PDA

View Full Version : The governor has been active signing bills

RRangel
10-10-2007, 6:40 PM
I don't see any of the bills we've been opposing. I'm wondering if there's any urgency in updating the site at the link in a timely manner? http://gov.ca.gov/bills/#all

Call and and fax!

SemiAutoSam
10-10-2007, 6:46 PM
I called 15 times today on the 1471 micro stamping bill. and then saw how if its not signed or vetoed it automatically becomes law in a specified amount of time.

I had no idea this what how it worked.

As I see it this is very wrong Unless of course it was a bill we wanted to become law. :D

MedSpec65
10-10-2007, 6:47 PM
With few exceptions, this Governor signs just about every bill the Democrat dominated State Legislature puts in front of him. Save up and buy the guns you want by December 2009. Without the Ex Post Facto provision in US Law, we'd be facing official confiscation.

RRangel
10-10-2007, 6:59 PM
How many bills in the past were allowed to pass because of his inaction? I doubt very many.

MedSpec65
10-10-2007, 7:17 PM
Of the approximately 300 bills listed on the link you provided, Ahnold vetoed SIXTEEN of them. It's not his INACTION I'm concerned about. It's his habit of ACTIVELY SIGNING THE MAJORITY OF BILLS THE DEMS PUT IN FRONT OF HIM..

Hunter
10-10-2007, 7:22 PM
He has signed 454 bills to date with just over 400 still to go. He dealt with around 102 bills today, passed 76 of them.

thedrickel
10-10-2007, 7:28 PM
Damn, this f'd up state has way too many laws on the books. :(

6172crew
10-10-2007, 7:36 PM
Last year the Gov didnt sign the bad gun bills, this is why we have to keep up on the calls.

CG members whipped arse last year and it will get crazzy the last few days...and last night so dont get down about anything until that day is done.

We have a few guys who work in close with the law makers and posted last years a minute by minute account on what had happened to those bill we beat back.....dont worry guys we can do it again....but that doesnt stop them from trying again next year.:D

Subvertz
10-10-2007, 8:03 PM
Do you guys give the same name everytime you call?

SemiAutoSam
10-10-2007, 8:05 PM
The number I called was automated no live person.

Do you guys give the same name everytime you call?

Satex
10-10-2007, 8:09 PM
I called 15 times today on the 1471 micro stamping bill. and then saw how if its not signed or vetoed it automatically becomes law in a specified amount of time.

If the governor doesn't take action within 30 days, it automatically becomes law. If Arnie thinks he isnít on solid ground, he may choose to ignore it, let it default into law, and later claim he never supported it.

glockman19
10-10-2007, 9:10 PM
Still #1 in the Que so it is recieveing the most calls. I'm sure Brady has a room full of people calling just to vote in favor. We all need to call multiple times over the next two days.

Please call and vote in opposition of AB 1471

Phone: 916-445-2841
press 1 - For english
Press 2 - To voice opinion on an Assembly bill
press 1 - Assembly bill 1471 Firearm microstamping
Press 2 - If you Oppose

Thank You

tgriffin
10-10-2007, 9:14 PM
Of the approximately 300 bills listed on the link you provided, Ahnold vetoed SIXTEEN of them. It's not his INACTION I'm concerned about. It's his habit of ACTIVELY SIGNING THE MAJORITY OF BILLS THE DEMS PUT IN FRONT OF HIM..

dont be so quick to judge. if you look at the substance of the bills he has veto'ed, not all have been republican... i think he has been rather fair and impartial with what he has and has not signed. I believe he just torpedoed one of Perata's pet projects just a month or two ago.

odesskiy
10-11-2007, 1:06 PM
Any news? Is the Governator signing/vetoing bills today?

SemiAutoSam
10-11-2007, 1:20 PM
I called and spoke to one of his call handlers just a min ago and she said that the calls are about half and half on this one so dont stop calling.

He also hasn't issued any statements on this as well.

This Sunday is the deadline.

If he does not sign it or veto it.....It becomes law.

EdinKali
10-11-2007, 1:23 PM
Called and opposed.

Exiledviking
10-11-2007, 1:33 PM
Done.

vf111
10-11-2007, 1:42 PM
Called from office # and from cell and expressed opposition. Will call from home tonight....

devjunk762
10-11-2007, 1:51 PM
Hey guys,

I'm not totally sure about the PBX system that's been installed in the gov's office, but it seems to me like it would be really easy to log the amount of time each caller spends navigating the system.

Do you think that they're actively logging the time spent by callers, and filtering out the calls where people brute-force-sequence-the-system? That is, if a caller spent less than 5 seconds hitting the key-sequence mentioned above, would they just discard the opinion because it would constitute "ballot stuffing"?

The only reason I bring this up is that I did a fair amount of programming on some "home-brewed" PBX-like systems on an embedded processor platform. Logging and timestamping, to sort out bogus calls, would seem like a logical option.

Harbinger
10-11-2007, 1:52 PM
On a uniden phone set (P is for pauses):

*67P19164452841PPPPPPP1PP2PP1PP2

:43:

Keep an ear to it, though... sometimes the lady doesn't let the phone push buttons at the time that they're scheduled to be hit.

