PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Near Buelton

Daryl Dixon
02-23-2013, 11:25 AM
This isn't exactly Ventura County, but there is no Santa Barbara Chapter that I found and I'm sure you guys would know. Anyways, is there anywhere to going shooting close to Buelton/Solvang area? I am going to be up there today and shooting mind letting some lead fly if I get the chance. I was looking for something closer than the glass factory (and I wouldn't mind avoiding the crowds). Is there a spot close to Happy Canyon road?

PS I'm pretty sure I can shoot in Los Padres National Forrest legally as long as I follow their rules, but I am always looking for some more confirmation. Thanks in advance.

TacticalPlinker
02-23-2013, 12:42 PM
I'd be interested in an answer to this question. I try to spend some time in Solvang/Buellton area every year. It reminds me of what life used to be like in a small town.

Dustin6st
02-23-2013, 9:22 PM
I have been to a spot on Happy canyon road, after it turns into a dirt road befor you get to Davy brown camp ground. It's been about a year so I can't say if it is still open. It was like a mini glass factory with a few other guys shooting.

Daryl Dixon
02-23-2013, 10:59 PM
I actually did find the place on Happy Canyon Road by chance. Quite a few guys out there shooting clays. Nice to see others enjoying the sport.

amayers
03-21-2013, 9:28 PM
hi, i live in lompoc and i was wondering where exactly on Happy Canyon road the range was located. is it right before the camp grounds or is it pretty obvious if you drive by the on the road?