PDA

View Full Version : A Brand and an Acronym: Krylon + MRP

bobfried
10-06-2007, 5:27 AM
Inspired by MrLogan MRP and a recent conversation with Randall (coincidentally we were also talking about MrLogan P-mag) when I had some work done at his shop have inspired me to do something I'm sure some of you will cringe at. Randall, cover your eyes, I said I never would but here it is, HAHA!

Krylon + MRP =

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4505/img0162nj7.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8499/img0165jm5.jpg

And yes, with all the gadgets and technology doodads on this thing, those are indeed cut up bicycle inner tubes.

SemiAutoSam
10-06-2007, 8:15 AM
That's too pretty to take out and shoot!!!

Do you shoot it or just look at it hanging on a wall ?

I would be afraid to scratch the paint.

Its beautiful.

tenpercentfirearms
10-06-2007, 8:32 PM
you just need a flip up front sight and then that would be a great build.

gn3hz3ku1*
10-06-2007, 8:38 PM
you just need a flip up front sight and then that would be a great build.

haha i was thinking the same thing.. all that money might as well just get a flip up too

MrLogan
10-06-2007, 9:23 PM
Looking pretty good there. :D

bobfried
10-06-2007, 9:35 PM
Sam - Of course it will be used, it is only Krylon after all, a quick touch up spray is only a rattle away.

10% - Nah I'm going to keep it the way it is, I've gone through half a dozen flip up front sights and have not find anyone of them to be satisfactory. I had Troys on my last MRP with a TA31F, I was less than thrill with the damage to my ACOG when I took it through some tough woods out in Texas. I've also had more than one flip up BUIS get bent out of shape on me after an accidental bump in the wrong place. It's not so much the mounting points or even the sights themselves, but any flip up BUIS has a fatal flaw, that being a lock up detent; if it doesn't have one I don't like it, if it has one it's liable to break when bumped against say a giant steel crate. That LMT BUIS is the way to go if you want soldier proof design and actual protection for any optic.