PDA

View Full Version : Non-CCW But Carry Question

ts
10-09-2007, 3:35 PM
Say I am walking around with a loaded concealed weapon. I get pulled over and I alert the officers of the weapon. I am arrested and charged. I get a kick *** lawyer and I am found not guilty of the crime somehow.

Does this mean I can carry a loaded pistol at all times because they cannot try me twice for the same crime?

What made me think of this is this guy had a knife that was illegal, he went into court and he was found innocent. He carries the court document around with him and he cannot be arrested for carrying that knife anymore.

This just poped into my head today, just out of curiosity.

Sidewaysammy
10-09-2007, 3:42 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. NOPE!!!

You cant be TRIED for the SAME CRIME, but you can be arrested for breaking the same LAW.

So if you rob a bank and you get off, does that mean you can keep on robbing banks??

:shrug:

ts
10-09-2007, 3:44 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. NOPE!!!

You cant be TRIED for the SAME CRIME, but you can be arrested for breaking the same LAW.

So if you rob a bank and you get off, does that mean you can keep on robbing banks??

:shrug:

Gotcha, so the knife was ruled to be legal and thats why he was allowed to keep carrying it. No more point to this thread I guess. Working on very little sleep right now.

mdhpper
10-09-2007, 3:47 PM
Walking around with a loaded firearm is a criminal offense. Even if you somehow get off you can be tried each and every time you commit the offense (like DUI).

The knife he carries was deemed legal so he carries proof, just like many of us do with OLL's. A loaded gun is a totally different story.

CitaDeL
10-09-2007, 6:02 PM
Walking around with a loaded firearm is a criminal offense. Even if you somehow get off you can be tried each and every time you commit the offense (like DUI).

The knife he carries was deemed legal so he carries proof, just like many of us do with OLL's. A loaded gun is a totally different story.

Walking around with a loaded weapon a criminal offense? I disagree,-- sometimes. Flag thrown for incomplete desimination of law.

According to PC 12031, you may not carry a loaded weapon in incorporated areas or prohibited areas of unincorporated territory. It is possible to carry a loaded, concealable weapon openly in a belt holster without a license without violating the law. Also, if what you were saying was completely true, hunting season would only be open to archery, because you cannot shoot a buck with an unloaded weapon.

aplinker
10-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Gotcha, so the knife was ruled to be legal and thats why he was allowed to keep carrying it. No more point to this thread I guess. Working on very little sleep right now.

Was this your super secret means to acquiring a CCW? :p

ts
10-10-2007, 12:43 AM
Hahaha. No. Just a funny thought that poped into my head.

ohsmily
10-10-2007, 8:38 AM
Say I am walking around with a loaded concealed weapon. I get pulled over and I alert the officers of the weapon. I am arrested and charged. I get a kick *** lawyer and I am found not guilty of the crime somehow.

Does this mean I can carry a loaded pistol at all times because they cannot try me twice for the same crime?

What made me think of this is this guy had a knife that was illegal, he went into court and he was found innocent. He carries the court document around with him and he cannot be arrested for carrying that knife anymore.

This just poped into my head today, just out of curiosity.

:confused: Are you kidding?

So, basically, the idea that popped into your head is that once you commit a crime and are adjudicated, you can then commit that crime over and over for the rest of your life and not suffer legal consequences because of "double jeopardy"...Wow...

MrTuffPaws
10-10-2007, 9:16 AM
WTF? Double jeopardy only applies to the same instance of a committed crime. In other words, you commit a crime. They try you and you get off. The authorities hold a grudge and arrest you for the same crime that you got off for. That is Double jeopardy.

If you commit a crime and get off, then go out and commit the same type of crime again, then you can get arrested and tried for the second offense legally.

BaronW
10-10-2007, 11:18 AM
By your logic, OJ can kill anyone he feels like now.

slick_711
10-10-2007, 11:28 AM
By your logic, OJ can kill anyone he feels like now.

Let's wait and see on that one. :rolleyes: