PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a member of the Visalia Sportsmen's Association?

Nickgt40
02-24-2013, 6:55 PM
Went to the range a few weeks ago and had a great time. I'm thinking about joining simply to use the range more frequently. I'd also be interested in other aspects of the association as well but the website doesn't really offer much info. Any CalGunners care to give some insight?

Nickgt40
02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Nobody, huh?

GrimmerLSX
02-26-2013, 1:00 PM
I am a member, tons of benefits and you cant beat the price

usarmos61m
03-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Member. The metal targets are great for 200m rifle shooting. some of the rso are overbearing but most are helpful. You should support a local range. Hours are bad but it's convenient.

Nickgt40
03-06-2013, 2:40 PM
Heading there this Sunday, I'm bringing most of my arsenal and 4 other shooters with me. We'll probably be on the far left of the range so we can bench rest our handguns.

kf6kmx
03-19-2013, 8:38 AM
Just joined last weekend after going out as a guest the weekend before and being VERY impressed by it. Don't know much about it other than the rifle range (haven't tried the two lane pistol range yet).
Facilities are very nice, staff and other members seem very nice.
Actually live in Hanford, but the Visalia range is closer (and nicer, from what I've seen of Lemoore) than the Lemoore range is to me.. Also cheaper cost than Lemoore..
Visalia also allows guests to use the rifle range, free, have been told that Lemoore does not allow guests on the property at all, even to watch (in fairness though, have never gone to the Lemoore range, just going by what I have been told by people who are members, and photos I've seen of that range).

Only thing I can think of that Visalia doesnt have is a skeet/trap range.

Like someone said above, if the hours were a little better I'd be there more often (in the summer when the sun it up later, should be open later!)

Last weekend went with the friend who turned me on to the range to start with... One of the RSO's was very helpful with some pointers on the pistol I was getting used to (always been a rifle/shotgun shooter, this was the first time I've actually decided to start shooting some handguns...)

Can'thavenuthingood
03-20-2013, 4:21 PM
Have a thread here you guys might be interested in, starting a shooting chapter in the Visalia area.
Anyone interested in doing a meetup and seeing if we can get something going here in the South Valley?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=10865420&posted=1#post10865420

Vick

Kinsel83
05-11-2013, 1:51 PM
Went to the range a few weeks ago and had a great time. I'm thinking about joining simply to use the range more frequently. I'd also be interested in other aspects of the association as well but the website doesn't really offer much info. Any CalGunners care to give some insight?

I've been a member for a couple years now. Awesome range to go shooting. Been a RSO for a year now. So glad to have a range where you can shoot steel ammo all you want. No checking in ammo either.