PDA

View Full Version : residency question

sava6e
10-05-2007, 12:26 PM
heres the deal, i go to school out of state and would like to buy some 49 state safe pistols :) and when i come back to california be able to register them so 1: how long do i need to be a resident of another state to be able to once i change residency back to CA be able to register them. 2: to what extent do i need to change residency, i.e. do i need to register all my vehicles with the new state etc. etc. or just change my residency? oh also for future reference does anyone know of a place in reno nv that rents safe space for toys shoudl i choose to purchase that i woudl have to keep out of state?

Hunter
10-05-2007, 1:57 PM
heres the deal, i go to school out of state and would like to buy some 49 state safe pistols :) and when i come back to california be able to register them so 1: how long do i need to be a resident of another state to be able to once i change residency back to CA be able to register them. 2: to what extent do i need to change residency, i.e. do i need to register all my vehicles with the new state etc. etc. or just change my residency? oh also for future reference does anyone know of a place in reno nv that rents safe space for toys shoudl i choose to purchase that i woudl have to keep out of state?

You need to first have the full intention of making your new home in that state. You then need to support this by registering your vehicles (at least one), getting a new driver's license, filing your voter registration in the new state and file any state income tax returns for that state. Meantime you will be able to show via utility bills and rental/lease/owership documents that you have a physical place there.

When you come back to CA, you do it all over again.

Smokeybehr
10-05-2007, 1:59 PM
1. Rent an apartment or house there; pay the utilities.
2. Get an ID from that state (not a Driver's License) with your rental unit's address.
3. Register to vote there.
5. PROFIT!

When you bring your toys back, they have to be Cali-neutered, and you can only bring back low-cap mags. You can bring back all your toys as long as they don't break the AW laws. If you have handguns, you can bring them back, just make sure that you do the voluntary registration thing through DOJ.