PDA

View Full Version : Kahr PM9: Is the new production sorted?

jmancini
10-07-2007, 5:58 PM
I know the PM9 had 'issues' when it first came out, those are well documented. Left a bad taste in peoples mouths, but most guns have issues when they're first released. I also know there's a lot of fans of the PM9 out there who say they've never had an issue.

My question is this:

Are the current PM9s sorted out and reliable now, or are people still having issues?

If you've purchased a PM9 in the last 6 months or so, have you had any issues with it at all?

TIA

maxicon
10-08-2007, 9:34 AM
I've got a PM9 with night sights that I traded a Sig P239 for. I think it's about 1.5-2 years or so old.

It's been very reliable - no issues so far, with a variety of ammo. It's accurate, too, despite the long trigger pull. I've been happy with it, and it's my favorite sub-compact right now.

Knifemaker
10-08-2007, 9:41 AM
I recently got the P45 and it has been perfect, none of the problems like when they first came out.I have about 500 rounds through it now and not a single feed or jam since I bought it. Frame rails still look great no strange wear anywhere.

adamsreeftank
10-09-2007, 12:24 AM
I bought a PM40 recently, and had trouble with it. If I used the extended magazine it would jam. Occaisionally it would jam with a short magazine as well.

I called the factory and talked to a guy who described the probable cause. He offered to fix the gun or send me parts to do it, which is what I did. I replaced the recoil spring assembly with a new one that had a larger engagement surface. I also filed a bit off the slide stop where there was some copper transfer from the bullets. Now it has been 100% reliable for 300-400 rounds. It is accurate, but I still have trouble shooting it well because of the long trigger pull and the sharp recoil.

It is nice having a 40SW that would fit in a shirt pocket...