Mike

jmlivingston
10-11-2007, 2:04 PM
The only reason I bring this up is that I did a fair amount of programming on some "home-brewed" PBX-like systems on an embedded processor platform.

Not to hijack this thread, but do you work with Asterisk?

John

devjunk762
10-11-2007, 2:09 PM
Not sure if Asterisk is a person, or a company, so I guess that the answer is "nope". :)

I'm just another geek HW/SW engineer, trying to keep the liberal-left at bay in Santa Cruz. :cool2:

This modified quote from the movie the "Lost Boys" comes to mind:
One thing about living in Santa Carla [Cruz] I never could
stomach. All the damn vampires [liberals]. :D

jmlivingston
10-11-2007, 2:11 PM
It's an open-source linux PBX system, there's a number of companies who have incorporated it into a hardware appliance.

Sorry guys, back on topic now.....

John

bwiese
10-11-2007, 2:23 PM
Hey guys,
do you think that they're actively logging the time spent by callers, and filtering out the calls where people brute-force-sequence-the-system? That is, if a caller spent less than 5 seconds hitting the key-sequence mentioned above, would they just discard the opinion because it would constitute "ballot stuffing"?

Asssume a late 80s analog PBX phone system. (Sure sounds like it on call handover.)

Some data is available from SMDR port. I'd bet there's no call processing software, or it's not configured, etc.

This is government, remember - and it can take a year just to get a contract squared away for analysis of a problem let along fixing/doing something about it.

12gaugederringer
10-11-2007, 2:33 PM
What's wrong with you people? Just because you can circumvent the system doesn't mean you should.

Spend your time writing a letter and fax it, I'm sure this holds more water than dial-a-vote. Better yet, go out and tell your friends, co-workers et cetra.

Harbinger
10-11-2007, 2:35 PM
What's wrong with you people? Just because you can circumvent the system doesn't mean you should.

Spend your time writing a letter and fax it, I'm sure this holds more water than dial-a-vote. Better yet, go out and tell your friends, co-workers et cetra.

So we should play nice while the Bradys play dirty? There's absolutely noting illegal about flooding an automated call logger with your repeated opinion.

Oh, and most of us HAVE written letters, emailed and faxed. What have you done?

Mike

WolfMansDad
10-11-2007, 2:38 PM
Playing nice and playing dirty aren't our only options. We can (and should) play hardball with integrity.

In the end, it's really the only way to win anyway.

12gaugederringer
10-11-2007, 2:38 PM
It's all about illegal/legal huh? That's sad.

Harbinger
10-11-2007, 2:42 PM

So, honestly... HONESTLY... you want to see a fair and balanced representation on this oh-so-scientific phone-based poll so that the Governor's staff can look at it and say, "Oh, look sir, one more example that the public wants microstamping!". Is that what you really want?

Mike

12gaugederringer
10-11-2007, 2:45 PM
Yes I'd want to see a fair representation (don't care about balanced), why wouldn't you?

Harbinger
10-11-2007, 2:49 PM
Yes I'd want to see a fair representation (don't care about balanced), why wouldn't you?

I will do anything that's legal to prevent firearms microstamping from becoming law. I guess this is the difference between you and me.

I must be fighting with no moral compass.

Mike

12gaugederringer
10-11-2007, 2:51 PM
I guess this is the difference between you and me. I must be fighting with no moral compass.

We'll I'm glad we agree, better get back to fighting than arguing with me.

bwiese
10-11-2007, 3:37 PM

Interesting comment, for a guy whose username is an illegal firearm in CA.

Creeping Incrementalism
10-11-2007, 4:04 PM
I called and spoke to one of his call handlers just a min ago and she said that the calls are about half and half on this one

I find that hard to believe, considering no one cares about this except gun-owners and Brady members, and gun-owners far outnumber the Bradies. Like all the online polls after the VT shootings were 10-1 against more gun control. If the call handler is telling the truth, then just about every Brady member in the state must be sitting by their phone, dialing non-stop.

Anyway, I faxed the Governor about a month ago, just called the number, and will send an email to a friend I know who will likely vote too.

BigDogatPlay
10-11-2007, 4:26 PM
I just hit it from my cell and from home. I'll hit it again later tonight. I've called at least a couple dozen times, sent three e-mails and a couple of snail mail letters.

We must do everything we can to encourage a veto. Bad law, based on bad technology.

chris
10-11-2007, 5:19 PM
the above kind of infighting i see here. this is why our gun laws in this state are F'd up. work together or lose it all. this microstamping bill is the nose under the tent. you all know where it's gonna go if it becomes law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dwtt
10-11-2007, 6:30 PM

What's wrong with you? You should write a letter and call. I did, will you? Don't circumvent the system. :rolleyes:

devjunk762
10-11-2007, 7:07 PM

Spend your time writing a letter and fax it, I'm sure this holds more water than dial-a-vote. Better yet, go out and tell your friends, co-workers et cetra. :rolleyes:

This is a war against our abilities to own firearms in the state of California. Do you honestly believe that the Brady Bunch isn't programming their people to "speed dial" as well? We have to meet, and defeat, the enemies of free firearms ownership head on.

