PDA

View Full Version : Open Carrier asks VA college safety panel to allow self defense carry by students

Liberty1
10-10-2007, 1:48 AM
Gota love Virginia:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a5s3n0JBOi4

ts
10-10-2007, 2:14 AM
AHAHHAHAAH the text messaging got me

Inbox:
"You're about to be shot and killed like a fish in a barrel."

DedEye
10-10-2007, 2:18 AM
AHAHHAHAAH the text messaging got me

Inbox:
"You're about to be shot and killed like a fish in a barrel."

Honestly, :rolleyes:.

I liked the pro-CCW speakers. Very eloquent and rational.

Liberty1
10-10-2007, 2:54 AM
I love the shot of the cop in the front row. :) The mass panic and stampede for the door was obvious in that room. ;)

What is ironic is that students (adults over 21) with VA CHPs can carry concealed or open on campuses at which they are not students as it is the college regulations of their attending college and the potential discipline, not VA law, that is keeping them from carrying. Also any visitor is similarly not prohibited from carrying open without a permit or concealed with a CHP in public areas of colleges as the schools regulations do not apply.

tango-52
10-10-2007, 6:22 AM
What is ironic is that students (adults over 21) with VA CHPs can carry concealed or open on campuses at which they are not students as it is the college regulations of their attending college and the potential discipline, not VA law, that is keeping them from carrying. Also any visitor is similarly not prohibited from carrying open without a permit or concealed with a CHP in public areas of colleges as the schools regulations do not apply.

The same is true in Califronia. People with CAL CCWs can carry on all school grounds, K-12 and college. The only restrictions are placed by the school administration and only apply to their students and employees. However, if you are discovered CCWing, they can ask you to leave. If you do not comply, you can then be arrested for trespassing.