PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! I Have A Glock Sickness (Pics Added)

PLINK
10-06-2007, 4:41 PM
Today I bought another Glock. This is the 3rd one in 3 months. This one I could not pass up as the chance to get another one is slim especially in CA. I have a friend who works at a gun shop call me today to tell me he has a gun on consignment that I will be interested in. It's a Gen II Glock G24. I beleive it is all original and barely shot. This thing is clean and the pins have not even been pushed out of the frame. The common inside slide wear is minimal suggesting very little usage. Finish is about 95% with some handling marks. No original box or papers. Best part it was $525 plus fees. I did not even give it a second thought.

Anyway, I know this thread is worthless without pics but it is in 10 day lockup.

I think I am going to cut up my HSC a long with my CC.

I do not plan on racing with this one. It's way too nice.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/PLINK223/HG/G241.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/PLINK223/HG/G242.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/PLINK223/HG/G243.jpg

Family of .40's except for the outcast .45 on the bottom left.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/PLINK223/HG/GFamilyLG.jpg

ghost
10-06-2007, 5:40 PM
i feel you there plink i picked up my first glock a 3 weeks ago and now i want another one;)

Schlamoo
10-06-2007, 8:35 PM
Oh Plink, Friends don't let friends drive Glocks!::( Come on over sometime and we'll have a 1911 intervention.......:p Naw, heck if you got a good deal and ya like it then why not? I used to be into Glocks. I had a 22, 23, 24, 27, and a 35. I liked the 35 the best. Accurate (as plastic can be, again just kidding) and recoil was rather mild. The only reason I got out of the Glocks was lack of an external hammer, that is important to me. Congrats on your find. :hurray:

Greg-Dawg
10-06-2007, 9:43 PM
Glad to hear about another sickness. Just picked this up last week...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/NewG23007.jpg

And 10 shot results at 15 yards:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/10-5RangeReport003.jpg

SFFRONTMAN
10-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Im always looking for a 17l or 24. Its really hard to stop at 4 glocks....

PLINK
10-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Oh Plink, Friends don't let friends drive Glocks!::( Come on over sometime and we'll have a 1911 intervention.......:p

LoL.

I can buy two, three, probably even four Glocks for the price of one of your fancy, so tight they jam on a grain of sand, ammo and mag picky, safe queen 1911's. :p

The only semi-auto's that don't jam at the match are what????? Yep, that's right, Glocks (and the other poly guns too). No thumb safety excuse here.

They can be 3 generations old, shot 20,000 plus times (which is barely broke in) and still be worth at least 75 to 80% of it's orginal value.

All kidding aside I do have two 1911's left and they are great guns. 1911's in .40 S&W rock. And I do own a G35 with 20,000 plus rounds through it which is my current race gun.

want_ar
10-07-2007, 12:08 AM
I can buy two, three, probably even four Glocks for the price of one of your fancy, so tight they jam on a grain of sand, ammo and mag picky, safe queen 1911's. j/k :p

The difference between a well tuned 1911 and a Glock is like a classy lady and a plain bumpkin. With the former, you are in heaven. With the latter, you keep changing them and trying out more, as your buying habits indicate :p :p

PLINK
10-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Come on now. Ask any 1911 owner how many 1911's they have. They either have more than one or they want more than one. Hell I have two. They keep buying more because they are trying to find one that does not need a "Break in" period.:p

Glock owners never heard of the "break in" period or round count.

Really, I am not compairing the two directly. They are both fine guns. Both have pros and cons.

leelaw
10-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Come on now. Ask any 1911 owner how many 1911's they have. They either have more than one or they want more than one. Hell I have two. They keep buying more because they are trying to find one that does not need a "Break in" period.:p

I own two. I will own more.

The first was self-built and done for my own information and entertainment. It's needed no break-in period and is accurate as heck.

The second is one I bought because I wanted a second since I like the platform. Glock, Sig, 1911, other; "because I want another" is good enough for me. :D

1911whore
10-07-2007, 8:52 AM
I too have a sickness. I love guns, they are my crack. I am a bit partial to 1911s but in all honesty that is dues to the fact my first pistol is a 1911. It is a kimber and i will die with that gun. BUT I LOVE my g35 and it serves over the last 2 years as my idpa SSP gun. I change 1911s like underwear(just kidding) but i have owned a LOT of them. all my springers have since been sold. i am down to 3 1911s now my kimber classic custom series 1, custom built caspian, and the Kimber bp10-2. I have a small glock wish list. g34, a g21, and a g17

dee-vee
10-07-2007, 9:08 AM
I am very tempted to get my first glock, cant beat the price.

