PDA

View Full Version : More "Di Fi" Hypocrisy

dfletcher
10-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I know no one needs convincing of the hypocrisy involved and hope it isn't old news, but you'll be interested to know that Senator Feinstein - in addition to having (or having had) a concealed weapon permit - has her SF home and the SF home of her daughter guarded by armed security. I have this on the best sources possible and since her home is just a few blocks from mine did a little follow up verification last night.

I see that we've taken the wrong approach - wanting to be able to defend ourselves. What we need to do is lobby for some tax breaks that will allow us to pay someone else to do it instead. Perhaps we'd then have her support.

I don't as yet know who pays for all this - her alone, her with tax breaks or the government directly. I do know the fellows doing the work are of course not allowed inside - they get to use the IHOP or Mel's Diner public restrooms a short distance away. Isn't that nice?

SemiAutoSam
10-04-2007, 12:23 PM
This old woman has that attitude.

Only for me Not for Thee.

AJAX22
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I typically don't comment on Di Fi threads simply because there is nothing that I can say that is repeatable in polite company.

The womans very name has become a profanity.

Californio
10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
The New World Aristocracy, of privileged people.

Outlaw Josey Wales
10-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I don't as yet know who pays for all this - her alone, her with tax breaks or the government directly.

Is this the house that she purchased for $16 million in the last year or so? Three or four floors with an indoor elevator, great for entertaining guests. There was an article about it in the SF Chronicle. She overbid by several million to ensure that she would be the winning bid. With that kind of money she can pay for her own security! :mad:

RAD-CDPII
10-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Let's not forget Don "Pistol Packin'" Perata, he has a permit, but dosn't want us to have one.

pnkssbtz
10-04-2007, 2:25 PM
Was it Feinstein who's husband who has a very very large collection of assault weapons too?

dfletcher
10-04-2007, 3:27 PM
Was it Feinstein who's husband who has a very very large collection of assault weapons too?

Hadn't heard that one, maybe others have info.

odesskiy
10-04-2007, 4:11 PM
Didn't she get an honorary U.S. Marshal title that allows her to pack anywhere she wants? Also, what happened to that inquest into her allegedly routing tens of millions of government money into her husband's companies? That just got swept under the rug, didn't it?

Outlaw Josey Wales
10-04-2007, 4:15 PM
Didn't she get an honorary U.S. Marshal title that allows her to pack anywhere she wants? Also, what happened to that inquest into her allegedly routing tens of millions of government money into her husband's companies? That just got swept under the rug, didn't it?

You didn't actually think that politicians ran for offfice just so they could make life better for us common folk did you?

odesskiy
10-04-2007, 4:38 PM
You didn't actually think that politicians ran for offfice just so they could make life better for us common folk did you?

What can I say....I'm naive....

Paladin
10-04-2007, 5:57 PM
I don't as yet know who pays for all this - her alone, her with tax breaks or the government directly.This looks like a job for a federal Freedom of Information Act request (http://www.fcc.gov/foia/ and http://www.rcfp.org/foiact/index.html). I'm sure she wouldn't mind, because after all, liberals are all for open government, right? :D

While you're at it, you might want to find out about her federal CCW. :D

stator
10-04-2007, 6:37 PM

The Justice department stop that practice some time ago due to legal reasons. We do not know what form of CCW she has now. I've heard that she does not have one any longer.

Patriot
10-04-2007, 6:47 PM
The million dollar question is "Are you now or have you ever been issued a weapon permit or license or otherwise been authorized to carry a weapon by a federal government entity?"

Smokeybehr
10-04-2007, 7:50 PM
The million dollar question is "Are you now or have you ever been issued a weapon permit or license or otherwise been authorized to carry a weapon by a federal, state or local government entity?"

Fixed.

Patriot
10-04-2007, 9:37 PM
Fixed.

That isn't seriously in doubt, is it?

Outlaw Josey Wales
10-04-2007, 10:01 PM
The Justice department stop that practice some time ago due to legal reasons. We do not know what form of CCW she has now. I've heard that she does not have one any longer.

I read not too long ago on this very forum that Feinstein gave up her San Francisco CCW and was then deputized as a US Marshall, which gives her even more flexibility in carrying a firearm. The reason for turning in her SF CCW was due to the fact that she took lots of heat about it considering her stance on firearms ownership by mere citizens.

gazzavc
10-05-2007, 12:04 AM
If she is qualified to be a US Marshal , then I must be qualified to be the f*@%ing pope !!

Smokeybehr
10-05-2007, 9:36 AM
If she is qualified to be a US Marshal , then I must be qualified to be the f*@%ing pope !!

Nice to meet you, Cardinal Gazzavc! :p

Paladin
10-05-2007, 3:30 PM
(making a new thread of this post)

CCWFacts
10-05-2007, 3:56 PM
She doesn't need to answer any questions about any federal LEO status she may or may not have. Those records are not public information. I've heard confirmation of it from a source I believe 100%, but my saying that isn't going to persuade anyone else, I realize.

As for her SF permit, that is widely known. I haven't see a copy of her (maybe someone should PRAR it) but everyone knows about it and no one is denying that she had one.

As for her guards, I am sure that they are on the federal taxpayer's dime. If they were private security they would have a difficult time being armed and they would not have access to the most up-to-date defensive weapons. They would also not have powers of arrest or immunity for their actions. So taxpayers get to pay for it.

Hey I've had someone make serious threats to me, why don't they give me a few US marshals as full-time body guards?

dfletcher
10-05-2007, 5:07 PM
Her armed guards are private security - I know that first hand from the folks who do the work. But that they are private security does not exclude the government from footing the bill.

N6ATF
10-06-2007, 10:22 AM
I've heard of judges hiring armed private security (synonymous with bodyguard in CA).

Only problem is the highest level of weapon you can carry with BSIS licenses is a handgun. Not like the Secret Service sub-guns that they whipped out at the attempted Reagan assassination.

Outlaw Josey Wales
10-06-2007, 11:40 AM
This old woman has that attitude.

Only for me Not for Thee.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/630/2nda1bf4.jpg