PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas!!

joearmstrong
03-05-2013, 8:52 PM
Going for a wedding this weekend. Anyone have any ideas about good guns stores in the area? I dont have a ton of time but would like to stop by a few to see what evil items are avaliable outside of our enlightened state. Prefer places that sell reloading supplies as well just in case I get lucky. I checked google but its mostly ranges and I dont have any time to shoot.

theshoer
03-05-2013, 9:01 PM
Check out Backpage Vegas.

jonc
03-05-2013, 9:02 PM
American shooters...

Great range
Great store

jonc
03-05-2013, 9:03 PM
Lock N load

joearmstrong
03-05-2013, 9:05 PM
Thanks all!! Keep them coming. My rental has unlimited miles...wish I had unlimited time.

BOOGIEMAN
03-05-2013, 9:11 PM
Bass Pro Shop just at the outskirt of Las Vegas.

fmunk
03-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Eh, American Shooters is a tourist trap, avoid. Bass Pro if you just want to look at a Bass Pro flagship store. You'll be paying nothing less than MSRP there on even a t-shirt.

Real gun shops:
1. New Frontier Armory (Duh)
2. Lock'n'Load in Henderson (known to you all as Henderson Defense, L'n'L is their retail front)
3. Lone Mountain Outfitters in Henderson (these guys train military armorers and are H&K experts)
4. Citadel Guns and Safe, not much for guns but used to be a good place for ammo and cheap surplus mags (like 10 round KCI M14 mags for 7 bucks each, sold elsewhere for $25)

All of the above are online. Search and find their addresses.

baih777
03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Eh, American Shooters is a tourist trap, avoid. Bass Pro if you just want to look at a Bass Pro flagship store. You'll be paying nothing less than MSRP there on even a t-shirt.

Real gun shops:
1. New Frontier Armory (Duh)
2. Lock'n'Load in Henderson (known to you all as Henderson Defense, L'n'L is their retail front)
3. Lone Mountain Outfitters in Henderson (these guys train military armorers and are H&K experts)
4. Citadel Guns and Safe, not much for guns but used to be a good place for ammo and cheap surplus mags (like 10 round KCI M14 mags for 7 bucks each, sold elsewhere for $25)

All of the above are online. Search and find their addresses.

+1 ditto from me. Most shops didn't have much a month ago.

MrPlink
03-05-2013, 11:20 PM
If you want to rent MGs, Battlefield Vegas is the place to be. They have the best selection by far, and dont treat you like a baby if you know how to operate the gun already, and don't give you powderpuff loads to shoot (like the infamous Gun Store)

Mizouse
03-05-2013, 11:28 PM
thanks for the suggestion on battlefield vegas. next time im there i will go there instead of the infamous gun store with the crazy long lines

BANG BANG
03-06-2013, 2:37 PM
Lock N load

PLUS 1 !!

Good guys and Tony the manager is super cool

Rangem4
03-06-2013, 3:41 PM
When you go to a gun store in Nevada you are entering the United States of America. When you go to a gun show in Arizona you are entering the USA.
It is amazing the amount of activity, rifles, revolvers, pistols, magazines etc.
California is my home and I love the weather but the politics suck.

luckystrike
03-06-2013, 3:54 PM
and don't give you powderpuff loads to shoot (like the infamous Gun Store)
?? please explain

MrPlink
03-06-2013, 4:59 PM
Gunstore (maybe this has changed) used to use underpowered reloaded ammo for a lot of their mg rentals. Saves on barrel life and keeps the gun easier to control for tourists with no firearms experience that are likely to just want to do FA mag dumps

crazychinaman
03-06-2013, 5:33 PM
When you go to a gun store in Nevada you are entering the United States of America. When you go to a gun show in Arizona you are entering the USA.
It is amazing the amount of activity, rifles, revolvers, pistols, magazines etc.

Amen to that.........

JoeGSX
03-06-2013, 5:43 PM
New Frontier is a must stop!

Brandon04GT
03-06-2013, 5:46 PM
Discount Firearms is also a cool shop and they also rent out machine guns. It seems that lots of ranges are now renting out machine guns in order to cash in on the demand to try em.

I checked out Discount Firearms late last year and it's amazing how many pistols they had just laying around that we could never see for sale here. XDMs and XDSs all over the place. Even hard to find Springfield 1911's like the MC Operator and two tone LW champion just laying around. I felt like I was in another country.

Socaliente
03-06-2013, 8:10 PM
Any places in or near Vegas that have Mini Gun rentals?

Ill be in vegas this weekend, any shops where i could possibly pick up a BCG, pmags or 223 ammo?

joearmstrong
03-06-2013, 8:23 PM
Looks like Im not the only one going this weekend!! Thanks for the info all. Ill make time to see as many as I can.

sirgiles
03-06-2013, 8:52 PM
they opened last october 2012. mostly locals come here.
the PRISim is worth it.

http://www.therange702.com/

3lsmc7
03-06-2013, 9:11 PM
Another vote for new frontier armory. I usually make a trip there everytime I go to Vegas, even if I don't have a gun related reason.

rightwingmaniac
03-07-2013, 8:32 PM
The Gun Store

heedless619
03-07-2013, 9:59 PM
Not a gun store but Gold and Silver (Pawn Stars) has cool antique firearms! Love that show!

sirgiles
03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Not a gun store but Gold and Silver (Pawn Stars) has cool antique firearms! Love that show!

it is a very little store geared for showbiz.

baih777
03-08-2013, 5:05 AM
If you go to bass pro looking for powder, you have to ask for it. They have to keep it locked up.
Now you know where to spend money. Now you need to focus on how to win a few hundred. That way its free what ever you buy. Lol

desertexplore
03-08-2013, 5:57 AM

Yes, sad but true.