PDA

View Full Version : Beer Can Microstamping

Toolbox X
10-05-2007, 9:56 AM
You know, if every beer can and bottle were microstamped and registered to each individual drinker, cops could trace the been cans back to drunk drivers.

It's brilliant!!!!

Why hasn't a bill been proposed for this?

CavTrooper
10-05-2007, 9:59 AM
However crazy it may sound, im sure its in the works.

slick_711
10-05-2007, 10:00 AM
You know, if every beer can and bottle were microstamped and registered to each individual drinker, cops could trace the been cans back to drunk drivers.

It's brilliant!!!!

Why hasn't a bill been proposed for this?

I do not drink & drive, ever, and have lost a few friends to such stupidity. Nonetheless, I am going to go ahead and say "hell no!" First of all, if they have the cans, the driver is still there, so this accomplishes little. Second, the driver may not have purchased the beer. Third, ain't nobody taking down my personal information when I buy beer. It's bad enough when I buy guns, and if they try to do both I may just stock up on both and lock myself in my house and drink and pop off rounds at passersby. :p

davedog665
10-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Pretty soon they will start micro stamping people with microchips n such its n the bible.

donger
10-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Pretty soon they will start micro stamping people with microchips n such its n the bible.

Whoa, put the beer down and step away from the keyboard.

wutzu
10-05-2007, 12:31 PM
There's already keg registration (not sure if it's statewide or just SLO county)

SemiAutoSam
10-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Guess you haven't heard of RFID.

If they can put it into a passport they can inject it into your BODY.

They already do this to animals.

Its only a matter of time before they mandate this for all NEW BORN children.

Wake up and smell the future.

Whoa, put the beer down and step away from the keyboard.

Smokeybehr
10-05-2007, 12:53 PM
There's already keg registration (not sure if it's statewide or just SLO county)

It's an ID number so they can get the keg back. They do the same thing with all pressurized cylinders, mainly for hydrotesting purposes.

jtyoshi
10-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Sadly recently its been shown to cause cancer where the transmitters are located. Not that would stop them or anything.

Guess you haven't heard of RFID.

If they can put it into a passport they can inject it into your BODY.

They already do this to animals.

Its only a matter of time before they mandate this for all NEW BORN children.

Wake up and smell the future.

mike100
10-05-2007, 1:01 PM
In order for your beer plan to work, the 12 pack will need to be registered to the purchaser. You could get hammered if underage kids had possesion of your beer cans (unless they claim the recycling exemption). It would also be a crime to be in possesion of a brew with the serial number scratched off.

Of course the last time the gov't got involved and made alcohol illegal, it spawned a new age in organized crime.

elenius
10-05-2007, 1:10 PM
You would need to buy a lock with your beer cans, so that the kids can't get to them, OR show proof that you have a beer safe.

rod
10-05-2007, 1:28 PM

Already being done. Some alzheimers center is micro-chipping their patients in case they wander off.

carsonwales
10-05-2007, 1:31 PM
It's an ID number so they can get the keg back. They do the same thing with all pressurized cylinders, mainly for hydrotesting purposes.

The policy he refers to has been put into place to track kegs at parties that get busted up involving underage drinking.

When a party is crashed by the fuzz, they can ID the keg back to the liquor store it came from, and the liquor store has on file the ID of the purchaser.

Its called Keg Tagging & Registration and you can read more about it here:

http://www.marininstitute.org/alcohol_policy/kegs.htm

Marin County has followed Isla Vista and has a similar ordinance.

It is not a statewide law but soon will be I am sure. Standards for permanent tagging of kegs will be developed and implemented.

http://www.marininstitute.org/images/keep_tabs_kegs.jpeg.jpg

jerryg1776
10-06-2007, 11:25 AM
You would need to buy a lock with your beer cans, so that the kids can't get to them, OR show proof that you have a beer safe.

I am set then. I have a large white colored beer safe in my garage! It has two doors and an ice maker built in to it also. I got the custom beer safe! Yeehaw!

Will a beer safe affidavit work so I dont have to buy no stinking beer can locks?? the law is so unclear. Or will I need a new beer lock with every can purchased?

Toolbox X
10-06-2007, 3:09 PM
Sweet. I so want a beer safe.

BaronW
10-06-2007, 3:37 PM
What about hard liquor? A lot of people can be made unsafe to drive from the same 1.75L of Jagermeister.

SemiAutoSam
10-06-2007, 4:33 PM
Tattoos = mark of the beast in the form of a bar code.

every heard of the holocaust

Wulf
10-06-2007, 8:34 PM
What about hard liquor? A lot of people can be made unsafe to drive from the same 1.75L of Jagermeister.

I'm guessing you'll have to have a special license for high capacity assault spirits that can be sprayed from the hip without upchucking.

RossRinSD
10-06-2007, 10:16 PM
oh no, when did they start the keg thing.

I picked up some "extras" from work.

I thought I was the champ back then. I couldn't even get drunk from those kegs...

Then I found out we were only selling 3.2% beer.

PLINK
10-07-2007, 1:02 AM
Next will be micro stamping cigarettes butts. When the person throws it out the car window on the high way, they can trace it back to smoker and fine them for littering or starting a fire.

State will be out of debt in no time.

colossians323
10-07-2007, 7:15 AM
I think that you have already skipped a step.
what about the 10 day "cooling off" period. Shouldn't a person have to cool down 10 days before they even think about getting drunk.

Then we should also have the one can every 30 day's law, unless a ftf transfer is made. That would assure that it would take it lease 1 year before someone could get hammered.

And last but not least, we should make sure that everyone has their safe beer drinking card before they could even purchase any.

Sheesh. we know that people would quit drinking especially for the children.
It really worked well in prohibition, I guess that's why they aren't trying that.

I guess people want their liquor more than they want their firearms.

JALLEN
10-07-2007, 4:37 PM
However crazy it may sound, im sure its in the works.

Voter wrath, plain and simple. In California, they can't raise mandatory sentences for drunk drivers. The public won't support it. People on juries start acquitting defendants if they worry that the mandatory sentence is too harsh.

If all this silly gun law stuff was to arouse such indignation, they would be changed before you could spell Swartzenneggerrr, or however you spell it.