Boomer1961
10-07-2007, 9:32 AM
Today I bought another Glock. This is the 3rd one in 3 months. This one I could not pass up as the chance to get another one is slim especially in CA. I have a friend who works at a gun shop call me today to tell me he has a gun on consignment that I will be interested in. It's a Gen II Glock G24. I beleive it is all original and barely shot. This thing is clean and the pins have not even been pushed out of the frame. The common inside slide wear is minimal suggesting very little usage. Finish is about 95% with some handling marks. No original box or papers. Best part it was $525 plus fees. I did not even give it a second thought.

Anyway, I know this thread is worthless without pics but it is in 10 day lockup.

I think I am going to cut up my HSC a long with my CC.

I do not plan on racing with this one. It's way too nice.

The good news is that CA laws will protect you and your family from going broke.

Now lets see, if I assume you are 30, and you buy GLOCK's till your 65, then the theoretical maximum you can buy is 35 X 12 = 420. Assuming and average cost of $450 per including DROS translates to $189,000 which is just a fraction of your earning potential...

......see big government is good for you. Without them you might end up spending all your money on GLOCKS. You, your wife, your kids, would all be destitute and homeless. Thanks to the 30 day rule, you are protected from this disease.

SEE, I bet you never would have thought you would have been pro 30 day rule.:D

want_ar
10-07-2007, 9:43 AM
Hell I have two.

Polygamy must be fun :p :p

All jokes aside, I agree they are just different guns. I have to get a Glock at some point but the numbering system confuses the heck out of me. If I get one, I'll go for a tan or a two tone model.

supersonic
10-07-2007, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE=want_ar;782496]The difference between a well tuned 1911 and a Glock is like a classy lady and a plain bumpkin.

OOOOoooohhhh! Sorry, as I thought you said "BLUMPKIN." Nevermind. Carry on.:p

KenpoProfessor
10-07-2007, 1:26 PM
I just bought my 3rd Glock yesterday, a (what looked like a never fired) G30 LNIB with all stock stuff IB. Had it at the range an hour later drilling 1/2" holes in the bull. Best gun for the price at $432 OTD at a pawnshop just down the street from me. Wierd part about it is, I just bought a .440 Corbon barrel for my G21SF on GB, it wasn't for a G21, it was for the G30. Guy tried to wrangle me about not giving me a refund (told me I don't know what I'm talking about, it cycled fine in a G21, which was impossible) so I sent him pics of the discrepancy and gave him a neg rating for misadvertisment. He's lucky I bought the G30 that day or I would've been trying to sell that barrel.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=81017074

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Grouch
10-07-2007, 1:45 PM
What is so great about an old G24?

CSACANNONEER
10-07-2007, 1:53 PM
3 Kimbers + 1 previously issued Colt + many other handguns = 0 Glocks

PLINK
10-07-2007, 2:52 PM

-Glock did not make very many of them
-Glock no longer makes them (replaced by the G35),
-can be great IPSC guns
-If you reload for IPSC you could cut your powder back 10 to 15% (going from a G35 to a G24) due to getting more velocity out of the longer barrel. This resulting with the same power factor as the G35.
-this one is in near mint condition
-it is no longer on the CA list.

The only way you can get them in CA is through a private party transfer.

That about wraps it up on why I purchased it.

glockk9mm
10-07-2007, 3:11 PM
Glad to hear about another sickness. Just picked this up last week...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/NewG23007.jpg

And 10 shot results at 15 yards:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/10-5RangeReport003.jpg

Is that an od frame?

CSDGuy
10-07-2007, 3:17 PM
Polygunny must be fun :p :p

All jokes aside, I agree they are just different guns. I have to get a Glock at some point but the numbering system confuses the heck out of me. If I get one, I'll go for a tan or a two tone model.

Fixed it for ya... :D

bobfried
10-07-2007, 4:05 PM
Real easy, pick up a glock in .45, fire 500 rounds through it in a 2 hours time frame. Than do the same with an Hk USP45 than with a 1911.

After 1,500 rounds of .45 you will see exactly why the 1911 owns both the Glock and the HK when it comes to shooting fast and accurately.

Do it all in one day and try to even pull the trigger on the Glock, you won't be able to. That trigger is atrocious after about 300 rounds. Heck I've resorted to using the middle finger just to get to the 500 rounds mark. So yeah, I gave Glock the middle finger.

