PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 Gunslick Bore Guide

Republik_of_Kalifornia
03-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Has anyone bought O-rings for a Gunslick AR-15 Bore guide? If you have, could you please tell me what size O-rings fit. Bought one of these guides from Amazon and Gunslick forgot to put on the O-rings before shipping them off. Tried contacting Gunslick but customer service seems non-existent with this company. Major fail for Gunslick's quality control and customer service. :facepalm:

roushstage2
03-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Amazon will pay return shipping for a replacement when the item is defective. Return it and buy a new one? I have said bore guide and will try to remember and measure the o-rings for you tomorrow.

Was that your one-star review on Amazon? Just curious.

Republik_of_Kalifornia
03-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Amazon will pay return shipping for a replacement when the item is defective. Return it and buy a new one? I have said bore guide and will try to remember and measure the o-rings for you tomorrow.

Was that your one-star review on Amazon? Just curious.

Yes it was. Lol!
Amazon is now currently out of these bore guides and would just issue a refund (bought it directly from Amazon and not the current vendor selling them at the site). I have no issue with the bore guide itself. But without the o-rings, the guide does not stay in place when I pull my rod out. Any insight on what size the o-rings are is greatly appreciated.

joeblowphony
03-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Has anyone bought O-rings for a Gunslick AR-15 Bore guide? If you have, could you please tell me what size O-rings fit. Bought one of these guides from Amazon and Gunslick forgot to put on the O-rings before shipping them off. Tried contacting Gunslick but customer service seems non-existent with this company. Major fail for Gunslick's quality control and customer service. :facepalm:

Did you try calling their service number? 1-800-831-0850

Republik_of_Kalifornia
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Did you try calling their service number? 1-800-831-0850

I sent an email and left a message at the number listed on Gunslick's official website 1.800.635.7656. No response.

BOOGIEMAN
03-07-2013, 12:08 PM
What about o-rings from home depot or auto supplies?

Dutch Henry
03-07-2013, 1:17 PM
I don't know where you're located but if you have a good industrial hardware store (Mc Fadden-Dale, Grainger, McMaster-Carr, etc.) close by, they usually have a good selection of O-rings and if you take the guide in, they should be able to find one to fit. The only downside is that you may have to buy a minimum quantity. Good luck.

roushstage2
03-07-2013, 2:08 PM
I've got the o-ring in front of me, but I can't find my dang caliper to measure it -_-

roushstage2
03-07-2013, 2:27 PM
Using a tape measure, the ID is approx. 3/4", ~3/32" thick, giving it a ~0.9375 OD. It's looking like these might be what you need: http://www.amazon.com/210-Viton-O-Ring-Durometer-Black/dp/B000FMYUPO
The picture looks correct, and it's made of Viton so they are chemical resistant just like the ones that come on the bore guide.

Republik_of_Kalifornia
03-07-2013, 4:00 PM
Thanks everyone for all the info especially to you roushstage2 for going above and beyond to help a fellow calgunner! I'll check on the link you've provided to order the o-rings and/or go to home depot and buy a couple of o-rings in the size you've mentioned. :seeya:

Justintoxicated
03-07-2013, 4:07 PM
Harbor Freight has a very good O-ring selection too and cheap. Hell you could even get one that will be solvent resistant :)

jdmacl
03-07-2013, 4:52 PM
My local Ace Hardware has a couple of drawer fulls of individual O-rings where they sell fastners. Just take the bore guide in and try different sizes until you find a fit. It doesn't have to be too precise and it doesn't matter if you stretch it a little. to make it fit.

Republik_of_Kalifornia
03-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks everyone. I will definitely look into solvent resistant ones. I appreciate all the input on where I can find them. And much thanks again roushstage2 for the measurements and link.

roushstage2
03-07-2013, 11:09 PM
You're welcome!