PDA

View Full Version : 9mm Assault rifles!

Glock22Fan
10-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Police found a 9 mm assault rifle, air guns, hand grenades, a bomb-making book, videos of the 1999 Columbine attack in Colorado and violence-filled notebooks at the boy's home Wednesday, prosecutors said. They found no ammunition for the most dangerous weapon, the assault rifle.

http://www.santamariatimes.com/articles/2007/10/11/ap/headlines/d8s75pto0.txt

I'm not sure what a 9mm assault rifle might be, but wow, they are more dangerous than hand grenades. Pretty powerful stuff.

FEDUPWBS
10-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Here we go again! Looks like we need "more effective" gun control laws. Just saw this on FOX news so I jumped on. If you see the look what we found layout of the kids airsoft collection its got good shockvalue. The 9mm was a MP5 clone so as I said here we go again!

Clodbuster
10-11-2007, 12:22 PM
The hand grenades were probably airsoft bb containers....so dangerous.

Clod

http://www.santamariatimes.com/articles/2007/10/11/ap/headlines/d8s75pto0.txt

I'm not sure what a 9mm assault rifle might be, but wow, they are more dangerous than hand grenades. Pretty powerful stuff.

MrTuffPaws
10-11-2007, 12:50 PM
How much you want to be that the 9mm AW was a sub2000 or a HiPoint?

EricCartmann
10-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Good story for more gun bans to follow. Most Americans don't know the details nor will they question it. All "guns are bad" that is the bottom line. Just like "all illegal immigration" is bad. All guns kill. All illegal immigrants kill.

45DAVID1
10-11-2007, 1:05 PM
Looks like hi-point to me.

1064chubbs
10-11-2007, 1:15 PM
at gun shows hi-point's probably go for less than $200, I would say it was a hi-point, but with the pistol grip it's an assault rifle :rolleyes:

ghettoshecky
10-11-2007, 3:17 PM
assuming grenades are fake or inert, it sounds like they really have nothing on the boy. hell I used to play with airsoft all the time with kids and I had "violence filled notebooks" Thats what they said about me drawing guns and other "war-like" pictures. Although sounding disturbing, having a bomb making book and a video of Columbine doesn't account to a real threat. Maybe just needs a little counseling.

Harbinger
10-11-2007, 3:19 PM
I want his 'laser sight', whatever that is.

Mike

5150-417
10-11-2007, 3:27 PM
i just saw that report on k-cal9, he had a few ak's an rpk and some others that i wasn't able to identify.

CSACANNONEER
10-11-2007, 5:21 PM
at gun shows hi-point's probably go for less than $200, I would say it was a hi-point, but with the pistol grip it's an assault rifle :rolleyes:

NO! The rifle is in Penn. and I don't think that there is even a legal definition of "assault rifle" in that state. Please, don't confuse Ca. law with the laws of normal states.

Creeping Incrementalism
10-11-2007, 5:34 PM
NO! The rifle is in Penn. and I don't think that there is even a legal definition of "assault rifle" in that state. Please, don't confuse Ca. law with the laws of normal states.

The issue here is mainstream media ignorance of what an assault rifle is, and its eagerness to use demonizing terminology, not legal definitions. What I heard on CBS radio news was "assault-type rifle", I think.

Anyone ID'd it for sure? I ask because one poster said it was an MP5 clone, another a Hi-Point, and they don't look alike.

Bizcuits
10-11-2007, 5:58 PM
was he planning to shoot the school up with bb guns? because those are all airsoft guns in the pic posted on cnn

The grenades were made with plastic casings that authorities believe the boy bought on the Internet, Lawrence said. The operational hand grenades included black powder, BBs and a fuse believed used in fireworks.

THOSE ARE BB GRENADES SOLD ONLINE BY AIRSOFT SHOPS!

I hate hearing stories like this... sense when did THOUGHT become a crime...