And Glocks were the only 3 weapon that have ever had catastrophic failures on me, everything else have never even came close to killing me as a Glock. These were well maintained guns that was inspected very carefully before the shooting session. 3 seperate incidents, in 3 different calibers, shooting different newly manufactured ammos, all failed on me. While they did imprive it with the Gen 3, it will be a cold day in hell when I buy another one.

In contrast I have never had a single CATASTROPHIC failure with my HK's and my 1911's and I have had at least 10,000 rounds through each platform. The HK's especailly have never had a single failure while the 1911 have only failed with crappy mags.

kris&bela
10-08-2007, 11:18 AM
You are SICK!!!! We live once and theres nothing we can do about it, so have fun with your toys.........

TMC
10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey theres room of everyone. I shoot/compete mostly 1911 type guns but I do have 7 Glocks and have shot them successfully. Right now I have a certificate for another but I can't decide if I should get another Glock or just sell the cert.

Greg-Dawg
10-08-2007, 1:27 PM
Is that an od frame?

Correct. Glock in OD Green. No such thing as tan.

glockman19
10-08-2007, 2:24 PM
I've got it too. Must be really contagious.

DIG
10-08-2007, 3:00 PM
I've got it too. Must be really contagious.

ditto. I want one of each flavor.
I found a place back in WI that's pretty cheap ...not sure if it's a blessing or a curse ;) I saved almost $100 going through these guys ... glockworld.com

Black Majik
10-08-2007, 4:47 PM
If I'm gonna have a sickness of some sort, I'm glad it's the Glock sickness.

They're just sooo moddable, and easy to tinker with. :cool2:

yellowsulphur
10-08-2007, 10:07 PM

What everyone else said plus you get over 1 1/2 inches more sight radius than a Glock 22.

ar15barrels
10-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Next time someone runs into a 3rd gen 17 or a 35, let me know.
I need one to build another comp gun with... :)

Boomer1961
10-08-2007, 10:25 PM

Huh....???

Its higher than a GLOCK 23...

....all kidding aside it is for folks with such thinking that make them great pistoleros with just $400 that makes the GLOCK the AK, Winchester, Colt peacemaker, Brown Bess..of our time.

Gooooooooo Gooooooooo GLOCK!

GlockOn
10-08-2007, 10:46 PM
As you all might be able to tell from my name, I too am addicted to the Glock. I remember growing up my Dad had and still does have a G17 and G20. I used to tell him that I would never own a Glock. I thought they were ugly and I complained about them all looking the same... This past Thursday I picked up my 5th Glock... I can't explain it. I love them with a passion. I recently decided to try something different, so I picked up and FNH FNP-40. WOW, went to the range, and realized, "Why did I buy this POS over a Glock?" I tell people all the time, I originally wanted variety in my pistol collection, but when you can get something you LOVE for half the price of something that may or may not work out, why take the risk. I eventually want a 1911 and I understand the appeal, but as for my everyday shooter, and the gun I want to have if my life is on the line......I LOVE MY GLOCKS. As for those who gripe about not having enough safeties, learn how to handle a gun, and you shouldn't have a problem... We should always be cautious when handling guns, whether they have 15 safeties or not.

Pvt. Cowboy
10-08-2007, 11:24 PM
What amazes me is the price some people are willing to pay for a Glock 17L. A used one sells for twice what they were when new, typically. Maybe it's even higher.

Back when I got my Glocks in the late '80s, those 17L models sat in the display case like ugly ducklings. Gun stores couldn't get rid of those things even if they stuck a $100 bill up the magazine well. There was a time when I could have bought a pillowcase full of them for $375 each, NIB. :sleeping:

I think I even remember when they offered the long slide .40 S&W model and people laughed when they saw it. I don't know how many Glock sold, but I think that is was a big flip flappity flop in the sales department.

psriley
10-08-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm not even sure how to spell glock.

Shoot any CZ, Sig, HK, or especially, any quality 1911, and you will forget how to spell glock also.

I have an XD (sp?) plastomatic that I keep around in case someone is stupid enough to invade my home. I know the round will fire and it will likely impact in my zip code, probably somewhere really bleedy on the BG, if that's where I aimed it. If it were to get confiscated in the ensuing investigation, I'd just tack another onto my Saturday shopping list between the Worcestershire sauce and the Yoo-Hoo.

ar15barrels
10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm not even sure how to spell glock.

Shoot any CZ, Sig, HK, or especially, any quality 1911, and you will forget how to spell glock also.