However, I do agree with you that a snail-mail letter probably holds more weight than a computer tallied call. But, I don't want to discourage anyone from doing ANYTHING they can to defeat this bill, and if a phone call is all they can muster- I'll take it. :)

Cheers!

Solidmch
10-11-2007, 7:24 PM
I find that hard to believe, considering no one cares about this except gun-owners and Brady members, and gun-owners far outnumber the Bradies. Like all the online polls after the VT shootings were 10-1 against more gun control. If the call handler is telling the truth, then just about every Brady member in the state must be sitting by their phone, dialing non-stop.

Anyway, I faxed the Governor about a month ago, just called the number, and will send an email to a friend I know who will likely vote too.

Its probably Chris Daly sitting at home all day calling.

SemiAutoSam
10-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Cool so we can put a check mark next to the ballot box. Been there did that.

Next is the cartridge box. RIGHT ?

OK I tend to forget what order to use these boxes in.

Was the soap box next or did we already use that one ?

Keep this little tidbit in mind we need to use the cartridge box before they take it from us or all is lost.

Am I correct on that point at least ?

It doesn't surprise me either. The reason they say it's 50-50 is becase they aren't counting. They gave us that phone number so that we could feel we were actually doing something. So that we could feel that we're being good citizens by participating in our government. Haven't you people learned anything yet? Our rulers don't give two $^#ts about what you think, what you call in about, what you write letters about. Your letters go straight from the mailbox to the trash can. I feel like a tool for being conned into calling the governor's office.

This government we have here in CA is a JOKE. And the only thing Arnold "50-cal-banning" Schwarzenegger understands is votes. But, we're not getting anywhere with the ballot box either, since this state is full of liberal utopia-loving sheep.

It's sad, but all I can do now is laugh when I hear some chest thumping moron who hasn't even registered to vote tell me the 2nd amendment exists so that the people could retain the ability to overthrow a tyrannical government. Wake up folks: we've already had our second amendment rights taken away, and the tyrannical government hasn't even arrived yet! Through years of inaction, ignorance, and sloth, we've proven the 2nd amendment doesn't mean jack $#&t. Way to go California, way to go America. Land of the sheep, with liberty and justice for none.

Kestryll
10-12-2007, 11:43 AM
If you want to discuss 'use of the cartridge box to correct the Government' do it elsewhere, either by your choice or mine if it keeps coming up.

chris
10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
OK here is a question for you when is enough enough ? How much are you willing to take ?

Before you organise with a group and revolt against oppressive government ?

as long as you have a job and you get to keep enough $$$ from that job to survive on ?

at what point will you say this is it I have had enough ?

sam i have had enough. but i don't think people today will ever rise up against an oppressive gov. they are not civicly involved and have no idea what is happening. but the way things are going i do not like it at all. our elected officials are arrogant and drunk with power :mad: and they need to be reminded who is in charge of this country and state.

Kestryll
10-12-2007, 12:08 PM
OK here is a question for you when is enough enough ? How much are you willing to take ?

Before you organise with a group and revolt against oppressive government ?

as long as you have a job and you get to keep enough $$$ from that job to survive on ?

at what point will you say this is it I have had enough ?

I'm not referring to when is enough from the .gov, I am referring to the veiled or not so veiled threats and what will be tolerated here.

If you think we're at the point of organizing do it elsewhere.

Crazed_SS
10-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Does Arnold work on the weekend?

If he doesnt take action today, are we pretty much screwed?

Kestryll
10-12-2007, 12:13 PM
As for where my line in the sand is, I know where it is and it is firmly placed.
I am not however foolish enough to advertise it on an internet forum nor do I think that this would be the wisest place to 'rally the troops'.

odesskiy
10-12-2007, 12:15 PM
One way or the other, I'm pretty sure he's going to go through all the remaining bills before the deadline.

Bizcuits
10-12-2007, 12:17 PM
He did a bunch more on the 11th, vetoed a lot too.

VegasND
10-12-2007, 3:37 PM
Some things should not be discussed in a glib or casual manner. When they need to be talked about it should be with sober trepidation and care. To resort to desperate means is not something to ever be considered lightly or wished for. That the sheeple should come to and shake off their close-minded support for repression: that is something to be cheerfully hoped for.

As for where my line in the sand is, I know where it is and it is firmly placed.
I am not however foolish enough to advertise it on an internet forum nor do I think that this would be the wisest place to 'rally the troops'.

RRangel
10-12-2007, 4:51 PM
It's too bad we can't just know by actually looking at the link since it appears at least a day behind. I hope we'll know before it's listed on the site anyhow.

Please call and fax!

WolfMansDad
10-12-2007, 5:33 PM
Guys, it's WAY premature to talk of the cartridge box. We have only scratched the surface of the soap box so far. Also, with no disrespect to the excellent work people have done in the past, the ballot box is almost untouched for RKBA in California.