View Full Version : Look down the barrel.

10-09-2007, 6:03 PM
A few years back I was shooting Trap at Prado Olympic Shooting park. Some guy in his 60's was out there with his classy shotgun, I have no idea what it was but it looked nice. I think it was an o/u but it might have been a sxs. I was watching him shoot, waiting for him to finish. I could hear him talking to his friend about the re-loads he was using. I watch as he called a bird, pulled the trigger, and nothing happened the gun failed to fire. The guy immediately dropped the butt of the gun down to the concrete and looked straight down the barrel. I turned my head because I wasn't sure what was gonna happen but I didn't want to watch either. Luckily for this guy, it didn't take his head off, but it made me wonder how dumb a person's gotta be to pull a stunt like that.

10-09-2007, 6:08 PM
I've always wondered, if you have a round that fails to fire, what are you going to figure out by looking down the barrel? All the mechanics that make the round fire cannot be seen WHEN THERE'S A ROUND IN THE CHAMBER! Idiots.

10-09-2007, 6:12 PM
happens more than you think.no cure for dumbSure there is but, it's permanent and may involve carpet cleaning.:eek::D

10-09-2007, 6:31 PM
Are you smarter than a Fifth Grader - million dollar question?

What are the two most abundant elements in the universe?

Hydrogen and stupidity!

10-09-2007, 7:31 PM
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

10-09-2007, 7:46 PM
Sounds like he was looking for a Darwin award?