My main competition handgun is an EAA Witness which some would recognize as an italian clone of the CZ75.
It's an all steel 9mm gun.
I shoot it very well, but I have also shot glocks in competition for years-at-a-time.

3gun rules have been changing on how you unload a handgun when transitioning to a long gun.
It used to be that you could drop the mag, shoot it empty and drop it on the table.
EVERYONE had to leave an empty gun on the table.
Now there are matches that are allowing the gun to be chambered as long as the safety is engaged.
Of course this is faster than dropping the mag and racking or dropping the mag and firing.
The problem with 1911's (and my witness) is that it has an external safety which can get dis-engaged while you are putting the gun on the table, or possibly while picking up the shotgun if you bump the handgun.
This leaves a loaded gun off-safe on the table and it will get you a match DQ. :eek:
It happened to a few guys (even grand masters) at Mystery Mountain this year.

The major advantage to the glock is that it has no external safeties to engage and you can just ditch it on the table and grab the shotgun.

That's why I am going back to the glock.

yellowsulphur
10-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Im always looking for a 17l or 24. Its really hard to stop at 4 glocks....

Lone Wolf Distributors are going to produce stainless uppers for the 17L, 24, 20, 21, and should be available by January. I believe the price was $175 for the slide only. I know its not a legit 17L or 24, but I'm excited :D.

Yes I have prototype Lone Wolf stainless slides in 17,22,19,23 in hand today. The G22 slides are available for sale today. The 17 & 19 should be available in a week or less. The 34,35 will be available in 4 to 6 weeks. The 17L & 24 following about the same time the 20 and 21 arrive. We will have all Glock slides available by SHOT (Jan).

You will be able to purchase any slide you want as a bare slide only. This way you can build it as you want it or choose one of our complete "drop in" custom slides available in limited class, open class or L-series.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=764936&perpage=25&highlight=&pagenumber=1

PLINK
11-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Pics Added

Max-the-Silent
11-06-2007, 6:40 AM
Real easy, pick up a glock in .45, fire 500 rounds through it in a 2 hours time frame. Than do the same with an Hk USP45 than with a 1911.

After 1,500 rounds of .45 you will see exactly why the 1911 owns both the Glock and the HK when it comes to shooting fast and accurately.

Do it all in one day and try to even pull the trigger on the Glock, you won't be able to. That trigger is atrocious after about 300 rounds. Heck I've resorted to using the middle finger just to get to the 500 rounds mark. So yeah, I gave Glock the middle finger.

And Glocks were the only 3 weapon that have ever had catastrophic failures on me, everything else have never even came close to killing me as a Glock. These were well maintained guns that was inspected very carefully before the shooting session. 3 seperate incidents, in 3 different calibers, shooting different newly manufactured ammos, all failed on me. While they did imprive it with the Gen 3, it will be a cold day in hell when I buy another one.

In contrast I have never had a single CATASTROPHIC failure with my HK's and my 1911's and I have had at least 10,000 rounds through each platform. The HK's especailly have never had a single failure while the 1911 have only failed with crappy mags.

I'll stipulate that Glocks in major calibers are more likely to KB than a 1911 or USP.

Unless you're restricted by Departmental or competition sanctioning rules, there is an easy fix - Bar-Sto, Stormlake, Wilson, etc. all make great replacement barrels for the major caliber Glocks. Installing a barrel with a throat that's not as deeply cut in the chamber solves the problem.

quickgunner
11-06-2007, 6:52 AM
Pardon the pun, but I'm down with the sickness too... but mine does not stop at the glock... it doesn't even stop at 1911, I just love firearms. Mine, yours, new, antique... I'm a fan... I don't need to shoot em all, but they are nice to look at.

eckerph
11-06-2007, 9:48 AM
:puke: Buy two 1911's and call me in the morning.

quickgunner
11-06-2007, 10:05 AM
:puke: Buy two 1911's and call me in the morning.

Thats the best advice I've never paid for. Will you become my primary care doctor?

grim1U
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
"Pardon the pun, but I'm down with the sickness too... but mine does not stop at the glock... it doesn't even stop at 1911, I just love firearms. Mine, yours, new, antique... I'm a fan... I don't need to shoot em all, but they are nice to look at."

Amen brother, Amen.:cheers2:

eckerph
11-06-2007, 1:35 PM
Thats the best advice I've never paid for. Will you become my primary care doctor?

Sorry, my specialty is Gynecology and i strictly work pro bono.