View Full Version : What is the deal?

10-11-2007, 5:42 PM
I have a small collection of high dollar handguns. Sig X-Five, Kimber 1911 and a few others. I can't explain it but I shoot best with my bone stock Glock 34. Does anyone have a similar experence?

10-11-2007, 6:17 PM

You proved a point & a bone of contention among several of my friends....

SOME guns ARE just more accurate than others, SOME guns just need different hands. Some guns & people just need more time together.

I've always been much more of a "let your hand adapt" philosophy rather than I *must* have the *ONE GUN* that soooooo positively fits my hand everything else feels like a squishy. I think better to be *profecient* with many than <only> expert with one.....just my take; feel free to disagree........

So now you know which one yerr' good with-- So now go practice WITH THE OTHERS UNTIL YOU'RE AT LEAST AS GOOD;)

10-11-2007, 10:02 PM
It just proves that the GLOCK is the best gun on earth, and all others must bow before it. But seriously dont consider your GLOCK a lesser gun cause it costs half as much, its just made more efficently. Throw all three out of an air plane and see which is the best then, higher priced dose not always mean better.

10-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I keep seeing people talking about small hands being better for single stack...

Can we quantify this?

Thumb joint (inside web) to tip=3 in
Hand width (4 fingers across only)=3.25 in
Palm length (wrist to base of middle finger)=4.5 in
Middle finger length=3.5 in
Pinky length= 2.5 in

Not saying mine are better for single, not sure at all really since all I've handled are doubles.

10-12-2007, 3:35 AM
Isn't the Glock 34 intended to be a 9mm target gun, with a fairly light 3.5 pound trigger and long barrel? I believe it has a good reputation for accuracy, so I am not surprised that you can shoot it well.

Some shooters just seem to do well with certain guns. For me it is my Sig P229 in .40 caliber. The trigger, sights, grip feel and weight just seem ideal for me, and I can shoot it better than almost anything else I own.