PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Parts on Preban Glock Mags?

Shumba
10-10-2007, 6:26 PM
Thank you

Tim

bwiese
10-10-2007, 7:35 PM
Hicap mags are allowed to be repaired.

No law restricts getting parts or rebuilding exsiting mags. *In theory*, over time all mag parts fail and enough new parts could be cycled in to replace worn parts that all parts of the mag differ from the original mag. Practically, it may make sense to always keep the orig. floorplate in place.

I believe Brownell's? and maybe Glock itself? sell mag tubes to CA. Others here will know better.

SFFRONTMAN
10-10-2007, 8:00 PM
Give glock a call, they rebuilt my preban mags at no charge.

NeoWeird
10-10-2007, 8:38 PM
Give glock a call, they rebuilt my preban mags at no charge.

Yeah but that requires giving up your mags for a time. Don't get me wrong, you can't beat free, but I don't want to be without a gun nor have to spend $30 to get a spare 10 rounder just to send my mags off for rebuilding.

Brownells sells Glock tubes. There was another place as well but I can't recall off the top of my head. I'll look around and if I find it I'll let you know.

ETA: Oh yeah, you might want to look into just leaving the state and buying a mag and taking it apart and/or having family/friends out of state do it for you. From what I remember when I looked into it myself the replacement parts come to almost twice the price of a complete magazine.

Blue
10-10-2007, 8:40 PM
you can't beat free, but I don't want to be without a gun nor have to spend $30 to get a spare 10 rounder just to send my mags off for rebuilding.

I'm sure you can find a 10rd mag for cheaper than $30. Plus even if he's out the cost of the 10rd mag, if Glock rebuilds them for free how's he gonna beat that buying all of the parts else where? I'd send them back to Glock!