PDA

View Full Version : Don Perata Supports CCWs for Self-Defense!

Paladin
10-05-2007, 3:37 PM
(Taken from another thread, turned into a new one to make sure as many people who might bump into Don read it. Background: Don Perata has a CA CCW because he's afraid that pro-gun people might attack him for his anti-gun legislation.)

Let's not forget Don "Pistol Packin'" Perata, he has a permit, but dosn't want us to have one."Pistol Packin' Perata" -- we've all got to use that whenever we can, in letters to editors, on web forums, wherever.

If you ever see him on the street or in a public meeting (e.g., at some protest march) or private meeting (e.g., a Brady Campaign fundraiser), be sure to call out in a LOUD voice, "Hey, Don! Are you still carrying a concealed handgun?"

If Don thinks a CCW is the best way for a person to protect his life, that's good enough for me. Let's make his endorsement common knowledge. Let's use it as a selling point to liberals who are against CCWs.

I mean, Don must support CCWs since he has one himself and everyone knows only conservatives and Christians are hypocrites, right? :rolleyes:

CCWFacts
10-05-2007, 3:54 PM
Don Perata has a CA CCW because he's afraid that pro-gun people might attack him for his anti-gun legislation.

In other words, he's trying to convince us that guns are not good for self-defense and that is making some people very angry so he needs to carry a gun for self-defense.

With logic like that you wonder about his decision making in other areas too.

thedrickel
10-05-2007, 4:51 PM
The only logic involved is "who are you and how much $$ will you give me."

dfletcher
10-05-2007, 5:04 PM
I think Perata may be on to something. Follow the logic here.

Remember when you were in the military, back in basic or tech school? If you wanted to get out - and they knew you wanted to get out - they'd never in a million years let you out. But if you wanted to stay in - and they knew you wanted to stay in - but you had some sort of problem like sleepwalking, flat feet or bedwetting, they'd let you out.

We like guns and want a CCW, but they know we like guns and want a CCW. Peratta doesn't like guns but has a CCW. Therefore, the best way for us to get a CCW is to convince them that we don't like guns. Simple.

ldivinag
10-05-2007, 5:20 PM
The only logic involved is "who are you and how much $$ will you give me."

or

"all men are created equal... i'm just more equal than you..."

RAD-CDPII
10-05-2007, 6:22 PM
Thanks for continuing my comments. Here is a link from another site to PPP's 1999 Good Cause letter.
http://familyfriendsfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39355

gazzavc
10-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Ah yes Don Perata with a CCW, the lovely gentleman who brought you SB23

To whom I have but one thing to say..............

YOU HYPOCRITICAL TOERAG !!!

Ahhh, much better