PDA

View Full Version : Bryco Jennings 380

Bobula
10-11-2007, 11:09 PM
My grandma pulled this out of the safe and asked me if I was interested in buying it, after I stopped laughing I told her I see if I could find anyone interested. What would be fair price for one? Has box/papers, fired literally only 3 rounds.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/bobulaondeck/11-10-07_1313.jpg

AJAX22
10-11-2007, 11:13 PM
My grandma pulled this out of the safe and asked me if I was interested in buying it, after I stopped laughing I told her I see if I could find anyone interested. What would be fair price for one? Has box/papers, fired literally only 3 rounds.

Did it jam on the 4th? :p

I think these go for about $70 after dealer markup, of course to get that sort of premium price you'd have to top off all the mags. :D

Seriously though if its cheap enough someone will want it.

Bobula
10-11-2007, 11:21 PM
No, I shot one round, grandpa shot one round, grandma shot one, but she'd never shot a semi auto before..........
Almost broke her thumb.

BaronW
10-12-2007, 1:14 AM
Hey, that was made in Irvine? Wow. :eek:

Bobula
10-12-2007, 1:26 AM
So it must be CA legal right? haha

leelaw
10-12-2007, 1:40 AM
LOL, I'd pay $40 for it, and it'd have to be transferred via PPT.

The SoCal Gunner
10-12-2007, 2:28 AM
I'd buy it just because it is made in Irvine for maybe $30.

MadMex
10-12-2007, 5:42 AM
Tell her to surrender it at one of those ‘Guns for Gift Certificates / No Questions Asked’ events. Make sure you get a picture of her standing in line with all the bangers.

CSACANNONEER
10-12-2007, 7:27 AM
If someone wants to buy this, I've got a parts gun that I'll sell for $20 w/o the frame.

Someguy925
10-12-2007, 8:53 AM
Wow, I never realize Irvine would be a place to have a factory where they make terrible guns...

Oh I found a wiki for all of us to laugh at,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryco_Arms/Jennings_Firearms/Jimenez_Arms

ohsmily
10-12-2007, 8:54 AM
pm sent

Blue
10-12-2007, 9:14 AM
I'd say it's worth $50-75 to the right person.

WokMaster1
10-12-2007, 9:16 AM
LOL, I'd pay $40 for it, and it'd have to be transferred via PPT.

The DROS & transfer fees will be more expensive than the gun. That's a first for me.:eek:

leelaw
10-12-2007, 11:04 AM
The DROS & transfer fees will be more expensive than the gun. That's a first for me.:eek:

PPT is limited to $35... :confused:

Bobula
10-12-2007, 11:20 AM
thx for the feedback, but I do need to specify, I'm just trying to find a general price/interest. It is not for sale, when it is I'll post it in the for sale section, please no more PM's lol

Bobula
10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
any other thoughts/comments

Gunaria
10-14-2007, 1:36 PM
It is only $19 for family member transfers. How long has those rounds been in them clips for? Those clips are probably shot by now. Give her $45 bucks and tell her it will stay in the family. After all isn't worth that much for something all three of you fired together?

caggots
06-29-2008, 1:08 PM

I have one that I bought off of one of my friends. I looked in to it brand new it is worth 89 dollars and being that it was fired nock 20% off of that I would be intrested in purchesing this off of you if you'd like to sell it. my personal email addy is caggots@yahoo.com I will give you top dollar over market value.

LAK Supply
06-29-2008, 1:53 PM
You can buy a Cold Steel club for $25. :) Probably cheaper than that one! :p

JTROKS
06-29-2008, 2:43 PM
I never owned a 380, but I had a 22lr. That gun fed, fired and extracted the rounds I stuffed in the mags. I do remember firing a 380 model and it also fired, extracted and fed the rounds. I wouldn't pay $100 for it, but maybe $50. Some folks that can't afford to spend a couple of hundred bucks on a firearms may want or need to have a gun to deter crime and the Bryco may just fit tha bill.