BigDogatPlay
10-11-2007, 6:01 PM
If you look at the video linked to this Yahoo News story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071011/ap_on_re_us/student_arsenal_3), the one actual firearm seized is a Hi-Point. Looks like he had a cheapie laser pointer mounted under the muzzle. Everything else was airsoft and he had, apparently, not a single round of live ammo for the Hi-Point.

He was, however, hand building three grenades. Grenade bodies stuffed with black powder perhaps? This case will certainly whip up the anti's into a new and frothy frenzy and the news footage which pans all over the collection of airsofts I would expect is already being churned by the Brady Bunch.

But either way, I'm very happy to see this joker intervened before he got hold of any ammo and made it all the worse for us.

Bizcuits
10-11-2007, 6:21 PM
He was, however, hand building three grenades. Grenade bodies stuffed with black powder perhaps?

NOPE, the plastic grenades can be purchased at almost every airsoft shop and you can find homemade instructions on youtube for them. Two reports I've read now have discribed the grenades as having been filled with plastic 6mm bbs

1064chubbs
10-11-2007, 6:27 PM
The issue here is mainstream media ignorance of what an assault rifle is, and its eagerness to use demonizing terminology, not legal definitions. What I heard on CBS radio news was "assault-type rifle", I think.

Thank You, thats the point I was trying to make.

superhondaz50
10-11-2007, 9:48 PM
Yep the "assault weapon" was a ghetto blastin HI_POINT After the first round doesnt fire he could have used it as a club

sen24
10-11-2007, 10:17 PM
i love how the DA put the 30 'air rifles' out on display like they broke up an arms deal of the century. those are toy airsoft guns!

Charliegone
10-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Breaking news! Child found with hundreds of assault airsoft rifles!
Brady: OMG!! we must ban more of guns!!
Assistant: But Mrs Brady...they were airsoft rifles...
Brady: Who cares!! They are assault rifles, that's all I need to know!!

Roo
10-11-2007, 11:05 PM
What young boy didn't have a bomb making book? Hell when I was younger I loved making things go boom :). I had the Anarchist cookbook which informed you how to make things go boom.

kuhjäger
10-11-2007, 11:26 PM
I see no proof the the kid was actually planning any sort of attack. he was most likely just a little strange. We all knew a kid like that in school.

Arrg, I can't wait to hear about this somewhere at school tommorow.

DedEye
10-12-2007, 1:16 AM
My question is how dumb does his mother have to be to buy her son that gun? I'm all for minors being allowed supervised firearms use (and de facto ownership of firearms by minors under the supervision and custodianship of their parents or guardians), but it seems like this kid probably had some issues that should have been addressed before buying him a gun.

Giovani X
10-12-2007, 2:14 AM
What gets to me is the lack or visual aids (examples of the weapons) as the DA pontificates (stutters) around the fact that these are meant to cause harm to some one and that is in fact the crime. So an Airsoft gun if intended to do harm to some one is illegal. What a lame excuse. And notice how there was a "video" of the columbine shooting taken with the guns (toys). How come we never got to see the cover or the title, because it was a copy of an HBO film called "Elephant" directed by Gus Van Sant. Did he have a copy of "Heat" or "The Matrix" every kid has a copy of "The Matrix" but who cares about that one it's fantasy...but this one here is loosely based on the Columbine incedent so lets put it in the pile of slander and see what the news media does with it. Theese JBT's are going to persuade the public to belive that they stoped the next Colombine, when all they are doing (and intentionaly) is causing wide spread panic. Problem...Reaction...Solution, just ask them they have all the awnsers. "That's why we did not show you the real weapon taken." ( A Hi-point carbine w/no ammo)... BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE TO!!!!!

tenpercentfirearms
10-12-2007, 9:40 AM
They just charged the mom with an illegal transfer. I know in California you can buy guns for your kids all you want (well you just keep your mouth shut and have your lawyer state you bought the firearms and were just storing them in his room). This whole thing is sensationalism media at its finest.