PDA

View Full Version : For those who are GCA members... CMP order questions.

pklin1297
02-25-2013, 7:55 AM
Do you have to wait to have your membership card before you can send a copy in with CMP order? I chose to have GCA send my membership info automatically to the CMP when I signed up, but unsure if that is sufficient for proof of affiliation, not to mention I don't know my member ID number yet... what do you guys think? And how long does it usually take to get your membership package after signing up?

Also, the CMP website mentions that you can use C&R license to satisfy the "firearms related activity" requirement for ordering, but it also said that live firing is required for this requirement, so I'm a bit confused whether my C&R license is enough?

Thanks.

cycle61
02-25-2013, 8:44 AM
California HSC card is considered sufficient, I doubt the C&R license would.

The GCA emails a copy of your membership information, I suppose you could print that out and include it as well.

the_tunaman
02-25-2013, 8:49 AM
If you have a range card, or some membership affiliation with a club, they will accept that as proof.

You can likely also send a copy of the receipt for the GCA membership which you should have gotten at the time you signed up, and if they need your full membership you will have the information by the time they request the additional evidence.

Exodus343
02-25-2013, 8:59 AM
I have a GCA membership
Just not the money to buy a Garand :(
Lol

ThemBastards
02-25-2013, 9:38 AM
Do you have to wait to have your membership card before you can send a copy in with CMP order? I chose to have GCA send my membership info automatically to the CMP when I signed up, but unsure if that is sufficient for proof of affiliation, not to mention I don't know my member ID number yet... what do you guys think? And how long does it usually take to get your membership package after signing up?

Also, the CMP website mentions that you can use C&R license to satisfy the "firearms related activity" requirement for ordering, but it also said that live firing is required for this requirement, so I'm a bit confused whether my C&R license is enough?

Thanks.

This is my plan as well. As far as I have read the C&R and the GCA membership should fulfill the requirements. If I am wrong I would like to know before I get my C&R in the mail. Anybody confirm or deny?

Eljay
02-25-2013, 9:44 AM
You're good.
1. The GCA membership satisfies the club membership. WHen you get the GCA membership check the box that the CMP can see the data. When you fill out the CMP form write GCA Pending or something similar. They'll look you up in the database they get weekly from the GCA.
2. The markmanship *or other firearms related activity* section is confusing. There are items on one line that should be on two. The C&R definitely counts, as does getting a HSC card as somebody mentioned previously.
3. If there's a problem they'll contact you - you don't lose your place in line or anything, so if there were a problem you would be able to email or fax them the membership card later.

pklin1297
02-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Awesome, good to know...

I think I might go the "overkill" route and include my passport, C&R, HSC, GCA membership purchase receipt and see if they'll come back to ask me for more... Heck, if I get my COE back from Sacramento before I send in the order I'll send that in also.

By the way, I only see one page (I think 2A) on the Universal Purchase Agreement and Certification where the Notary has to notarize, what else do I need to bring to the Notary and have notarized for the first order? Thanks.

pklin1297
02-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Never mind my questions, I'm just repeating the CMP ordering thread above, I'll do my digging there... Thanks.

af240z
02-25-2013, 12:35 PM
I sent in my packet with HSC copy and GCA receipt (GCA also submits membership directly to CMP), and I got the DBU letter, so they accepted my packet/order.