PDA

View Full Version : Interesting info from IOR

Prc329
10-08-2007, 9:42 AM
I just called IOR about getting one of the larger knobs for my IOR. The gentlemen I spoke with said no dice. The larger elevation knob also comes with a completely reworked mechanism so you could not just transplant the knob.

Now here is where it gets interesting. They just received a shipment of 4x14x50 illuminated MP8 reticle scopes with the larger elevation knob. The MAP on the scope is $1050. The scope will get 25moa of elevation adjustment in one turn.

I want one. I think I may sell my current one for this bad boy. I may have finally found a reason not to get a USO.

PistolPete75
10-08-2007, 10:02 AM
i'm getting the us optics since it's a FFP, and for hold over shooting. if i mis dial my scope, and someone spots me and says i'm 1 mil too high, i can just redial in using the metric dials or hold over 1 mil at any power.

in addition, i can effectively use my modified mildot recticle at any power for ranging.

rksimple
10-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Thats not a bad price at all! If I were an MOA guy, I'd be all over that. I really want to standardize everything to mil/mil and FFP, though. USO is where its at right now. Unless I want an S&B...which I do...must resist...credit card debt...

BTW Pete, the instructor at the course I went to is organizing a group buy on USO's. Should be some discounts. Let me know.

PistolPete75
10-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Thats not a bad price at all! If I were an MOA guy, I'd be all over that. I really want to standardize everything to mil/mil and FFP, though. USO is where its at right now. Unless I want an S&B...which I do...must resist...credit card debt...

BTW Pete, the instructor at the course I went to is organizing a group buy on USO's. Should be some discounts. Let me know.

i got a 10% discount from John, so it's all good. i ordered one, right after i had a dream about it. took it as a sign, and sent my check in.

made some changes to my original design, went with a sn3 tpal version for the side parallex adjustments, 35mm tubing, in the gap milradian recticle, with metric dials, red illumination, with the low profile eyepiece.

Prc329
10-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I know they made the SH is metric. I wonder would they make my version. I think I am going to stick with IOR for now. I would love a USO but for the performance I have gotten from my IOR I just can't justify it.

PistolPete75
10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
yep, this scope is my last major purchase in firearms for a long, long time. i promised myself to concentrate on working, and paying off my house. no more spending for me excpept for reloading components.

rksimple
10-08-2007, 10:53 AM
i got a 10% discount from John, so it's all good. i ordered one, right after i had a dream about it. took it as a sign, and sent my check in.

made some changes to my original design, went with a sn3 tpal version for the side parallex adjustments, 35mm tubing, in the gap milradian recticle, with metric dials, red illumination, with the low profile eyepiece.

Good call. I'm still toying with the idea of the tpal, but in 30mm. What obj size did you go with?

Prc329
10-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Is there any real advantage to going with a 35mm tube?

PistolPete75
10-08-2007, 10:55 AM
the tpal only comes in the 44mm objective.

i plan on getting the polarized lens with it, so i went with the tpal. wish it was a little bigger, but i should be real happy with it.

PistolPete75
10-08-2007, 10:56 AM
35mm is stronger, and has more elevation. i plan on keeping this scope for a long, long, long time.

Prc329
10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
What was the lead time on the USO? I think I may move my IOR to my 223 after tax time then try and decide between a USO and the new IOR. As much as I would love a USO I will probably end up with an IOR if the wife disagrees with my reasoning.

Unless I decide to part with my Projector. I could probably get $2000+ for it.

PistolPete75
10-08-2007, 11:00 AM
that is the crappy part about uso. 4months!!!

i won't be shooting my new rifle till like in feb. once i get the whole rifle complete, then the shooting and logging will take place.

Prc329
10-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I hate waiting. First 10 days. Then I gotta wait 6 weeks for my barrel. **** that ****.

PistolPete75
10-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I hate waiting. First 10 days. Then I gotta wait 6 weeks for my barrel. **** that ****.

instant gratification, i know all about it. firearms and instant gratification comes hand in hand. it'll be a long 4 month wait, but i don't mind the wait since it'll be worth waiting for.

this should be my last .308 rifle i put together. gotta save the best for last.

Prc329
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I think I'm just going to sell the IOR and buy one of the new ones.

AKman
10-10-2007, 8:26 PM
I just got an IOR and mounted it on a .308 last night. I was up at 0600 to take a look at the pre-dawn light transfer and was quite pleased. I have two different Zeiss scopes (34 mm tubes) on hunting rifles and the IOR (35 mm tube) was just as good, if not better.