PDA

View Full Version : S&W DA revolver trigger job

neomentat
10-13-2007, 10:49 AM
I have a S&W 610, the SA trigger is sweet but the DA is heavy with a long pull. I'm thinking about getting a trigger job on it, can I set it to 4 lbs? Can I shorten the trigger travel? how much would this work cost in L.A. area? thanks

WINGEDSWORD
10-13-2007, 1:47 PM
I don't think you can shorten the trigger travel, as that is a function of the size of the trigger, itself. You can, however, reduce the pull weight. I don't know how much it would cost, but the only shop that I would trust, is Bain and Davis, in San Gabriel. Kings could also do a great job,but they are not accepting any new work, at this time.

TTT
10-13-2007, 2:00 PM
Cheapest way to improve your S&W's trigger is to buy some snap caps (dummy rounds) and dry fire it a couple thousand times.

railroader
10-13-2007, 3:19 PM
http://www.gunsprings.com/Revolver/SmithWesson_RvNF.html#S&WKLN You can get a shooter's pack from wolff which make the trigger pull better or just change the mainspring. Mark

bwiese
10-13-2007, 3:43 PM
I would encourage folks with nice S&W wheelguns to have a real wheelgun smith work on 'em.

I've heard of home gunsmithing trigger jobs resulting in light primer strikes.

10rounds
10-13-2007, 5:17 PM
I had Bolsa Gunsmithing do my S&W trigger jobs in the past. They're in Westminster.

http://www.bolsagunsmithing.com/

saki302
10-14-2007, 5:36 AM
A 4lb DA pull is a bit unrealistic. Can it be done? Maybe. But you'll be getting light strikes. The lightest reliable pull I've gotten is around 7lbs-ish in DA mode.

For best (cheapest) results, get a WOlff reduced power 'power rib' spring kit. Install with the softest return spring, and you're done.
I can install springs in the L.A. area for the price of a box of ammo if you can't find a smith (done in your presence while U wait- I have no FFL). I've done over 20 S&W revolvers for buddies and myself already- easy job. Make usr eyou use hollow ground screwdriver bits if you do it yourself or you WILL bugger the screws.

-Dave

big jon
10-14-2007, 8:37 AM
Cheapest way to improve your S&W's trigger is to buy some snap caps (dummy rounds) and dry fire it a couple thousand times.

Don`t forget the tooth paste smeered inside.

Jeffrock
10-14-2007, 8:46 AM
This is the way to go. If you are still unhappy afterwards, send it to Randy Lee at Apex.

edit- Whoops, Just saw that you are looking for someone in L.A., he is up north.

neomentat
10-14-2007, 10:58 AM
thanks for all your inputs, i'll try the dry fire method and look into the wolf springs. if all else fails i'll try a gun smith.