PDA

View Full Version : cz 75B vs. cz75 SP-01 Triggers

neomedic
10-12-2007, 9:18 PM
Are the triggers (especially on the SA) the same on CZ75B and the CZ75SP-01? Or is one better the other?

An article by Guns and Ammo said the CZ75SP SA trigger is inconsistent and at 6 lbs. That's kind of heavy for SA??
http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/czsp01_053007/

Thanks. :confused:

leelaw
10-12-2007, 9:25 PM
I thought the triggers on the 75, SP-01, and 97B were all gritty and had creep, so one of the first things I do for all my CZs is have the trigger worked on and now they're great. Still an awesome pistol for the price, even with the grit, IMHO.

neomedic
10-12-2007, 9:46 PM
Which smith in So. Cal (Los Angeles) will do a good trigger job? And how much? I might just skip it since its only a range gun and for plinking.

How does the CZ triggers compare to a Beretta 92FS??

railroader
10-13-2007, 7:17 AM
My cz75b trigger smoothed up after awhile. I also changed the hammer spring to a 15lb. one. This spring makes the trigger lighter and I haven't had any light primer strikes. I would guess my trigger now is about 4lbs. single action and 8 or 9lbs. double action. Mark

What Just Happened?
10-13-2007, 8:11 AM
I have a CZ P-01 and it's trigger was so gritty that I couldn't even keep the sight picture steady. +500 rounds later, it's smoothed out quite a bit.

If you're going to have the CZ be a rnage gun, then shouldn't you make it so it's a nice shooter?

rivviepop
10-13-2007, 8:59 AM
My 75BD took around 1200rds to smooth out (yeah, way too many) and it's still a bit unfriendly, but my SP-01 trigger smoothed out around 400-500 rounds, I'm at about 1200rds on the SP-01 now and it's really nice, I barely notice the trigger except for the heavy pull weight. I enjoy the actual physical trigger of the SP-01 more as well, my finger likes it's more curved roundness - but others don't like it.

When I first got my SP-01 it had been sitting on a shelf, had a bit of rust - the trigger on day 1 at the range was just awful. Once I took it apart and cleaned really, really thoroughly that spot on either side where the metal arms go back from the trigger itself to the rearward mechanics (the two arms that are due north of the mags and rub against the frame when you pull the trigger) it became really nice to break in; I had to use some CLP, Hoppes and pipe cleaners (and some tweezers) to get the gunk out of there and get some nice lube going on to make it right.

Astig Boy
10-13-2007, 5:20 PM
I say forget about breaking in...thousands of rounds and it "almost" feels good. The cost of those rounds probably cost just as much as a trigger job. All new CZs need trigger jobs IMO, just get it done and be done with it. A good trigger job can drastically change the way you feel about any pistol; making a good pistol a great pistol along with "improving" your shots. Youll feel a lot happier with your pistol once it has a nice trigger. :D

neomedic
10-13-2007, 6:15 PM
Anyone know of a good smith of do a CZ 75 SP01 trigger job in Los Angeles area???

I was a the range today and rented a CZ75B and it was good. Beaver tail grip felt good and fun to shoot. I wasn't as accurate with it I think because it was an OLD range gun and I can tell the muzzle end and crown was all scratched up.

A guy in the next lane has a CZ 75 SP01 Tactical and he said he broke it in with about 600 rounds and that thing was awesome to shoot. He let me squeeze off a magazine and at 7 yards, nice tight groupings. :43:

Joe Register
10-15-2007, 4:03 PM
I too would like to know of a good smith in OC/LA for a P01. Over 500 rounds and still gritty.

What Just Happened?
10-15-2007, 7:56 PM
I too would like to know of a good smith in OC/LA for a P01. Over 500 rounds and still gritty.

Anyone? I'd be interested in such information as well.

Slowshooter
10-15-2007, 9:28 PM
Not in SoCal, but Angus Hobdell does his work in Arizona. His website is http://www.ghostholster.com

mumbleypeg
10-16-2007, 10:19 AM
The stock SA triggers from CZ are very nice. They can be made even nicer. I have had Mike Eagleshield at CZ-USA in Kansas City do work and was very pleased. He worked on my SA and my DA/SA.

I'm very tempted to send my P-01 over to Angus.