother) and arrest the mother AND the son.

The police, interestingly enough, find NO AMMO FOR THE WEAPONS.

let me repeat that slightly glossed-over (but reported) fact- NO AMMO FOR THE WEAPONS.

Let me ask you; I'm not in the military, but if you are planning some kind of mass shooting attack, doesn't it usually make sense TO BUY SOME BULLETS????

I call Bull**** on this one. The fat kid DID nothing, except be accused BY SOMEONE FROM A SCHOOL WHERE HE WAS KNOWN TO BE UNPOPULAR, of "plotting" a crime. He is arrested for allegedly THINKING about a crime.

That scares me FAR worse. They are now arresting people for accusations of THOUGHTCRIME. With no evidence of intent save for wanting to merely own a gun collection, this is a very dangerous precedent if allowed to stand. Hopefully, the fat kid will find a good attorney, get the charges dropped, his collection returned, and then sue the livings daylights out of the other kid's family who accused him. I wish I were on the jury for that one.

Liberty1
10-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Good points. Especially with our current BWO situation BS.

It will depend on how the interrogation went and what the kid admitted. If he denied everything and the police realized they had a week case with he said he said evidence, then I can see the arrest of the mom for "corruption of a minor" and the other firearm related charges to be an attempt at CYA. But it is all speculation. If they're poor they will not get good representation and will plead to something. And I doubt any of the gun right organizations will rush in to defend them and just let it fade into the past by ignoring it.

Then again he could be guilty of conspiracy and this thing was stopped for once. I was surprised they took the airsofts as evidence, but it did make for a scarry picture for the press.

They claimed he had a "grenade" with gun powder and a fire cracker fuse. Will that explode in a dangerous way or just make a lot of smoke without fragmenting the "grenade"? Guess it depends on the amount.

wilit
10-13-2007, 10:09 AM
The kid had one homemade hand grenade already completed and had several more halfway done. I say that goes a little beyond a normal rifle collection.

gn3hz3ku1*
10-13-2007, 10:12 AM
i wonder what rifle he had... btw anything can be considered a homemade gernade after BWO was blamed for owning a "machine gun" right? id wait before i place any blame

Liberty1
10-13-2007, 10:28 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21253029/

The police claim he confessed and the news is stating that on his myspace page he idolized the Columbine shooters.

Calguns2000
10-13-2007, 10:43 AM
I thought they said all of the guns shown were airguns except for one 9mm rifle one .22 pistol and another .22 rifle?

RideIcon
10-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I thought they said all of the guns shown were airguns except for one 9mm rifle one .22 pistol and another .22 rifle?

yep