Kruzr
06-29-2008, 4:00 PM
Don't sell it, it's a part of gun history. How many of us can say we own the gun that coined the term....Saturday Night Special.

Fobjoe
06-29-2008, 4:03 PM
"beware the man who exclusively shoots a Bryco Jennings, he's probably very good at throwing it."

CHS
06-29-2008, 4:27 PM
Some might describe me as a bit of a gun snob, but I've always wanted the whole collection of "Ring of Fire" guns just for fun.

Not to actually shoot, just to HAVE. :)

daemonite
06-29-2008, 5:06 PM
you may get more money selling to a police station when they are doing gun buy backs.

jamesob
06-29-2008, 5:42 PM
brycos are famous for breaking the little aluminum keeper that holds the whole thing together. i shot one and the gun just blew up. free sounds like a fair price to me.

Pred@tor
06-29-2008, 7:15 PM
http://www.shiningstardist.com/home.htm they are still being made. :D

Riodog
06-29-2008, 11:02 PM
While this doesn't address the topic of the thread, it is relevant. If you google the brand, maker, etc., what you find is a "HIT" piece on saturday night specials and the Jennings Family. While I think I have 1 or 2 of the specified pistols somewhere around the house I don't advise, condone, recommend, OR WHATEVER, the purchase of these pieces of crap. I wouldn't recommend one of these to a "gangbanger" to be used in a driveby.

With that out of the way, I'll "admit" that my wife was a close friend of Janice Jennings. There has been a lot of "hyperbolye", sensationalist media, etc., about the happenstance.

Let's face facts. GUNS ARE DANGEROUS! DUH. WHO was holding the gun when it discharged? Who's fault was it? If you're handling Dynamite and it goes off, Who's to blame? The Dynamite maker? DON"T THINK SO!

The parents, (who were found partially to blame) and a "shyster" have ridden this horse to death. OH, the poor child!!!

In reality, I honestly do not believe in accidents. I believe in stupidity, not planning ahead, no common sense, poor judgement, whatever. I don't care how poorly a weapon is made it's the a-hole that's holding it while pointing it in the wrong direction that's to blame.

Let's put the blame where it really belongs.
Rant over,
Rio

ivanimal
06-29-2008, 11:04 PM
While this doesn't address the topic of the thread, it is relevant. If you google the brand, maker, etc., what you find is a "HIT" piece on saturday night specials and the Jennings Family. While I think I have 1 or 2 of the specified pistols somewhere around the house I don't advise, condone, recommend, OR WHATEVER, the purchase of these pieces of crap. I wouldn't recommend one of these to a "gangbanger" to be used in a driveby.

With that out of the way, I'll "admit" that my wife was a close friend of Janice Jennings. There has been a lot of "hyperbolye", sensationalist media, etc., about the happenstance.

Let's face facts. GUNS ARE DANGEROUS! DUH. WHO was holding the gun when it discharged? Who's fault was it? If you're handling Dynamite and it goes off, Who's to blame? The Dynamite maker? DON"T THINK SO!

The parents, (who were found partially to blame) and a "shyster" have ridden this horse to death. OH, the poor child!!!

In reality, I honestly do not believe in accidents. I believe in stupidity, not planning ahead, no common sense, poor judgement, whatever. I don't care how poorly a weapon is made it's the a-hole that's holding it while pointing it in the wrong direction that's to blame.

Let's put the blame where it really belongs.
Rant over,
Rio

Well said, I still want one.:p

jamesob
06-29-2008, 11:15 PM
bryco or jennings same gun, craped out of the same hole.

leitung
06-30-2008, 7:19 AM
Tell her to surrender it at one of those ‘Guns for Gift Certificates / No Questions Asked’ events. Make sure you get a picture of her standing in line with all the bangers.

LOL! What bangers? The only people who turn guns in at those things are grandma's & kids of grandma's after grandma has died... Bangers guns are more valuable then some certificate, and they don't care about the law..

Beelzy
06-30-2008, 7:49 AM
Please, put Litter in its Place!!!!

That is the famous gun we all see on the cop shows that doesn't go off, or
jams when crooks use them. ;)