PDA

View Full Version : P7M8 "last of 500" Is it BS?

82A1CAL
10-11-2007, 10:30 PM
What kind of BS is HK feeding us? I jumped on a consecutive pair of P7M8 "Last of 500" about 5 months ago. Thinking that if I don't buy them now they will be gone forever! A few days ago I found that HK released an additional 200 pistols with higher serial numbers! What the hell was that! That is Fxxked UP! I Posted a tread in HK forum requesting an explanation but post was immediately removed! They PM me with phone number and request that I call them. Here is their explanation, HK Germany shut down production once they completed the "last of 500" P7M8. The new pistol was assembled before the "
last of 500" using parts that were made before the "last of 500". Reason having higher serial numbers was pistols were shipped after the "last of 500". They said pistols was assembled without serial number and serial number is stamped right before they shipped them! P7M8 shipped after the "Last of 500" have higher serial numbers even though they were made before. Is it me or does it sound like BS? That employee also said HK Germany still owe them an additional 100 pieces! I am just pissed!:mad::mad::mad: Let see how long this post will last here! :D

Fjold
10-12-2007, 6:26 AM
The post will last here until it dies of old age.

cseabass
10-12-2007, 7:28 AM
whhat i was told by my hk rep(may be bull****) this last run was a run of leftover parts. this is supposedly it. who knows though.

mblat
10-12-2007, 8:31 AM
Buh. you know there will be 60 years anniversary pistols, 65 years, 70 years etc.
It just a game. There is enough demand and enough "cult" following for this pistols that any extra addition will be sold, not matter what is the price.

I personally will buy PSP or M8 if I can find one for decent price, (PSP can be had outside of Cali for $750?), but I don't think they will be true collector peaces for long, long time, no matter what serial number they have.

Sam Hainn
10-12-2007, 3:41 PM
There is sure to be re-relases of various version in the future. There is nothing else like it on the market, and as requests come in for more, they are bound to release new 'limited editions'.

(CIRCLE ONE):

" Gold Cup National Match Target Custom Special Expert Super Duper Jubilee Anniversary Centennial Limited-Edtion Tactical Mark-V Restricted Ultramatch Jeff Cooper Lew Horton Scout-Squad Green Beret SEAL DEA SWAT Coast Guard Border Patrol Special Forces SAS NRA-endorsed 1-of-1000 " ( Oh and German made vs. other version vs. German made and assembled elsewhere ). :rolleyes:

82A1CAL
10-15-2007, 8:17 PM
Well, I felt I was misled! I thought "last" mean last?. Now I felt that they are just trying to sell pistols!

vrejshah209
10-15-2007, 9:10 PM
this is not the first time a manufacturer has used that phrase "last of..." If there is a demand there will be a supply. If you're really that pissed I say you show you protest and sell them to me at a HUGE! discount. That'll show'em!:rolleyes:

adamsreeftank
10-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Well, I felt I was misled! I thought "last" mean last?. Now I felt that they are just trying to sell pistols!

A gun company "just trying to sell pistols!"

Where will it end?? :(

CalgunsRocks
10-15-2007, 11:39 PM
p7's are sweet pistols. anybody know how much they run for here in cali (brand new)?

aplinker
10-15-2007, 11:43 PM
p7's are sweet pistols. anybody know how much they run for here in cali (brand new)?

1500-1600, if you can find them.

The whole "last of 500" thing seemed to be pushed a lot more by salesmen in the shop than by HK. I never even thought of it as a big deal. Why would being the last of 500 make them better? I've never heard of "the last of" anything commanding a higher price.

dfens
10-17-2007, 11:00 PM
The whole last of was BS, but if it was true then people who were on the fence or thought unless I get one now I'll never be able to buy one new. You don't see to many NIB ones.

Hell I wanted to buy one not one of those supposed last ones, but without a CCW what purpose does ot feel. Other than I want another toy.

They kept telling people we aren't going to make anymore no one is buying them and they are too much to make.

So if you miss this chance it will never come again, and people bought it.

If their is demand and if the price is right they'll make them when ever they feel like it.

Sam Hainn
10-17-2007, 11:36 PM
....So if you miss this chance it will never come again, and people bought it.

If their is demand and if the price is right they'll make them when ever they feel like it.

But... if HK lets it drop off the list or they release it with a new model name... none for CA anyway.

RECCE556
10-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Wow, that's BS. "Last" should mean LAST. I'm glad I didn't buy one of these (granted, I already have a few P7's anyways)