PDA

View Full Version : Unreliable Guns

Rums
10-11-2007, 11:10 PM
This may sound like kind of a weird request, but I'm looking for a truly awful and unreliable handgun. Start listing the worse piece of crap you've bought.

leelaw
10-11-2007, 11:14 PM
S&W Sigma

Didn't buy it, thank God

Bobula
10-11-2007, 11:32 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=71815

lol

captain91
10-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Bryco arms jennings 9mm

AWFUL!

Knauga
10-12-2007, 5:43 AM
How about just listing the whole "Bryco" family of firearms and save the time of listing every single model ;)

Sprng 03'-A3
10-12-2007, 12:36 PM
My sister-in-law had some pos .22 semi auto pistol that would only shoot 1 round at a time, but I can't remember the brand.

mk19
10-12-2007, 12:53 PM
hi point comes to mind

pullnshoot25
10-12-2007, 1:14 PM
Hesse and Vulcan?

guns_and_labs
10-12-2007, 1:34 PM
Lorcin L9mm

CSACANNONEER
10-12-2007, 2:08 PM
Tech-22!

anothergunnut
10-12-2007, 2:43 PM
I had a Star 9mm that was a complete POS. Classic jamomatic.

Charlie Foxtrot
10-12-2007, 3:00 PM
Automag 44 Mag.

Had everything going for it: limited production, heavy, huge, a grip like a 2x4, kludgy ergonomics, sci-fi styling, poor gas-operated design (stolen from the M-16), unavailable ammunition, miserable accuracy, finicky about ammo loading (liked 'em real hot), a nasty kick, and only 83% reliability (jammed at least once per mag.) On top of it all, it was eye-wateringly expensive.

We watched a buddy struggle with this vunder veapon for three years. Then it just kinda disappeared, never to be spoken of again.

metalhead357
10-12-2007, 5:02 PM
Keltec...............

3 friends before me....3 broken connectors...Clickity clickity no bangy bangy...........

And I was about to buy one after thier first reccomendations; Now they actually listen to ME and my recs instead;)

stangman86gt
10-12-2007, 11:15 PM
my friend has a .45 hipoint.....biggest POS ever.

He can't even get through a whole mag without jamming. It can almost flip the live round 180 degrees and stove pipe at the same time....its amazing.

Bongos
10-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Ed Brown Kobra Carry Stainless... very accurate but unreliable as hell, jammed every third round, FTE/FTF issues...called Brown to get it fixed, got the run around... keep in mind this was the first problem Brown I ever had, back then I also had a special forces and that thing rocks... long story short, I sold it a couple of weeks later.....didn't feel too bad, I bought it for a great price... I found out why :43:

cactus
10-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I ordered a EAA witness ported sub-compact 45acp. The dealer " hooked " me and my friends up with a group buy that came with extra mags. The extra 10 round mags were useless because it would fail before the 8th round. Not just mine but all of ours. I shot my brothers a while back and the thing still constantly malfunctions. I had always liked EAA but this changed my view.

bigthaiboy
10-13-2007, 12:56 AM
hi point comes to mind

You've obviously never owned or fired one then. One good thing Hi-Point handguns & carbines do have going for them is they are remarkably reliable for a cheap gun.
Occasionally, there may be a lemon, but you get lemons with Glocks, too.

KenpoProfessor
10-13-2007, 5:59 AM
Lorcin .380 jammomatic. I couldn't get two round out of this POS without a FTE or stovepipe. It's in pieces in a box if anyone wants it for a repair kit
:43:. I've also got a RG .25 sitting in drawer that the extractor tears up the case when it ejects and won't load the next round.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

JS-M1A
10-13-2007, 3:21 PM
Worst POS I ever owned was a Cobray PM-11. Every time it was shot
It would break the sear and the c clips would fly off. I even made a
Sear for it out of better steel than the original heat treated it.
Same results. Worst pistol I ever owned hands down.
Only plus was the weight as it would be a good club.

Second worse POS I ever owned was an HK USP40. It was an
Early model with non-captive recoil spring and non-polygonal rifled
Barrel. Jammed every 5 to 7 rds no matter what mags or ammo
Where used. Expensive and unreliable. I have shot newer USP`s
And not had any problems with them. I must have got a lemon.
$800+ jammomatic POS.

N6ATF
10-13-2007, 11:18 PM
I wonder if I should be worried about my early model USP45 then. Been feeling too ****ty to go shootin' since I got it.

BigDogatPlay
10-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Biggest POS I ever owned was a 70's vintage Taurus take on a Model 10 S & W. A friend of mine sold it to me on the cheap when he was short of cash. It was very nicely fitted and finished with the flutes in the cylinder very finely grooved front to back. Aesthetically it was pretty cool.

OTOH, function was abominable. It shot nowhere close to point of aim regardless of the brand of ammo. It had a really bad habit of FTF on about every other shot, again regardless of ammo. I replaced every spring in it and reduced the FTF to about one or maybe two per cylinder full. Took it to my gunsmith who said it wasn't worth his time or my money to diagnose, let alone work on.

In the end I sold it back to the guy who sold it to me... for less than I paid with the caveat that the next time he was short of cash to just ask for a loan. The entire experience soured me on Taurus products for many years until I took a chance on a PT-99 that was an outstanding shooter.

FMJBT
10-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Desert Eagle 44 mag. Really picky about ammo, pretty much verbatim the same as the 44 auto mag posted earlier. With stout handloads, reliability was great, but it would spray flaming chunks of still burning powder back towards your face when firing. I always wear eye and ear protection when shooting, but it was the only gun I ever really felt the need to wear protection with.

On the plus side, the accuracy was outstanding. It is one of the few pistols I've shot that could hit a 24" gong consistently at 300 yards without optics. Shooting indoors was always a treat as well, the loud BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! would always cause others to stop what they were doing to watch.

I sold it off years ago to make a car payment :( One of these days I'll probably buy another one to replace it with if I ever find myself with $1000 or so to throw away. Both the coolest, and crappiest gun I've ever owned.

metalhead357
10-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I wonder if I should be worried about my early model USP45 then. Been feeling too ****ty to go shootin' since I got it.

I wouldn't.......... I've got one and its absolutely wonderful.........

philthy209
10-14-2007, 1:19 PM
phoenix arms HP22. bought it cause it was only 100 bucks and i didn't have a 22 semi auto handgun. jams every other round. technically it is single action becasue i have to push the slide forward after every pull of the trigger.

i want my 100 bucks back.