View Full Version : San Jose Gun Buy Back

02-28-2013, 5:06 PM
The neighborhood association that I belong to sent this email out today (attachment)

So... I'm thinking of replying to the group (250 members) and offering $200 for functioning firearms, free of damage & rust. I'll let them know that my funds are limited, and send links to the flowcharts to make sure anything offered is free & clear.

Since I may go bankrupt this weekend, is there anyone in the San Jose area that would like to participate?

I'm also open to suggestions on how to word the email, but I'm going to be offline for a while (off to the range).

02-28-2013, 5:43 PM
im originally from milpitas, and i knew something like this was brewing.....but i cant believe the balls of these people. If you get contacted by anyone, let them know ill pay 400, no questions for any CA legal firearm

02-28-2013, 6:05 PM
How are you planning on doing this?
I thought PPT were supposed to go through an FFL.

02-28-2013, 6:18 PM
How are you planning on doing this?
I thought PPT were supposed to go through an FFL.

Jeez man, I'm going to use an ffl

02-28-2013, 6:22 PM
Why don't gun dealers go to these events and offer to buy the firearms at a slightly higher rate? They don't need to actually buy the firearms on the spot, but refer the people to their shop to sell them there.

02-28-2013, 6:56 PM
My brother said he got $200 for rust free functioning firearm... and of course it will be trasfered thru an ffl.

03-01-2013, 9:59 AM
Well, I posted this (flame suit on):

If you've accumulated more guns than you want and simply wish to get rid of a few safely, or have inherited guns from deceased family members and have no desire for these weapons:

I'll pay $200 for your legally owned & functional handgun, shotgun, or rifle (that are free of damage/rust)It would not be anonymous of course, as the transfer must be completed legally at a FFL.

Clearly, I have no interest in Assault weapons, so feel free to drop those off at the fairgrounds.

Please reply to me directly if interested
(funds are limited)

03-07-2013, 2:12 PM
Any takers?

03-07-2013, 5:07 PM
Nope :(

I'm going to take that as everyone in my neighborhood is perfectly happy with their firearms... Wouldn't have minded getting a deal & saving something nice from destruction tho.

Dizturbed One
03-08-2013, 10:43 AM
So you mean no one in your neighborhood is a total moron?

lol, sorry, but that's all I can think of when I see these programs. Who can't sell ANY firearm for more than they offer in a blink of an eye...

Next time it rolls around, put me on the list for a couple $200 guns! lol

03-23-2013, 5:56 AM
I think its no because people that turn in the gun for money know its gettng destroyed, ie will not possibly be used in some crime. That would take away the "good" feeling they may get. You had to give it a go as some dont care and just want it out of the house for whatever reason and will take the money

03-23-2013, 8:31 AM
what you do is turn in all the cheap crappy guns and go buy AR's and AK's with the money. lol