PDA

View Full Version : Weekend firearm friendly retreat rentals?

mcubed4130
10-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Anyone know if there is a such a thing as a:

Firearms friendly retreat; go hang out - blow off thousands of rounds of ammo; relax by the fire in the evenings... that sort of thing.

My buddies I grew up with; for decades now; have had access to a "friend of a friends; neighbors uncles cousins third relatives buddy" :) who let us use his 56+ acre private land + 1 room cabin. This has been the yearly trek for us, for a long time.

However; 6 months ago; that place was sold... SO...

Anyone have any recommendations; for 5 or 6 guys to go hang out for the weekend; and use up some ammo?

I'm in Northern Cal; preference would not be to drive more than say; 7 hrs to get to where-ever... so basically California/Oregon border; Nevada; San Diego... I think would be the approx range of possibility.

-M3

bwiese
10-14-2007, 8:25 PM
M3,

I used to go to Reno for this. I called it 'hunting for prime rib'.

I'd go out to the desert 18+ mi from Reno (near an area called Patrick, just a smidgen down the road (on the other side) from the Waltham pet food plant.

Shoot the sh*t outta my guns and then go back to the hotel and dine nicely.

Unfortunately that area is now closed (appears it's a part time cattle run, and people left too much debris that could clutter hooves).

There are probably other areas up there that would work, and perhaps others can speak up.

mcubed4130
10-16-2007, 7:29 PM
wow... so... either no one reads this forum... or there is no such thing as a B&B - bed and bullets? :D

-M3

hitman13
10-20-2007, 9:35 PM
id say to just find an area that you want to visit and shoot in and then get a nice hotel near by between you and your friends.

hoffmang
10-20-2007, 9:48 PM
M3,

Check out http://www.vrbo.com/ . I've seen some places that are firearm friendly on there. We thought about vacating in Oregon for much the same purpose.

I need to hurry up and make some more cash so I can buy a 640 acre plot...

-Gene

Scarecrow Repair
10-21-2007, 12:45 AM
A cheap way is to find friends with land who will invite you for the weekend :-)

mcubed4130
10-23-2007, 9:13 PM
M3,

Check out http://www.vrbo.com/ . I've seen some places that are firearm friendly on there. We thought about vacating in Oregon for much the same purpose.

I need to hurry up and make some more cash so I can buy a 640 acre plot...

-Gene

HEY! Stop reading my mind... Since I've not been able to find any good answers... I've been talking to land brokerages in NV; who are selling off the old 640 acre plots; the railroad and/or mining companies used to own...

640 acres though is too rich for me; while also maintaining residence here in PRK though... so either I'll have to make more $$ - or I'll have to move to NV.

:D More likely I'll just buy a smaller parcel like 100acres... it's surprising how cheap land is out there.

-M3

mcubed4130
10-23-2007, 9:14 PM
A cheap way is to find friends with land who will invite you for the weekend :-)

Ok... SO WHO HAS LAND - so I can become your friend?? hahaha.... :D

-M3