PDA

View Full Version : MS3 QD vs Standard MS3

TacticalChihuahua
03-01-2013, 6:06 PM
Which do you like more and why? I know that I want this sling. I just want to know which would work better. Worried that the MS3 QD attached to a noveske QD end plate could limit movement and rotation versus a standard MS3 clipped into an ASAP endplate. Also concerned witH the QD coming loose. Thanks!

MXRider
03-01-2013, 6:11 PM
I have never had a quality QD come loose, and my experience is pretty standard across the board. Most QD swivel failures are the result of crap Chinese swivels. The technology behind these fittings is very old and has been used in many fields of use including agriculture, military and automotive and motorcycle racing with great success.

Personally, I run a Noveske plate along with the sockets that come installed on my Centurion C4 and Knights Armament URX III rails. While I don't run a MS3, I do run a Vickers 2 point with QD swivels attached. Not once has a rifle dropped from the sling.

I feel the QD swivel gives you a greater choice of placement on the rifle over the hook type attachment.

Dhena81
03-01-2013, 6:15 PM
Your movement won't be limited I run a PIG 1 point slider QD with a Noveske QD end plate and it works fine.