PDA

View Full Version : Night sight

rxzoco
02-23-2013, 8:53 AM
Hi I have a xd 9 do you guys know any store in the Bay Area that can install the night sight for me professionally for the xd 9 ?? Thanks

Browning
02-25-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd like to know this too. The XD sights require some expertise, and can get botched pretty badly if done by someone who doesn't have it. Thanks.

02-25-2013, 3:41 PM
I'm interested in this too. I have a set of Trijicon HD's coming in tomorrow and if I can't find anywhere local I'm going to send my slide to James at XD-HS2000.com. He'll do it for $25 which includes the return shipping charge. Turnaround is 24 hours on his end. He comes highly recommended on XDtalk and claims to have done thousands of them.

http://www.xd-hs2000.com/xd-hs2000/Sight_Instalation.html

Edit: Just ordered a sight pusher from Pistolgear.com. I'll update this post in a couple days with the results.

edit: Sight pusher worked as advertised. Tolerances are pretty tight though. I put a piece of grip tape on each side as not to scratch my slide. I tried duct tape at first but it ate right though it. Not enough room to use cardboard. Grip tape is super durable and worked well however.